Skip to content

Fans in attendance

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle contact them early knockings. Sounds pretty clear you should get a chance to get in.

@Thicketblue. As above how could you renew before sales started!

@chairboyscentral having read around it it does look like at least 250 of that 1000 have gone to corporates and hangers on. That does sound a bit rogue to me as that was never in the disclaimers.
    We'd sold 750 by the morn of the third day (21st) so there's every chance the cut off for getting an ticket on wednesday which seems to be at latest at early afternoon was anywhere down to 700.

@micra stay well old son. Good spirit donating your ticket back.

• It seems some people are being a bit over zealous regarding getting the “email” and the time they purchased said season ticket. Just be grateful you are getting in soon

• Don’t know how much of an impact it would have had, but presumably at least some of those affected by the below error mentioned in the FAQs would have purchased quickly and pushed some originally in the first 750 by the twitter count further down the list.

Feel sorry for those that have missed out, but looking forward finally seeing some supporters back in Adam’s Park on iFollow next week.

I didn’t receive the opportunity to renew my season ticket until some days after they went on sale, which means I wasn’t able to be one of the first 1,000 to make a purchase. What can I do?
    The club have assigned timestamps next to the name of each supporter who purchased a season ticket, and every effort has been made to ensure that these timestamps relate to the point at which your renewal email was sent to you. It is these timestamps which have dictated the first 1,000 fans who are being invited to attend.

• edited December 2020

@micra, put the knuckledusters away for now. The club replied to my email this morning and I’ve got myself a ticket now. Hopefully we’re all back in our normal seats at AP in the not too distant future.

@Right_in_the_Middle, assuming your situation is the same as mine you’ll be OK. The club told me they sent the email (to the correct address) but I never received it. So I had a seat but nothing to tell me.

Unfortunately, as expected, I’m not with those I would normally sit with but the seat I’ve got could have been worse.

• @yorkyblue said:
    It seems some people are being a bit over zealous regarding getting the “email” and the time they purchased said season ticket. Just be grateful you are getting in soon

Thanks for your kind words.

• With no personal axe to grind, I understand the frustrations of those who are unable to attend either by choice or through not being high enough on the list.

This is a test event and the club has had virtually no time to organise after the rules finally became clear. It is inevitable that there will be teething troubles and some will feel badly treated. It is impossible to satisfy all.

The next game is almost a fortnight away and assuming Wednesday goes well and the Government doesn't change the rules again, it feels like there will be room for all or at least virtually all season tickets to attend then.

I hope you all enjoy yourselves both on Wednesday and on future weeks games. It will be odd - perhaps halfway between the TV experience and the normal experience. It may even be that some conclude once they have tried it that TV is less bad than this halfway house. Who knows?

I feel a little jealous of those who will at least see a live game (my non league alternatives are still up in the air) but I hope you all enjoy it and most important of all stay safe. Hopefully the vaccine or some other way will help 2021 be a better year than 2020.

• Someone I know who bought theirs on the 19th but didn't get an email has got it sorted by emailing the club with proof. They're doing a good job with it.

• @Thicketblue said:
    I initiated this post because I do not subscribe to Twitter and could not find anything on the Club's website at the time I posted. Gasroomers were kind enough to let me, and others, know what the Club was proposing.

Once the Club was given the go-ahead, the information posted on the website was excellent and stated that the tickets would be allocated in the chronological order the season tickets were sold. I therefore checked back as to when my application was received and can see the following as to when my season ticket was bought:-

"Date and time of purchase: Thursday, 18, June 2020, 13:14 BST"

Given the messages posted on here, I would have anticipated that that was early enough to have 'qualified', but no e-mail has been received.

As stated above, I do not have Twitter and can see nothing on the Club's site indicating to whom one any query might be sent.

Any suggestions please?

Don't worry - you've made the same mistake as many others have. The date and time you are looking at is on the attached eTicket. I think this must reflect the date and time tickets were released into the system and not the actual date purchased. You need to look at the actual email text which also has a date and time purchased, which will be the 19th or after.

• Received my email at 17:39 last night. Not attending so returned to [email protected].

• @railwaysteve said:
    Four points:

To those who know The Drummer, firstly I hope he can get in, his attendance on the hill is commendable and his contribution to lockdown matches so far is audible as well as visible.

Attendees ,when they chose seats, might want to know where the drummer will sit. If I could come I would want to sit in the same block. I believe that there are others who might not. If someone could gain the information and post it on here at that could be helpful.

It might be useful for people to know my acknowledgement for a pair of terrace seasons was on Friday 19th June at 20:40 and I haven't had an e-mail from the club yet. For health, age and travel distance reasons similar to those others have set out we won't be attending in person, but will be part of the Armchairboys Army shouting and cheering at a screen at home.

Take care all of you who can attend. We are looking forward to being there as soon as possible.

Cheers for the kind words bro I be down there but prob outside the ground lol ?

• I stipulated my ticket had to go to someone very very loud. I will be listening out.

