Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Bournemouth (a) and Queens Park Rangers (h)

On to the next two:

For the first one I go: Bournemouth 2 Wycombe 2 (Akinfenwa, Mehmeti)

Comments

• Bournemouth 3 Wycombe 1 (JJ)
    Wycombe 2 (Kashket & Fred) QPR 1

• The Goalscorer Competition gains another shake up after the Coventry game and below is the table as it stands now after 18 games and 11 goals.

Congratulations to @SmiroludyBlue and @Forest_Blue who both predicted JJ to repeat his performance from the penalty spot - 7 points for the goal by a non forward!

In my view the linesman denied several of us of further points in the 94th minute - very notably @SmiroludyBlue who had just JJ and Scotty to score - 7 for JJ, 7 for Scotty (5 plus 2 for sub) plus the 10 for all Wycombe goalscorers correct. So nearly the best goalscoring prediction of the season so far.

Happy Predicting for the Bournemouth and QPR games - don't forget to allow for the whims of the officials.

Current Position Forecaster Total Points Points this game Change in Position
    1 @StrongestTeam 39 0
    2 @micra 23 0
    3 @MindlessDrugsHoover 22 0
    4 @SmiroludyBlue 21 7 1
    5 @Errol_Sims 18 -1
    6 @ForestBlue 17 7 4
    7 @bigred87 13 -1
    8 @Alexo 11 -1
    9 @railwaysteve 11 -1
    10 @A40 10 -1
    11 @mooneyman 10 0
    12 @our_frank 9 0
    13 @bookertease 8 0
    14 @Commoner 8 0
    15 @LX1 7 0
    16 @DevC 6 0
    17 @Chris 5 0
    18 @ForeverBlue 5 0
    19 @Manboobs 4 0
    20 @twizz 4 0
    21 @carrickblue 2 0
    22 @wwfcblue 2 0
    23 @HolmerBlue 1 0
    24 @drcongo 0 0
    25 @OnOurWay 0 1
  • Bournemouth 4-0 wycombe
    Qpr 3-1 wycombe (Horgan)

• Bournemouth 3 Wycombe 0
    QPR 4 Wycombe 1 kashket

• Bournemouth 6 Wycombe 1 (Fred)
    QPR 1 Wycombe 2 (JJ, Kashket)

• Bournemouth 2-1 Wycombe (Horgan)
    Wycombe 2-1 QPR (Bayo, Kashket)

• Bournemouth 3 Wycombe 1 Knight

• Bournemouth 2 Wycombe 0
    Wycombe 3 (Uche, JJ, Horgan) QPR 2

• Bournemouth 1-1 Wycombe Bayo
    Wycombe 4-2 QPR JJ Kashket Horgan Knight

• oh dear

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
    1 Betfair 38 5 2
    2 DevC 35 -2 -1
    3 Our Frank 32 -1 -1
    4 Chris 30 -1 0
    5 Micra 23 -1 0
    6 Mindlessdrughoover 20 -1 0
    7 Holmer Blue 17 -1 0
    8 LX 17 5 4
    9 Mooneyman 13 -3 -1
    10 Big Red 12 4 4
    11 Forest Blue 11 -2 -1
    12 Forever Blue 11 -1 -1
    13 Alexo 10 -3 -4
    14 Manboobs 7 -2 -1
    15 Smiroludyblue 3 -2 0
    16 Wendover 2 -1 0
    17 Bookertease 2 3 2
    18 Twizz 2 4 2
    19 WWFC Blue -2 -2 -2
    20 Commoner -2 -2 -2
    21 Carrick Blue -3 4 1
    22 Errol Sims -6 -2 -1
    23 Dr Congo -10 -2 0
    24 On Our Way -14 -2 0
    25 Strongest -19 -2 0
    26 A40 -22 -2 0
    27 Railway Steve -35 -1 0
    28 Ryan's Daughter -40 -2 0
  • Bournemouth 3 Blues 0
    Blues 1 QPR 2 (McCarthy)

• Bournemouth 4 - 0 Wycombe

• Bournemouth 2 - Wycombe 0
    Wycombe 2 - QPR 1 (Kashket, McCleary)

• edited December 2020

I am putting up a reminder concerning the Realism Rule in the Goalscorer Prediction Competition - I love the idea of Wycombe 4 QPR 2 and indeed it is the sort of score I like to predict myself plus @StrongestTeam who made the prediction has points to burn and is on a hot streak at the moment.

However predicting us to score four or more is the one way you can suffer a points deduction. @our_frank and myself predicted us to score four against Huddersfield and the sad result was 0 - 0. which gave us both minus 4 for the game.

