Skip to content

Fans in attendance

Comments

• Yes, seems to work in the end after a couple of attempts

• @Malone said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

@Glenactico said:
    It isn’t exactly straightforward. Stuck in a queue for ages, thought I’d selected a seat but then got a message saying was already booked. Now can’t get back in as it says the code has already been used

I had this issue after a few ‘bad gateway’ errors. After about 20 minutes it seemed to let me use the code. Come to think of it I used MS Edge as my browser the second time just in case it had upset Firefox.

I was fretting as I’d booked my daughter’s seat already and didn’t want the one next to her going on the meantime.

Surely there was no chance of that with distancing measures!?

The next one along I meant. I think the seats were maybe 4 apart with and empty row behind and in front.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

The next one along I meant. I think the seats were maybe 4 apart with and empty row behind and in front.

Indeed. Her Indoors seems disappointingly content to be four seats away. Still, it does mean a whole bag of wine gums for just me.

• Luckily I had someone else trying to book tickets too, we've managed to do it....
    eventually.....

It pays to keep trying as the code it told me had already been used did work in the end. But all sorts of issues with the queuing and "Error 502, Bad Gateway" as others above.
    I'm not technical but I'm sure it can't have helped that the time quoted on the queuing page was an hour out, hence saying it was 19:55 when it was 18:55. GMT v BST maybe?

• No email for me. Discrimination against the bearded?

• @LX1 said:
    No email for me. Discrimination against the bearded?

When did you buy?
    It looks like the 20th was the cut off.

• ah think 21st

• Pete C is on one thread I read saying someone who estimated at 800 of the 1,000 going to season ticket holders was "close"

Seems unlikely to me that we sold 800 by the afternoon of the second day so I'd imagine players' families, box holders and sponsors are at least being held a good 300 or so. Whether they take them up we'll find out Wednesday 9am onwards!

• Well the code came through in the end, and the tickets are sorted. Bittersweet as so many more should be there, but I can't believe some of us are lucky enough to be 48 hours away from watching Wycombe in the Championship. Can't wait till our first sellout next season after heroically staying up in May.

• Nothing for me sadly. Nor Steve Peart, former programme editor and co-author of the history of WWFC.

• @Malone said:
    Pete C is on one thread I read saying someone who estimated at 800 of the 1,000 going to season ticket holders was "close"

Seems unlikely to me that we sold 800 by the afternoon of the second day so I'd imagine players' families, box holders and sponsors are at least being held a good 300 or so. Whether they take them up we'll find out Wednesday 9am onwards!

According to a tweet at 8:30am on the 3rd day of being on sale, we'd apparently sold 750. I bought late on the second day and have "narrowly" missed the cut I am told... for now! So, yeah there must be 300 or so being taken by players families, sponsors and box holders.

• Seems a little bit on the questionable side so many going beyond "Normal" fans. That wasn't in the original terms :)

I saw the helpful lad Ben telling people to email with queries so thought I would.
    Just to get a heads up of whether i'm 10 out or 100 out.

• It is pretty galling that the prawn sandwich brigade take precedence - not as if there are going to be any prawn sandwiches for them to munch on!

• @chairboyscentral - I am supportive of your comments but sponsors have put a lot of money into our club , so need to keep them sweet.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It is pretty galling that the prawn sandwich brigade take precedence - not as if there are going to be any prawn sandwiches for them to munch on!

For someone who gets annoyed about others using the term sick note I'd say Prawn Sandwich Brigade is equally lazy as a reference point. It's more Beef and Horseradish these days.

Apparently despite buying a season ticket for 20 years, buying it on the 19th June and having the ticket with that day on I'm apparently not even on the list. Looks like my season is done despite buying a ticket. Pretty fed up today. Hard to be fully angry at the club staff as they are doing so well but it still hurtsnot to have any prospect of seeing a game soon.

• @davecz said:
    @chairboyscentral - I am supportive of your comments but sponsors have put a lot of money into our club , so need to keep them sweet.

I get that, it's just rather hard to take in the circumstances.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I’m not sure your season is done, hopefully it’ll be 2000 soon and you’ll get one of those.