• @JohnBoy said:
    This worrying about the drummer being sat too close don’t have to worry this week.

Don’t worry mate I be there somewhere near the ground mate I am not fussed if I can’t get in but I rather be in the fercility etc I rather give other fans the opportunity I rather sing and help spur the club on

• Just told the club I can't take up my option of a seat. I'll be listening out as well as @Wendoverman, whilst watching the box and giving voice to a chorus or two of "ArmChairboys Army". Respect to the Drummer on the Hill - @uptheblues.
    Take care all who can go: please let the trial be a success. It would be excellent if I could put up to a real attendance prediction thread before the end of the season.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Just told the club I can't take up my option of a seat. I'll be listening out as well as @Wendoverman, whilst watching the box and giving voice to a chorus or two of "ArmChairboys Army". Respect to the Drummer on the Hill - @uptheblues.
    Take care all who can go: please let the trial be a success. It would be excellent if I could put up to a real attendance prediction thread before the end of the season.

Cheers bro I really enjoyed your thread you gave to me bro I deffo be near the ground tommtwo life is so crap at min mate football is only way to cue it bro singing is way of letting all your anger and troubles take you away from your daily life’s can’t wait for Tommrwo and Saturday much love x ?

• Ben is a good guy at > @uptheblues said:

@railwaysteve said:
    Just told the club I can't take up my option of a seat. I'll be listening out as well as @Wendoverman, whilst watching the box and giving voice to a chorus or two of "ArmChairboys Army". Respect to the Drummer on the Hill - @uptheblues.

Cheers bro I really enjoyed your thread you gave to me bro I deffo be near the ground tommtwo life is so crap at min mate football is only way to cue it bro singing is way of letting all your anger and troubles take you away from your daily life’s can’t wait for Tommrwo and Saturday much love x ?

How do you get there and back Thomas?
    Train and bus? Aylesbury isn't "that far" but 4miles away for me feels a long way on a freezing cold night!

• @Malone said:
    Ben is a good guy at > @uptheblues said:

@railwaysteve said:

How do you get there and back Thomas?
    Train and bus? Aylesbury isn't "that far" but 4miles away for me feels a long way on a freezing cold night!

I get bus back and forth mate trust me I don’t let cold get to me I love good cold night trust me you have one life on passion football is that mate trust me I go for the atmosphere coz that’s where the players need us the most mate if they here me it’s something mate and trust me when I sing it makes me feel so good ?

• @micra said:
    I feel like going in and beating someone up! Insist (if all else fails) on having my ticket. Just quote QA141. Good luck. Hope to see you and the old fella (and Martin of course) in the New Year.

Now we are in the championship I was anticipating ‘lark’s tongues in aspic’ to celebrate our goals. Looks like I’ll have to wait! Hope you are keeping well @micra

• Truffles mate. And if I can lasso one of them game birds I’ll pluck the blighter and pot roast it for sandwiches the following home game. All for the future.
    Me and the missus are just fine. Only one Covid case in the extended family and that was back in April.

• @Slaphead said:

@micra said:
    I feel like going in and beating someone up! Insist (if all else fails) on having my ticket. Just quote QA141. Good luck. Hope to see you and the old fella (and Martin of course) in the New Year.

Now we are in the championship I was anticipating ‘lark’s tongues in aspic’ to celebrate our goals. Looks like I’ll have to wait! Hope you are keeping well @micra

Lark's Tongue In Aspic - now that's one hell of an album!

• Today is the day.

I hope all those entitled to a ticket managed to sort.

Stay safe folks and COYBs!

• I’ve just had an email which I’ll be turning down, so don’t give up hope if you’re waiting. Good luck!

• @arnos_grove said:
    I’ve just had an email which I’ll be turning down, so don’t give up hope if you’re waiting. Good luck!

OMG! Just read this so checked my emails..and there was an invitation, like the sight of a bulging Christmas stocking on Christmas morn

• @LX1 said:

@arnos_grove said:
    I’ve just had an email which I’ll be turning down, so don’t give up hope if you’re waiting. Good luck!

OMG! Just read this so checked my emails..and there was an invitation, like the sight of a bulging Christmas stocking on Christmas morn

Awesome!

• Also received a code this morning, which I've returned as, not being local to Wycombe, midweek home games (in normal times) are always a challenge. I hope whoever inherits the code enjoys the game.

• I just got one too, delighted.

• @A_Worboys said:
    Nothing for me sadly. Nor Steve Peart, former programme editor and co-author of the history of WWFC.

I am happy say we have both been offered tickets this morning.

• I am so pleased for you both. I have just received mine for the back of the Lords Stand. I am advised to check in Time 4. For the life of me I cant find the actual time anywhere. Doh!

• @TheChair said:
    I am so pleased for you both. I have just received mine for the back of the Lords Stand. I am advised to check in Time 4. For the life of me I cant find the actual time anywhere. Doh!

1915-1930 I believe

• Thanks LX1. That is perfect.