Realism Rule

If you predict Wycombe to score 4 or more goals:

Score reduced by a number of points equal to the number of goalscorers you name minus the number of actual goals Wycombe score.

It is called the Realism Rule because we only scored four once last season in League One - I am sure everyone remembers the game at home against Southend. Any alternative suggestions for the name of the rule will be considered.

Edited to include:
    You can predict Bournemouth to score as many goals as you like without affecting your score in the Goalscorer Competition.

• I'm depressed just writing it but:

Bournemouth 3 Wycombe 1
    Wycombe 0 QPR 0

Hoping to be proved wrong on both.

• Thanks @railwaysteve

AFC Bournemouth 7 Wycombe Wanderers 0

• But I’d actually like to go for

Bournemouth 4 Wycombe 0

(I really think this will be one of the hardest games for us this season)

(Unless Stewart is back when I think we’ll keep it to within 2)

• Bournemouth 3 - 1 Wycombe Fred
    Wycombe 2 - 1 QPR Bayo, Horgan

• Bournemouth 3 - Wycombe 0

• Bournemouth 4 Wycombe 1. Kashket

• Bournemouth 3 - Wycombe 1 (Bayo)

• @railwaysteve said:
    I am putting up a reminder concerning the Realism Rule in the Goalscorer Prediction Competition - I love the idea of Wycombe 4 QPR 2 and indeed it is the sort of score I like to predict myself plus @StrongestTeam who made the prediction has points to burn and is on a hot streak at the moment.

However predicting us to score four or more is the one way you can suffer a points deduction. @our_frank and myself predicted us to score four against Huddersfield and the sad result was 0 - 0. which gave us both minus 4 for the game.

Realism Rule

Score reduced by a number of points equal to the number of goalscorers you name minus the number of actual goals Wycombe score.

It is called the Realism Rule because we only scored four once last season in League One - I am sure everyone remembers the game at home against Southend. Any alternative suggestions for the name of the rule will be considered.

Edited to include:
    You can predict Bournemouth to score as many goals as you like without affecting your score in the Goalscorer Competition.

Double points if correct though surely

• Bournemouth 2 Wycombe 0

• edited December 2020

@StrongestTeam said:

@railwaysteve said:

Realism Rule

Edited to include:

Current worth of four goals by JJ, Kashket, Horgan and Knight all correctly and no other Wycombe goals:
    JJ - 7 (not an attacker and not 1st goal of the season
    Kashket 5 (another goal in his case)
    Horgan 8 (5 for a forward and 3 for first goal of the season
    Knight 10 (7 for not an attacker plus 3 for his first goal of the season
    Plus 10 (for all goalscorers correct)

Total 40 points - which would increase by 2 extra points per player who scores as a sub or indeed reduce if Knight or Horgan had already scored against Bournemouth.

Double points apply if you correctly put two goals to a player who does score twice.
    Triple points if you put 3 goals down for a hat trick scorer.

A JJ hat trick correctly predicted would be worth 63 points and be talked about for years. It would be worth 93 if there were no other Wycombe goals.

• @railwaysteve said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@railwaysteve said:

Realism Rule

Edited to include:

Current worth of four goals by JJ, Kashket, Horgan and Knight all correctly and no other Wycombe goals:
    JJ - 7 (not an attacker and not 1st goal of the season
    Kashket 5 (another goal in his case)
    Horgan 8 (5 for a forward and 3 for first goal of the season
    Knight 10 (7 for not an attacker plus 3 for his first goal of the season
    Plus 10 (for all goalscorers correct)

Total 40 points - which would increase by 2 extra points per player who scores as a sub or indeed reduce if Knight or Horgan had already scored against Bournemouth.

Double points apply if you correctly put two goals to a player who does score twice.
    Triple points if you put 3 goals down for a hat trick scorer.

A JJ hat trick correctly predicted would be worth 63 points and be talked about for years. It would be worth 93 if there were no other Wycombe goals.

Had no idea it was that complicated, keep up the good work, will keep being optimistic and see what happens.

• Bournemouth 4 Wycombe 2 (Kashket, Mehmeti)
    Wycombe 2 (Knight, McCleary) QPR 1

• Bournemouth 3 Wycombe 0. First time I haven’t gone for a Wycombe win, so hopefully it will backfire and I’ll remain near the foot of the prediction league.

• Bournemouth 1 - 2 Wycombe (JJ, Kashket)
    Wycombe 2 - 1 QPR (Horgan, Bayo)

• Cherries 2 (Aylott, Brooks) Chairboys 1 (Knight)

• @drcongo said:
    Bournemouth 1 - 2 Wycombe (JJ, Kashket)
    Wycombe 2 - 1 QPR (Horgan, Bayo)

Love the optimism!