Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnsley

Comments

• Why does their manager look so angry? He must cry on his anniversary.

• We’ve been shit in the first half of every game so far this season. I might start tuning in just for the second halves.

• Samuel anyone?

• Might go do the washing up.

• ??? so far!

• Josh Parker was warming earlier.

• No good Bayo winning everything if only one player around him is moving usefully - even Kashket can't get everywhere.

• Balls going to need some headache pills at half time

• edited December 2020

Hoof!!!

• Barnsley defence are excellent. What little we get is snuffed out.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    No good Bayo winning everything if only one player around him is moving usefully - even Kashket can't get everywhere.

If only he was. Just not doing the business.

• Hope second half is better, has there keeper made a save

• Well, very disappointing. Not often we’ve been out-thought and outfought under GA, but we have been so far.

• Awful half of football.

• Well that wasn't very good. Deserved lead for Barnsley - a bit more quality from them. We were a little brighter in that last five minutes, weren't we.

• Worst performance of the season so far.

• Bayo looks to be trudging tonight.

Need some sort of rethink at half time.

• Barnsley have clearly noticed McCleary is the classiest player we have on the ball - three onto him then!

• Gape’s the only player that came out of that first half with any credit.

• I’d love to see Parker get half an hour.

Samuel’s not the answer against these giant defenders.

• Hoofball can be effective against some teams, not a physical Barnsley outfit.
    I'd like to see Fred running at them through the middle as we are flogging a dead horse here

• They didn't have the measure of Bayo at all early on. I'm wary of writing him off as tired after what happened at Birmingham, but that half was the epitome of meh.

• That was enjoyable......

• @micra said:
    Samuel anyone?

Depends how gullible the ref is!

• @Wanderers82 said:
    absolute garbage...we only have ourselves to blame ...utter negative tactics

I know we’ve been poor but how are the tactics negative?

• We were dreadful, McCarthy needs to remember he is a right back, too often he is getting caught up field or bypassed and leaving us with a back 3.
    Bayo looks fooked and totally off the pace

• Time for Parker to have a go and memehti?

• Wycombe are well capable of making me think "We are too dire to stay up" and "We are too good to go down" within the same match, so here's hoping!

• Look very disjointed this evening. Strange we're playing so much long after getting so much joy playing it on the deck on Saturday. Big improvement needed 2nd half

• @micra said:

@LDF said:
    I've been lambasted on another thread for not contributing to discussions about football so I'll kick off this one. Come on Wycombe!

If you mean me @LDF I have to take issue. I was trying to encourage you to have the confidence at least to venture an occasional Wanderers related comment.
    Not exactly PC but I’d be delighted if you posted “well fuck me sideways and call me Suzie” when Wycombe score the winning goal.

No offence meant to you and you weren't the only one to mention it. My opinion on the match so far is that it's not a classic and we're still in it. Hardly a great insight but I tried to warn you!