Skip to content

Ref taking the knee alone

Made me smile yesterday ref blew the whistle took the knee by himself and Cov just kicked off. Glad the players did kneel albeit belatedly. Feels wrong that it's stopped so quickly after the Millwall fans action - imo sends the wrong message.

Comments

• Oh god...dont kick that duscussion off again @Watford_Blue life is depressing enough!

• What happened there? Did they just forget?

Presume it is in for the season?

• The Wycombe team took a knee at the refs whistle and Coventry kicked off. Rather set the tone for the refs performance if he couldn't even organise that.

• edited December 2020

And for the record I booed Coventry for that, not the gesture itself. Also my boos at both half time and full time were directed solely at the referee as he walked off.

• This booing business is becoming as fraught as the crisps issue.

• Is booing even allowed under Covid football watching restrictions? Can people get locked up for doing it?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Is booing even allowed under Covid football watching restrictions? Can people get locked up for doing it?

It's very difficult, I fear with coming bad weather it'll become increasingly difficult to get the banners flown by plane out

• And knees may make unwelcome little craters in the sodden sod. (Apologies for ‘language’.)

• I saw another match (Palace-Spurs, I think?) where only two players forgot to do it, one on each team. The attacker took off at speed, and the defender marked him, before they saw everyone kneeling and quickly followed suit. It was clearly unintentional, and quite funny.

• Was a bit strange but was clearly just a mixup and was corrected quickly. Must be pretty easy as a player to forget when you're focused on the game

• David Wheeler forgot to do it in the second leg of the play-off semis and took off.

• Not sure what happened there. Was double checking @Doober48 because I think I made a serious error this afternoon regarding the number of visits. I read 17 since February 2015 but that figure and the date seem to have changed in the meantime. I’m probably going round the twist.