Skip to content

Charity Predictions - Barnsley (a) and Coventry (h)

Comments

• Hoping for 0-0 of course!

• Barnso 0 Wyc 1
    McCleary

• I think I forgot to vote. I’m going

Barnsley 1-2 Wycombe (JJ, Fred)
    Wycombe 2-1 Coventry (Horgan, McCleary)

• I would totally understand if I got a 12 point deduction for the Barnsley prediction though.

• Wycombe 1 (Horgan) - 1 Coventry

• Wycombe 2 Coventry 0 (Fred, McCarthy)

• Been at the bottle again @mooneyman?

• We've lost five out of five in league matches agsindt Coventry so I'm working on the law of averages that we must eventually beat them @EwanHoosaami.

• Wycombe 3-2 Coventry

• Wycombe 0 - Coventry 2

• Latest score updates after Barnsley.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
    1 DevC 37 4 1
    2 Our Frank 33 -1 -1
    3 Betfair 33 4 0
    4 Chris 31 3 0
    5 Micra 24 -1 0
    6 Mindlessdrughoover 21 -1 0
    7 Holmer Blue 18 -2 0
    8 Mooneyman 16 4 3
    9 Alexo 13 -2 -1
    10 Forest Blue 13 -1 -1
    11 Forever Blue 12 -2 -1
    12 LX 12 4 1
    13 Manboobs 9 -3 -1
    14 Big Red 8 3 0
    15 Smiroludyblue 5 4 4
    16 Wendover 3 -2 -1
    17 WWFC Blue 0 -2 -1
    18 Commoner 0 -2 -1
    19 Bookertease -1 2 1
    20 Twizz -2 -3 -2
    21 Errol Sims -4 -1 0
    22 Carrick Blue -7 -2 0
    23 Dr Congo -8 0 0
    24 On Our Way -12 -2 0
    25 Strongest -17 -2 0
    26 A40 -20 -2 0
    27 Railway Steve -34 -2 0
    28 Ryan's Daughter -38 -2 0

Frankly if offered being within two points of safety at 1/3 distance, I would have taken that but then I am definitely at the private Fraser end of football forecasting.
    For Coventry though an exception. For reasons unclear I feel optimistic. I am going Wyc 1 coventry 0 (Mccleary)

• Wycombe 1 - Coventry 1 (Wheeler)

• Wycombe Wanderers 2 (Knight, Onyedinma) Coventry 2 (Titterton, McCallum)

• It’s Coventry...

We’re knackered...

Wycombe 1 (OG) Coventry 4

• @bookertease, and I thought I was pessimistic about our chances of getting a result this weekend ...

• I’ve got us to score. That’s the height of optimism for me. Also planning to come down which guarantees we’ll get stuffed

• Wycombe 1 Coventry 0

Somehow!

But Fred will onion bag it mid first half and it'll be a horrible attritional/time wasting job after that and not one person will care.

• @Malone
    Could you confirm whether you have joined the competition and if so whether you have made your donation. If so I’ll check back on recent predictions and amend scoring
    Thanks

• @DevC said:
    @Malone
    Could you confirm whether you have joined the competition and if so whether you have made your donation. If so I’ll check back on recent predictions and amend scoring
    Thanks

Apologies - leave me out of this one - I'll save my jabber for the threads :)

• Wycombe 2 Coventry 1 Ryan Scott

• Wycombe 2 Coventry 1(Fred & GMac)

• Wycombe 0 Coventry 2

• Ryan? Hope I haven’t lost the plot again!
    I’ll go Wycombe 2 (McCleary, Mehmeti). Coventry 2.

• @micra said:
    Ryan? Hope I haven’t lost the plot again!

Someone had David Titterton scoring for Cov earlier...and he's got to be mid 50s too.

• @our_frank’s stock-in-trade. Must admit didn’t realise DT spent time with Coventry.

• Wyc 0-1 Cov

• Wycombe 1 Coventry 1 GMac

• Wycombe 2 (Knight, Akinfenwa) Coventry 2

Latest goalscorer table - after Barnsley away - to follow on this thread hopefully before this one kicks off.

• @micra said:
    Ryan? Hope I haven’t lost the plot again!

An age thing. Allsop hardly ever gets his first name in discussions about his performances and I could only think that @wwfcblue was doing a reverse @our_frank and referring to two of our legendary former players by their surnames. Only other Keith I can remember (here comes @ChasHarps!) was Keith Mead, back in the day when there were almost as many Keiths as there were Daves. Barrett was another one, come to think of it.

• As promised the very late Goalscorers Competition Table as it stood for after the Barnsley game, the revised table after the Coventry game is under construction while I watch the Manchester Derby and should be up on the Bournemouth + QPR prediction thread shortly.

Please put predictions for the next two games on that thread.

@StrongestTeam now opens up a sizeable lead by predicting Jacobson to be the only Wycombe scorer of the game with 20 points in the one game - 7 points for a non attacker scoring and 3 points for that players first goal of the season plus 10 points for getting correct all the Wycombe goalscorers in the game. Sizeable congratulations to @StrongestTeam.

@mooneyman and myself land the 10 points for the JJ pen, but nothing further because we forecast us to score more than once.

No Minus 12 for @drcongo for a late prediction of JJ to score, but no points either.

Current Position Paid Forecaster Total Points Points this game Change in Position
    1 yes @StrongestTeam 39 20 2
    2 yes @micra 23 -1
    3 yes @MindlessDrugsHoover 22 -1
    4 yes @Errol_Sims 18 0
    5 yes @SmiroludyBlue 14 0
    6 yes @bigred87 13 0
    7 yes @Alexo 11 0
    8 yes @railwaysteve 11 10 14
    9 yes @A40 10 -1
    10 yes @ForestBlue 10 -1
    11 yes @mooneyman 10 10 14
    12 yes @our_frank 9 -2