Skip to content

Season ticker holder selection

If there's to be 1000 season ticket holders in for the Stoke game, surely there should be a selection process to earn your place in the 1000?

What are you bringing to the team?

It is a calm demeanor? Loud Voice? Are you overly attractive? Good at putting people off at penalties? On hand electrician? Social distancing expert? World class boo-er? Encyclopedic knowledge of Wycombe's history to support the media team? Are you a fabled terrace wit that could lift spirits? Enjoy waiting in queues? Are you one of those people that can whistle loudly around full time?

We need the best we've got out there, every point counts.

Comments

• I've got a really nice hat. Stick me down for a ticket please

• I've got a flask and Aldi chocolate bar - I'm a shoe in!

• I can't even compete with the two so far...(returns to ifollow issues thread...)

• I'll be bringing Skips, Space Raiders, Monster Munch, Frazzles, Bacon & Scampi Fries under a long overcoat to be sold to the highest bidders, (socially distanced of course) to attendees in the Frank Adams.

I will not be covering the Main Stand for fear of stepping on @Wendoverman's territory.

I'm not sure Adams Park could handle a fried snack turf war. Especially on a cold Weds night against Stoke.

• I like to think I'm a respectful terrace dweller. I'll clap enthusiastically to Chairboys Barmy Army (and shout "Chairboys" while everyone else seems to favour the "Barmy Army" part) and not stretch out my legs when I sit down at half time.

However, I absolutely won't involve myself in any limbs and I'll shoot an angry look when the language from the middle singers gets a bit too fruity.

Ticket please?

• @peterparrotface i wish you’d set that up as a poll!

I can guarantee I’ll wear clean clothes and be freshly showered, although that’s less of a bonus in December with social distancing.

I am also prepared to shout ‘Up the Wyc’ and refrain from any ‘limbs’ activity.

• Shouting "Up the Wyc" should surely put you on the banned list

• Will @trevor be in the magic 1000?

• I’ll be bringing my business cards

• I can shout abuse at the referee and referee's assistant very loudly in 3 languages (plus indecipherable rankings)

• I've got a beard

• Presume they'll be issuing an email on Monday at the latest telling the first 1000 they're in?
    And more a case of tell them if you don't intend to go, rather than you having to reply saying you will be going? In terms of the next on the list gang getting invited.
    Otherwise it'll be quite an ask to get it all sorted for Wed.

• I’m surprised no-ones been on yet claiming to have received theirs. Just for the ROFLS.

• Rolling on Floor Laughing S

• I shout AWAY every time the ball is near our goal. So the team knows to clear it.

• @arnos_grove said:
    @peterparrotface i wish you’d set that up as a poll!

I can guarantee I’ll wear clean clothes and be freshly showered, although that’s less of a bonus in December with social distancing.

I am also prepared to shout ‘Up the Wyc’ and refrain from any ‘limbs’ activity.

Good shout

• @OnOurWay said:
    I shout AWAY every time the ball is near our goal. So the team knows to clear it.

There is a guy in the Frank Adams who insists on shouting "our ball" quite often when the ball goes into the stand.

• In tribute to Mr Swann I shall vote not to.let fans in but then accept my seat in the Beechdean.

• The Good Lady Teacher Her Indoors becomes incensed whenever she thinks Bayo has been fouled, often turning to those around her to express her frustration, sometimes with words she’d send a ten year old to the Head for using. “Look! Look! They’re holding onto his arms! How can that be allowed? Surely that’s cheating, I don’t see how the referee doesn’t do anything. That player of theirs with the stupid haircut is just a (stream of invective)”

I argue such behaviour is exactly what we need and with only a few thousand her voice might carry to the officials who she fervently believes will be persuaded of her arguments if only they heard her.

That said, working in a school means she’s most likely coated daily in covid and probably now a super spreader so maybe best if we stay at home.

• Ironically, @Manboobs, my wife is also a teacher, and the most aggravated she gets watching our games is when Bayo is fouled.

• @floyd said:
    Ironically, @Manboobs, my wife is also a teacher, and the most aggravated she gets watching our games is when Bayo is fouled.

It’s the shirt pulling, reminds them of those kids in assembly who can’t keep their hands to themselves.