Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@robin said:
    Id rather Parker starts than Samuel maybe that will be the change on the hour.

Josh Parker has become such an important talking point for some despite him rarely playing.
    I'm happy with our play off winning centre forward for now. Maybe a run of games for him will help him.
    Stewart and Thompson still big misses for us but at least proper midfielders playing helps our shape (not formation eh @chairboyscentral ?)

I don't think he's necessarily had a good run at any point and he's probably worth another go but it is funny how your reputation can go up by just not being the person playing. Samuel, Fred and Horgan havea lot to offer if their strengths are played too.

• Anyone else having difficulty getting into iFollow to sign up for the game?

• I was getting an error message on Chrome but it worked fine on another browser.

• Agree Fred Samuel and Horgan could do a job. Back four sort of picks itself at the moment.Need a strong midfield. I could be wrong but I reckon McLeary got a knock in the week. Not sure I'm in @Wanderers82 territory quite yet. This might be the new way to play without Bayo??

• Not sure what's a worse read. People moaning at the lineup and writing us off before a ball being kicked, or Parker being elevated to near stratospheric levels of ability despite barely kicking a ball for us.

• Match day feels just a little more normal. Linda’s crew are cooking burgers outside, food stalls in the car park. People sitting in little groups. People disappointed with the line up.

• @HCblue said:
    Anyone else having difficulty getting into iFollow to sign up for the game?

Yes, normally leave myself plenty of time, but haven't for once,and it's taking ages!

• I really really hope they prove me wrong, but I just cant get excited about a midfield with both Blooms AND Pattison

• @floyd said:

@HCblue said:
    Anyone else having difficulty getting into iFollow to sign up for the game?

Yes, normally leave myself plenty of time, but haven't for once,and it's taking ages!

Ditto. Still not in. It seems to be the club website that may be the issue. My i'net is otherwise fine.

• working on my phone at least, but as you say, i can't get the website to load.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I really really hope they prove me wrong, but I just cant get excited about a midfield with both Blooms AND Pattison

When were you last excited by a wycombe midfield? Let's face it we sometimes forget they are there???

• I wonder why McCarthy is now CB and Grimmer RB

• @Chris said:
    I wonder why McCarthy is now CB and Grimmer RB

They can both play there and GA is seeing who is better at it?

• @Wendoverman said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I really really hope they prove me wrong, but I just cant get excited about a midfield with both Blooms AND Pattison

When were you last excited by a wycombe midfield? Let's face it we sometimes forget they are there???

I was a while ago when Thompson and Adeniran were playing and we still had Gape to come back

• Just got in.

• Really really amazing the difference having fans back makes. Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised.

• @HCblue said:
    Just got in.

Yep. Panic over!

• Loved that throw-in.

• I’m too young to complain about modern football, but some of the things given as free kicks these days are extraordinary to me.

• Shocking mistake.

• Tough to go behind.

• I can’t believe he let it bounce in front of him.

• Sorry, but he shouldnt be in the team in my opinion

• Same old story, don’t score when we’re on top, give away a goal from an individual error.

• What the blue blazes are those marks on Grimmer’s legs?

• I’m not sure I’ve seen many better Wycombe players than Daryl Horgan.

• Pattison isn't ready for this level yet, should've just played Wheeler there

• Have we had a shot at goal yet ?

• Pattison’s clearly got no confidence whatsoever, however he contrived to step on the ball instead of shoot from Fred’s layoff is a mystery.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Have we had a shot at goal yet ?

Bloomfield has had two