Skip to content

Fans in attendance

So, has there been any official statement made yet about fans' attendance (on a pilot scheme basis, or otherwise) for Wednesday's game and the following home game, 10 days later.

Comments

• Reading down the twitter account the club stress they'll be working hard on sorting this. So i'd imagine first thing tomorrow they'll be compiling the list of first 1,000 people to buy a season ticket and emailing them.

Probably going to be a case of let them know if you're NOT going rather than trying to get all 1,000 to reply in couple of days I'd have thought.

Then they can at least offer out places down the list from 1001 onwards.

• No.

Can't decide if I'm more excited about finding our if I've made the cut, or the Cup draw tomorrow

• They're still waiting for approval from the SAG, but it should be a formality.

• I suspect you will get the nod, then claim your ticket. Might be a time limit so they can move down the list, but that’s fraught with danger as people claim that the dog ate their email, broadband meltdown etc. etc.

I reckon the 1,000 will be invited and we could end up with fewer. That’ll probably improve for future games.

Definitely a day for keeping tabs on your emails. I feel sorry for whichever poor side gets lumbered with the phone tomorrow.

• Dug out the original email with the season ticket code today in preparation!

• Good point I've no idea how all that works!

• Hopefully just dig the email out and flash the phone under a scanner.
    Although I'm sure half of last season the scanner didn't work.

• edited November 2020

Just looked at the QR code as given on my season ticket confirmation email, but is there any way of working out where it stands in the order of those sold?

• edited November 2020

@adamspark said:
    Just looked at the QR code as given on my season ticket confirmation email, but is there any way of working out where it stands in the order of those sold?

No. But looking back they tweeted on Tue 23rd June that they had "smashed through the 1,000 marker".
    They went on sale on Friday 19th, so as long as you bought before the 23rd you should be golden.

Even on the 23rd you have a good chance as long as they have an efficient system for going down the list for those who turn the chance down.

• @Malone said:
    Hopefully just dig the email out and flash the phone under a scanner.

aye. I just seem to remember being waving through by some kid most games

• I was hoping for a 'proper' ST as I have no apps nor email on my phone.

• I was very early I think but I wont be going on Wednesday so only 999 to go...

• @LX1 said:

@Malone said:
    Hopefully just dig the email out and flash the phone under a scanner.

aye. I just seem to remember being waving through by some kid most games

Apparently, the kids had a scanner embedded in a contact lens. Caught quite a few out by all accounts.

• Sunday 21 June for me, so looks promising.

• 19th at 11.18, hopefully with get an email.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    19th at 11.18, hopefully with get an email.

I don't know. Season tickets had been on sale for a full 138mins by then. What kept you?!

• @Malone said:

@adamspark said:

No. But looking back they tweeted on Tue 23rd June that they had "smashed through the 1,000 marker".
    They went on sale on Friday 19th, so as long as you bought before the 23rd you should be golden.

Even on the 23rd you have a good chance as long as they have an efficient system for going down the list for those who turn the chance down.

Of course I bought on the day of the 23rd, at almost exactly midday. Going to be nail-biting stuff.

• For anyone not on Twitter, from the club, 15 mins ago:
    We're still awaiting the outcome of our application to stage a pilot event of up to 1,000 fans for Wednesday's fixture.
    As soon as we hear, we will issue an update. Please avoid calling the ticket office for information at this stage as this will only delay our preparations.

• Many thanks Doob

• Cheers

• @arnos_grove said:
    I feel sorry for whichever poor side gets lumbered with the phone tomorrow.

As predicted.

• While it's not the club's fault, to not know by 2 days before whether we're in or not is poor.

Especially if they have ideas of people having time to respond and then contacting people downthe list

• Poor from the SAG or whoever is responsible for the decision. It's 54 hours before the game kicks off...feel sorry for the club.

• Businesses have been having to react to short term Government and local authority orders throughout the whole lockdown.
    It's a horrible position for professionally run businesses and always adds to cost.

• Just got permission from SAG
    1000 fans for Stoke

• Going to be a seriously weird atmosphere surely. Interesting experience for those lucky enough to go.

• Can only imagine it'll be like a cheery version of a Checkatrade game

• Great news for those who get to go. Not hopeful my previous season ticket admin issues will help me.

• Interesting that they are giving out entry times for supporters. Will be a cold wait for those asked to be in their places an hour prior to kick off! That said, I completely understand why it's necessary. The mandatory wearing of face masks will make for a rather muffled atmosphere!

Would love to be going, but after purchasing my season ticket on July 1st, I suspect it'll be Coventry first up for me.

• Wonder how many spaces sponsors and box holders will eat into the 1000.