Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

Comments

• 2-1 win, McSporran with an injury time header.

• I hope it's a good game all round. I'd take three points for us with any scoreline at the moment. I think you're going to give us a really tough game.

• @WillDanceForChocolat said:
    I hope it's a good game all round. I'd take three points for us with any scoreline at the moment. I think you're going to give us a really tough game.

If Namdi doesn't play can we have him back in January?

• edited December 2020

Nnamdi's on the cover of the programme; they're trolling us.

• It's tricky. He's fifth choice but as we play three in the middle in some matches, all it takes is one injury or suspension and there's a good chance he'll be coming on in the match at some point.

It isn't ideal for a player of his age as you want him playing and getting experience but I think they're going to keep hold of him for the rest of the season now just in case. Sorry.

• Just 3.4% of bettors are backing us to get even a point here apparently.

I hope it's a good game all round. I'd take three points for us with any scoreline at the moment. I think you're going to give us a really tough game.

Welcome, and thank you for your gracious comments. You really graced the Premier League for those years you were there, playing a brave attractive style (in other words, the opposite of Burnley). Would be happy for you to go back up this year, but obviously hoping for a banana skin today!

I think you and Norwich are the class teams in the Championship and will soon pull well clear of the rest. Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Stoke for the play offs.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Just 3.4% of bettors are backing us to get even a point here apparently.

I'm one of them

• Are we scrutinising the badge again? Cause this is what comes to mind when I see Bournemouth's:

• Bournemouth's badge is a shocker isn't it. I do like this as a new feature of the match day threads though.

• It is obviously someone being held back by their hair as they go to head the ball. The refs in this league are shocking you know.

• Apparently it’s former Bournemouth striker Dickie Dowsett.

• edited December 2020

Look at how low and far back his ear is. Poor chap.

• The more I look at it the worse it gets. A giant cartoon cherry juggling footballs would not be this bad.

• Is anyone else particularly excited about tonight rather than dreading it? I'm now having the inevitable optimism that we will get 3 points and complete the most unlikely of victories!

It seems to happen to me every match about 2 hours before kick-off, I just firmly believe we'll conjure something out of nowhere and beat them against all the odds. Where this optimism comes from I have no idea but I assume it's what keeps me coming back for more week in week out.

COYB!

(Nhamdi Ofoborh own goal to seal the win - from 25 yards)

• And not because of anything to do with us, because of how bloody good Bournemouth are.

• Dreading us getting tonked if Bournemouth are on their game!

• Oh ye of little faith

• @eric_plant said:
    Oh ye of little faith

Or could I be accused of being a realist? They may have offloaded millions of £s worth of players in the summer, but still have a few million quid playing for them.
    I think the optimism has been sucked out of me these last 2 games, like a J K Rowling dementor sucks the sole of its prey.

• Ikpeazu makes the bench

• @Wendoverman said:
    It is obviously someone being held back by their hair as they go to head the ball. The refs in this league are shocking you know.

Could it be a Kevin Ellison tug on Beanies hair at Morecombe?

• If we get tonked, we get tonked.
    Our stadiums maybe more or less the same size but the gulf in money is ridiculous.
    Don't mind the look of the side given what we have to pick from, just such a shame Adeniran and Thompson are out...

• We matched Norwich away and it took a last min winner that even the biggest Wycombe fan sniper couldn't accuse anyone of clutching at straws over.

So you never do know.

• As long as we don't play the dangerous high line we did against Norwich. Bournemouth are absolutely motoring at the moment, park the bus job needed.

• 1975 my second ever Wanderers game. FA Cup 0-0 vs Bournemouth. I’ll take that score tonight!

• That front three would be at home in the Premier League. Terrifying.

• I feel much better with Dom Gape in there. We're going to win.

• I do think that this, given our injuries and fatigue, will prove to be a ‘gulf in class’ game but given the respective resources I think that’s to be expected.

If we go into the last 5 minutes with any hope of salvaging a result i think that will be a major plus, but we’ll need everyone on their A game, zero mistakes, the rub of the green and a referee and assistants who are prepared to give us the benefit of the doubt.

An early Bournemouth goal and it will be a long evening I think,

But then I’m always pessimistic less than an hour before kick off.

(At the start of the season this invariably deepened for the first 10 minutes of each game, but the past few games have had the opposite effect with the green shoots of optimism cruelly crushed later on in the game)