Also I think there will be a way of giving all season tickets holders a chance to see games, we just have to take turns.

• Shame that some people will miss out this time round. Hopefully by the Coventry game pretty much all STH that want to attend should be eligible for a ticket.

I’d imagine a good 20% of the first group will not be able/willing to use their ticket so hopefully the club are able to allocate those on Weds at short notice.

It will certainly be a strange experience at the game. The seating plan made it clear that spectators will be very thinly dispersed throughout the stand indeed.

• I received my email at 17.40 this evening.
    I bought my ST at 0820 on 20 June.
    I have declined the invitation. I have also done so for a fellow supporter who doesn’t even have a mobile phone. I hope the system copes with reallocation to another couple of worthies. They will need to don the thermals as, with the slight wind chill it will feel like zero Celsius and there’ll not be much snuggling up!!

• @peterparrotface said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle I’m not sure your season is done, hopefully it’ll be 2000 soon and you’ll get one of those.

Also I think there will be a way of giving all season tickets holders a chance to see games, we just have to take turns.

Problem is I'm not on the clubs list of season ticket holders despite having a valid season ticket and having paid for it. When the list was drawn up the computer system had taken my money but not allocated my seat. I only got this resolved in early October after many calls and e-mails. I do wonder if this has happened to others

Fingers crossed you are right. The staff at the club work so hard. I just need to keep going and get on that list somehow.

• If anyone bought theirs on the 19th and has the email to prove it, they're entitled to get in. I'm sure the club will sort it.

• You’ve done better than me, @micra. Despite renewing on the 19th I’ve not received an email.

I know many at the club are working hard on this but my frustration is worsened by the fact I saw the situation coming. I had endless issues with iFollow at the start of the season due to supposed differences between my TicketCo account and the details the club holds (all of which should be identical) and can’t help but think this is the likely cause again.

• I feel like going in and beating someone up! Insist (if all else fails) on having my ticket. Just quote QA141. Good luck. Hope to see you and the old fella (and Martin of course) in the New Year.

• I initiated this post because I do not subscribe to Twitter and could not find anything on the Club's website at the time I posted. Gasroomers were kind enough to let me, and others, know what the Club was proposing.

Once the Club was given the go-ahead, the information posted on the website was excellent and stated that the tickets would be allocated in the chronological order the season tickets were sold. I therefore checked back as to when my application was received and can see the following as to when my season ticket was bought:-

"Date and time of purchase: Thursday, 18, June 2020, 13:14 BST"

Given the messages posted on here, I would have anticipated that that was early enough to have 'qualified', but no e-mail has been received.

As stated above, I do not have Twitter and can see nothing on the Club's site indicating to whom one any query might be sent.

Any suggestions please?

• @chairboyscentral, It's unlike you to be so lazy and I get why you may be feeling frustrated but I'm afraid you are wrong to complain that sponsors and box holders have been allocated some of the first 1000 tickets.
    You have no way of knowing whether they renewed their sponsorship/box holdings (aka a season ticket) on the 19th June thereby being every bits as entitled to attend as the rest of us.

• @Thicketblue they will definitely be checking the [email protected] email account tomorrow.

• edited December 2020

@Thicketblue, didn't season ticket sales go live on the 19th, not sure how you can have bought one on the 18th.

Maybe that's why you have been having an issue.

Anyway as others have noted on your TicketCo App receipt it has a date and time of purchase too. I'd certainly be checking that and attaching a copy to my email if you're contacting the club.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rob-season-ticket-launch-is-an-exciting-time/

Good luck!

• @Twizz said:
    @Thicketblue they will definitely be checking the [email protected] email account tomorrow.

Trouble is that address seems to be quite hot at putting emails in to spam. Hope the club check that too.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    If anyone bought theirs on the 19th and has the email to prove it, they're entitled to get in. I'm sure the club will sort it.

I hope you are right but the list they've used has already invited the correct number of people. It's not a case of being 'entitled' to get in but it is really frustrating when you follow all the clubs rules and still don't get the nod.
    I don't envy the club staff sorting out the fall out today. Let"s see if the manhours they have and the third party ticketing system allows them to adjust.