Skip to content

Tickets for WWFC vs Cov City

Comments

• @eric_plant agreed on shooting end. Said at HT in the Stoke end it would have been better if we had been shooting towards the home fans in the "away end" second half.

I usually sit centrally in the Frank Adams Upper, didn't book the central block in time for Saturday but chose to move slightly towards the "away end" as prefer being closer to that than shooting towards an empty terrace.

• Yeah it was half time when it occurred to me as well. Seems like common sense really. Anything that might give us an edge we have to take

• What do you guys think of the doubling to £10 for car parking at AP?

• Was the trust consulted Alan?

• I take it there won't be a bus from the train station then?

• Out of interest, does this sound right? Someone that bought their first ever ST as soon as they went on sale gets to see all remaining home games but someone who renewed for the 50th consecutive year, but outside the cut-off number, gets to see none. I should add, this isn't a criticism of the club policy, I just wondered what people thought. And for the record, I'm not a STH so this is purely hypothetical.

• @Doob they had to start somewhere and have a cut off point I assume. If we're up to 2000 and the allowed crowd gradually goes up over the next few weeks all season tickets holders will get in eventually.

• @eric_plant said:
    Was the trust consulted Alan?

I do not think so as decision was taken at club operational level.
    First I knew was in the email from the club at lunchtime.

• It's a very steep increase, and a tenner seems a lot.

Personally I think you'd be mad to park up there anyway given how long it takes to get out afterwards but I appreciate some fans are unable to walk longer distances to cars parked further away.

Most sensible fans will park elsewhere, but it's harsh on fans who have no other realistic option

• @AlanCecil said:
    What do you guys think of the doubling to £10 for car parking at AP?

@AlanCecil, I would have used it, but not at that price. It's not a decent surface as well. I will find a car park on the industrial estate.

• edited December 2020

Putting the price up steeply could be a deliberate attempt to push people away from parking at the ground.

And @Doob , the club were pretty clear with how the priorities would be given, and the previous ST holder would have had a significant window to buy before any new ST holder was able to because only renewals were being taken for a long time from memory, so there's no real excuses.

Other clubs with larger fan bases/ ST holders it's a lot less clear

• If it is, then it should work

• edited December 2020

@Username said:
    Putting the price up steeply could be a deliberate attempt to push people away from parking at the ground.

I think that's exactly what it is. Who knows, maybe it will work and we'll still have a 'full' house after the 80th minute.

• @Doob said:
    Out of interest, does this sound right? Someone that bought their first ever ST as soon as they went on sale gets to see all remaining home games but someone who renewed for the 50th consecutive year, but outside the cut-off number, gets to see none. I should add, this isn't a criticism of the club policy, I just wondered what people thought. And for the record, I'm not a STH so this is purely hypothetical.

Of course that sounds horrible to hear a situation like that.

But short of the club specifically giving a layer of priority to long term fans - and that brings up a whole debate of what sort of history secures you this priority - then the fairest way was the first come first service.

It wasn't like you had to buy over an unreasonably short period like 1hour either.

• @Steve_Peart said:

@AlanCecil said:
    What do you guys think of the doubling to £10 for car parking at AP?

@AlanCecil, I would have used it, but not at that price. It's not a decent surface as well. I will find a car park on the industrial estate.

Under current Covid rules more people will have to travel in smaller groups so this must mean more cars per person in attendance. For example I'd normally be one of four in a car but now we have to travel in four different cars. Also social distancing and check in times makes public transport harder and more dangerous.

Doubling the car park charge is a cynical ploy and only makes sense if they actively want fewer cars or when we are more back to normal and crowds are bigger.

I wonder if the charity car parks will raise prices too? The market rate has gone up after all?

• I'm not sure enough is being done to factor in those fans who bought season tickets at 9.39pm on 13th July after a few beers.

I would pay a tenner to park for charity or community group only, just the record as Alan asked.

• @Malone said:

@Doob said:

But short of the club specifically giving a layer of priority to long term fans - and that brings up a whole debate of what sort of history secures you this priority - then the fairest way was the first come first service.

Some clubs have given priority to longer serving STHs, but I don't think the club has records for this going back very far. That was the impression Michael Davies gave me.

Anyway, I don't think the new owner sets much store by how long you have been supporting. A first time STH this season has equal status with one with continuous service going back decades. That much I have learnt from my dealings with the club over the past year.

• The club couldn't have been clearer in its communication that it was going to be done on the order purchased.

• @Steve_Peart said:

@Malone said:

@Doob said:

Some clubs have given priority to longer serving STHs, but I don't think the club has records for this going back very far. That was the impression Michael Davies gave me.

