Skip to content

Rooney out

My Derby contact tells meRooney will not be in the squad on Saturday as he seeks to concentrate on managing.

Has to be good for us.

COYB!

Comments

• Doh - seeing him schooled by Thompson and Gape would have been a really good watch

• Aye it is a bit disappointing. But can't see anything better in their ranks

• Derby are there for the taking. We need to win games like this. No mercy. Roast lamb for dinner.

• In normal times, I work right next door to the stade des moutons. Did you know, it is the only football league ground that has a branch of Greggs in it?

Previously a branch of the Derbyshire Building Society, it was refurbished to include a mural of Billy Davies on the interior wall. Three days after the grand unveiling they sacked him. The day after that, Billy suffered the ignominy of being covered up by a Swiss cheese plant.

• excellent trivia

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2020

really weird wording..'he is now the head figure of the interim team' something else going on?

• They've got four co-interim managers. Liam Rosenior did the post-match interview last night, so I guess he was 'in charge'. Supposedly he and Rooney both want the job permanently, hardly sounds stable.

• sounds mental...like a lot of clubs. Thank life for Ainsworth....and hopefully the Couhigs

• He may be a great coach but the Liam Rosenior post match interview was as lacklustre as his team seemed to be.

• Sounds like that as Derby are “only” playing little Wycombe then they won’t need his talent on the pitch to beat us.
    Hopefully means they are massively underestimating Wycombe.

• All I know is - it’s mental we are wearing the yellow change kit tomorrow.

Is it really necessary to avoid a dark blue/black short clash?!?

• @leeronhagg said:
    All I know is - it’s mental we are wearing the yellow change kit tomorrow.

Just wear light blue shorts, we’ve done it before.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:

@leeronhagg said:
    All I know is - it’s mental we are wearing the yellow change kit tomorrow.

Exactly this ! I know some dont deem it a big enough issue, but blue does not clash with white ! Quarters at every opportunity !

• It's very disappointing that we've either been unable or unwilling to produce some light blue shorts. Especially given the number of eyeballs on tomorrow's game.

• edited November 2020

Personally I don't think it matters, but we'll wear yellow for the same reason at Preston, Bournemouth, Brentford and Swansea as well.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:

EFL rules

14.5 When away from home a Club shall play in a registered kit which is (shirts, shorts, and socks) clearly distinguishable from those of their opponents. The League reserves the right to relax this requirement in respect of shorts where appropriate and after consultation with match officials. In circumstances where an ‘away’ Club cannot wear any of its kits without causing a potential kit clash, that Club shall be able to wear any combination of its registered kit in order to avoid the potential kit clash.

So as we don’t have light blue shorts registered we’d have to play in quartered tops with yellow or red shorts. But as the yellow kit is distinguishable in all respects rule 14.5 would apply before the relaxation could reasonably be used.

• Also not forgetting the Home/Away/Third Kit Sponsors and their need for the publicity they've paid a lot of money for I guess.

• @Malone said:
    Doh - seeing him schooled by Thompson and Gape would have been a really good watch

I’ll be very surprised if Dom Gape plays. Shoulder problems are notoriously difficult. Ask Curtis. Dennis Adeniran would probably have shown him a clean pair of heels though.

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    Doh - seeing him schooled by Thompson and Gape would have been a really good watch

I’ll be very surprised if Dom Gape plays. Shoulder problems are notoriously difficult. Ask Curtis. Dennis Adeniran would probably have shown him a clean pair of heels though.

Good point. I'd forgotten that situation!
    But it's time for Adeniran to come back in anyway I think. He'd been superb before his little rest

• Just got a feeling that we’ll go at Derby flat out from the kickoff like we did at Fleetwood (and, somewhat naïvely, against Blackburn). McCleary right and Horgan left with Bayo and Kashket central.
    Adeniran, assuming he’s now fully fit, could be massive.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Also not forgetting the Home/Away/Third Kit Sponsors and their need for the publicity they've paid a lot of money for I guess.

It's got to be down to this, why would you sponsor a shirt that won't ever be used?

• Bolton v Southend. Both in dark shorts

Stoke v Sheff Wed. Both in stripes with white

Alsopps yellow sleeves clash with our long yellow sleeves

Despite the EFL rule posted earlier it does seem to be a make it up as you go along

• Its at the ref's discretion. The sponsor makes no difference as we have the same on home and away.

• Maybe we should go with the ugly quarters over yellow shorts combination, just to rub their face in it. After that we would be allowed quarters with blue shorts for any game!