Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

Comments

• Oh dear.

• @Chris said:
    Oh dear.

Oh arse.

• Feel sorry for Alex Pattison. He’s played really well and now I suppose many will be using that one slip to justify the lack of confidence (based on goodness knows what) that they’ve expressed at various times over the last year or so.
    Whoops, death knell on the stroke of half time.

• just awful, we simply do not look like scoring, sorry to say but its inevitable we aew heading down. unless we find a plan B that works (or even a plan A!)

• Talk about an unrepresentative score line. Three chances, two goals. That said, not good by us at the back and, again, not good enough up front.

• Controlled the game then heads dropped as soon as we conceded the first goal

• Pattinson was also marking him at the corner and just left him !

Horgan our best player, again, Knight ,Grimmer and Blooms all playing well... the rest, well..

• @HCblue said:
    What the blue blazes are those marks on Grimmer’s legs?

Anyone?

• Hopefully some changes for 2nd half. Pattison at fault for both goals,

• Pattison please!

• Impotent up front. Error prone at the back. Not a good combo. There are options on the bench but I fear we will simply go Bayo and route 1 leading to nothing.

• edited December 2020

Poor game and id forgotten how poor the view is from the main stand.

Close up of their celebrations too just to add ire.

Not sure how it looked on tv but couldn't be clearer that McCarthy had utterly wellied their man for their freekick.
    The lot round me were ludicrously disputing it. The Wycombe players too for some reason.

• Despite the scoreline we look better than we did at Barnsley.

Our inability to score is killing us, we were on top for the first 30 minutes and looked the better team, then as @chairboyscentral said we make a silly mistake and let our heads drop

• They look like cupping marks on Grimmer's legs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupping_therapy)

• Ah well. Coventry have the Wycombe voodoo doll out again.

• We've Horgan into much better positions playing off the right in a front three, but we just look so much more threatening with two up top. Pattison's got to go off, maybe switch to more of a 4-4-2 and bring Kashket on. Fred has been ok but could do more - maybe McCleary on too. Would be surprised if Bayo comes on just yet.

• To be fair the players will appeal for everything that is vaguely marginal but on tv it looked a clear infringement by McCarthy

• Have had another look. No way was Pattison culpable for the second goal.

• @drcongo said:

@HCblue said:
    What the blue blazes are those marks on Grimmer’s legs?

Anyone?

Stigmata?

• Allsop's instant reaction to the challenge, seen on replay, gave it away for me.

• Pattison no doubt is one to file in the "lovely lad" folder but was barely getting a lookin most of last season. So it's no surprise he's a bit of an ask to cut it this year.

Unfortunately with Adeniran and Thompson out we have the same problem as early season.
    Both are more influential than Gape.

• Played ok til Pattison dithered and was punished. After that so easy for them. Giving away that second was far too easy

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Played ok til Pattison dithered and was punished. After that so easy for them. Giving away that second was far too easy

Fair summary.

• The lineup looked uninspired before kick off and it certainly hasn’t disappointed. Can Josh Parker really be less effective than Alex Samuel, who has spent all game just jumping into people.

• Someday we'll beat Coventry. Airborne pigs and all that.

• @micra said:
    Have had another look. No way was Pattison culpable for the second goal.

He was marking him at the corner and totally left him alone !? Sorry @micra but I cant see how you think he's having a good game, he's only got involved twice and they have 2 goals

Also, McCarthy definitely fouled their man for the free kick

• The McCarthy give away free kick was as clear as fresh water. Absolutely wellied their forward.

• @micra said:
    Have had another look. No way was Pattison culpable for the second goal.

I don't mean to be horrible to the chap nor hyper-critical but he stopped playing when the ball went over his head while the man he was marking, who then scored, did not.

• Not a good start to the half.

• @Malone said:
    Poor game and id forgotten how poor the view is from the main stand.

Close up of their celebrations too just to add ire.

Not sure how it looked on tv but couldn't be clearer that McCarthy had utterly wellied their man for their freekick.
    The lot round me were ludicrously disputing it. The Wycombe players too for some reason.

How is the view poor, you've lost me there?