Anyway, I don't think the new owner sets much store by how long you have been supporting. A first time STH this season has equal status with one with continuous service going back decades. That much I have learnt from my dealings with the club over the past year.

These priority situations are always a hugely emotive issue.

The normal top complaint is for people who go regularly both home and away but don't have a ST being bumped for limited ticket aways by those who never go away normally.

A situation where STH can't get into home games they've paid for is such a new unheard of situation I wonder if they even gave it any thought?

I suppose we would need to see how many STH who want to go don't get the chance to for Saturday first.

Idare say some of us who are in the first 2000 would "donate" games to deserving fans who don't qualify otherwise.
    If that doesn't sound patronising or anything like that?!

• Seeing a few people complaining about not being able to sit with who they normally sit with. I mean, even if you could, what are you going to do? Shout through a mask from three seats away? It's always something.

• edited December 2020

@Malone said:

@Steve_Peart said:

@Malone said:

@Doob said:

These priority situations are always a hugely emotive issue.

The normal top complaint is for people who go regularly both home and away but don't have a ST being bumped for limited ticket aways by those who never go away normally.

A situation where STH can't get into home games they've paid for is such a new unheard of situation I wonder if they even gave it any thought?

I suppose we would need to see how many STH who want to go don't get the chance to for Saturday first.

Idare say some of us who are in the first 2000 would "donate" games to deserving fans who don't qualify otherwise.
    If that doesn't sound patronising or anything like that?!

If the club hadn't made it crystal clear that it would be done based on your ST number- ie absolutely first come first serve then rotation would make sense.

I'm sure existing ST holders did get priority as well @Steve_Peart ?

• I think @Doobs must be on a wind up.
    STH had from the 19th June until the 29th to renew and the club made it very specifically clear that priority access to matches with restricted capacity would be on the basis of when you purchased your season ticket.
    They didn't go on general sale until the 30th, and according to the update on the 4th July had only just past the 1750 mark by then (if my maths is correct) as they had fewer than 700 remaining.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/season-ticket-renewals-now-available/

• Didn't existing sth's get the option to buy before everyone else this year?

• And if anyone wants to ask the same question before reading all the comments we will welcome them alongside ?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Seeing a few people complaining about not being able to sit with who they normally sit with. I mean, even if you could, what are you going to do? Shout through a mask from three seats away? It's always something.

I thinks that's pretty much exactly what I'd like to do but I appreciate the issues at the moment so can get by.
    The social side of going to football has been removed for now. All fine but if that is a big part of your enjoyment in going it will bother them.
    I had to resort to chatting to people I could see a few seats away on WhatsApp. Another strange part of 2020. Not even a programme to read or a burger to eat.

• It's a shame about the programme, although they said they planned to bring it back in some form when it made sense - I suspect not until we're allowed normal-ish crowds again.

• I'm sure you are right @Username. I was making a general observation that longevity of service doesn’t appear to count for much with the new owner and administrators at the club. Just a feeling I get.

Maybe most think it shouldn't, but don't undervalue years of giving much support, time and money, and the experience and knowledge accumulated.

• @Steve_Peart somebody once said to me that 'pillars of the community' are a mixed blessing because they can be both a support and an obstacle to change. That's not entirely fair in these circumstances but privilege obtained through longevity isn't necessarily equitable, nor in the long term interests of the club.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Seeing a few people complaining about not being able to sit with who they normally sit with. I mean, even if you could, what are you going to do? Shout through a mask from three seats away? It's always something.

I thinks that's pretty much exactly what I'd like to do but I appreciate the issues at the moment so can get by.
    The social side of going to football has been removed for now. All fine but if that is a big part of your enjoyment in going it will bother them.
    I had to resort to chatting to people I could see a few seats away on WhatsApp. Another strange part of 2020. Not even a programme to read or a burger to eat.

It was annoying last week, but massively restricting social interaction is kind of the exact aim of the Covid rules, so hopefully most won't be too surprised.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    I'm sure you are right @Username. I was making a general observation that longevity of service doesn’t appear to count for much with the new owner and administrators at the club. Just a feeling I get.

Maybe most think it shouldn't, but don't undervalue years of giving much support, time and money, and the experience and knowledge accumulated.

I think that view is becoming more common is lots of businesses and clubs to be honest. Long service or support isn't as bankable as future service or support. I think it should count for something but as someone who risked losing his Founder Share over an admin mistake this season
    30 years of support count for very little.

Personally that's fine as I've got a huge bank of Wycombe related memories that no owner past, present or future will ever have.

I note with a bit of surprise a rather spikey Rob Couhig tweet answering a fan getting frustrated with not getting an email for a second game running. Luckily his suggestion of getting a refund on his season ticket was followed by excellent help from the club Twitter feed. Well done to them.