Skip to content

Fans in attendance

Comments

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Interesting that they are giving out entry times for supporters. Will be a cold wait for those asked to be in their places an hour prior to kick off! That said, I completely understand why it's necessary. The mandatory wearing of face masks will make for a rather muffled atmosphere!

Would love to be going, but after purchasing my season ticket on July 1st, I suspect it'll be Coventry first up for me.

Wonder if signing up late allows a later entry time?

• Would be interesting to know how many of the 1,000 tickets will be left for regular STH's after exec box holders and 'key sponsers' get theirs.

• A well set out article on the main club site regarding this. Good one Matt Cecil and team!

• Let the conspiracy theories commence!

• Thinking about it, as they're naturally including Box Holders/Sponsors, the ST holders will be closer to 800?

• edited November 2020

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Thinking about it, as they're naturally including Box Holders/Sponsors, the ST holders will be closer to 800?

That was my (and @doob's) immediate cynical reaction too.

Imagine being well in the 1000 and then this change that may well be acceptable but wasn't in the actual terms came to light and you miss out.

• I'm pleased to see that no bars or concession stands will be open, though I can't believe that will be sustainable in the medium term as otherwise the club will lose serious money each time it opens for season ticket holders.

The FAQs are helpful but there are a couple of key grey areas - what happens with the toilets? I hope stewards will be enforcing one in one out. And what happens on the final whistle? Will people be required to stay in their seats until they're let out in small groups or will it be a free for all? It's all very well having entry times but the exit is more important.

Finally, face masks even when seated? I'm all for being cautious but that's going too far, imho.

• For me the enforced wearing of masks makes me comfortable enough to attend.

• @aloysius said:
    I'm pleased to see that no bars or concession stands will be open, though I can't believe that will be sustainable in the medium term as otherwise the club will lose serious money each time it opens for season ticket holders.

The FAQs are helpful but there are a couple of key grey areas - what happens with the toilets? I hope stewards will be enforcing one in one out. And what happens on the final whistle? Will people be required to stay in their seats until they're let out in small groups or will it be a free for all? It's all very well having entry times but the exit is more important.

Finally, face masks even when seated? I'm all for being cautious but that's going too far, imho.

Sorry @aloysius but have to disagree with you about the facemasks. As we slot out fifth goal past Stoke's keeper people will inevitably sing and shout spraying potentially covid laden aerosols far and wide.

• Will people have to wear the masks, or just have them round their necks like a CFO at a playoff final?

• I had to pop into a Sainsbury’s yesterday. It was extraordinary. Groups standing round chatting. Noses hanging out of masks. No hand sanitiser on entry. People leaving and entering through the same door as one security guard looked at his phone. 20 odd people rooting through Xmas decks side by side.

The supermarkets know they are untouchable and have essentially given up in the name of profit. I’m positive we will all be safer at AP in a crowd of 1,000 than in any of these places.

• Four points:

To those who know The Drummer, firstly I hope he can get in, his attendance on the hill is commendable and his contribution to lockdown matches so far is audible as well as visible.

Attendees ,when they chose seats, might want to know where the drummer will sit. If I could come I would want to sit in the same block. I believe that there are others who might not. If someone could gain the information and post it on here at that could be helpful.

It might be useful for people to know my acknowledgement for a pair of terrace seasons was on Friday 19th June at 20:40 and I haven't had an e-mail from the club yet. For health, age and travel distance reasons similar to those others have set out we won't be attending in person, but will be part of the Armchairboys Army shouting and cheering at a screen at home.

Take care all of you who can attend. We are looking forward to being there as soon as possible.

• I would also like to know where the drummer will be sitting

• I doubt the drum will be allowed it. Anything that encourages or forces people to shout to be heard will likely be banned. Same as pubs and bars not being allowed to play music.

• Having sat 2 seats away from the drummer at Doncaster away 2 years ago I can definitely say I could go a lifetime without that again.

• Having been a good distance away in the first half at Wembley, I returned from the loo at half-time to find him basically in my seat. That only added to the misery of that day.

• Anyone had an email yet? I purchased/renewed my ST at 23:51 on 19th June and all quiet so perhaps I'm number 801!??

• Club just tweeted that they hope to send out all the e-mails within the hour.

• Controversial thought but I have a feeling that the provision of details of who you might be sitting near will be a bit of a struggle for this one.

I pity anyone who has to deal with the public. Just be thankful if you get a ticket and are ok to go. You can always leave if it’s that bad.

• No nothing yet I would imagine it’s quite a logistical exercise as we have until 9.00am Wednesday I will only chase up if nothing by first thing tomorrow. From past experience they work late in the office. They once called me back around 9pm

• edited November 2020

How do we roughly think 1,000 pans out across the 4 seated stands then?

Maybe as few as 100 or so in the Main stand to not mix too closely with press/players/hangers oners etc

200 in the away end
    200 in the kid's stand
    500 in the upper Frank Adams?

Just for pure guesstimation?

And you'd have a good 7-8 seats free either side of you and no-one front or back?

Can't be "too" bad can it?

Will just keep an eye out for where the drone army are planning on mass camping (as far as possible!)

They could have put 30-40 in the terrace in designated zones. Just to make getting the balls back easier :)

• edited November 2020

Thank's @railwaysteve. ??

• @Malone said:
    How do we roughly think 1,000 pans out across the 4 seated stands then?

Maybe as few as 100 or so in the Main stand to not mix too closely with press/players/hangers oners etc

200 in the away end
    200 in the kid's stand
    500 in the upper Frank Adams?

Just for pure guesstimation?

And you'd have a good 7-8 seats free either side of you and no-one front or back?

Can't be "too" bad can it?

Will just keep an eye out for where the drone army are planning on mass camping (as far as possible!)

They could have put 30-40 in the terrace in designated zones. Just to make getting the balls back easier :)

I think it would be closer - probably three seats free either side of you.

Capacity is say 8000 without the terrace. Miss out every other row so that there is nobody is within 2m in front or behind you. That makes 4000 seats to seat 1000. One in four seats occupied so three seats emply and one occupied in every row. Household groups sitting together might change this a bit. My guess - for what it is worth from observing a few away matches - is that if people do try to congregate it would be in the upper Frank Adams towards the Valley End. I think the stewards might discourage with vigour.

• @Malone said:

The public are not allowed to touch the balls in cricket so assume the same in football!

• I thought the drummer was banned from bringing it back in last season ? Is he now allowed again ? I'll be honest if I was sat pretty near him he might not have a drum left to hit afterwards.

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

The public are not allowed to touch the balls in cricket so assume the same in football!

Makes sense.
    Don't handle the ball even if it's heading to your mush.

• We have two drummers. Sadly one is not as good as the other. Both are nice lads though.

• Indeed, and Sadly the one who wasnt as good was the one who insisted on just constantly making a din and annoying the crap out of everyone

• edited November 2020

He's also an anti-masker who explicitly broke the 'Don't touch the trophy' rule by kissing it - and then tweeted photographic evidence.

• Email received. Finally back to Adams Park on Wednesday!