Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

14567810»

Comments

• Be aware posters @glasshalffull , will pick up any slightly negative comment. I'm sure he must have an alarm on his laptop when one comes in. He believes that supporters should only post positive comments about the team. I'm surprised he's not reminded everyone about our financial position ( because we don't know!!). Come on @glasshalffull , supporters of all teams have a gripe now and again about things going on at their club . Doesn't mean they don't love their team. Its just human nature.

• @Commoner said:

I feel if we take the attitude to treasure every point and not criticise/feel hard done by when three were there for the taking we are arguably accepting relegation already as a likely outcome for the season.

Bit harsh I think. I'm pretty sure most people on here are saying we should have and are disappointed that we did not win that game and making the case for personnel and tactical changes from our vast footballing knowledge. If we don't win I will accept a point, however. Personally I am not accepting relegation as I think we've got enough games and enough about the team to survive

• @Commoner said:
    It was more in response to @glasshalfull thoughts that we should "treasure" every point regardless of performance during a match. My interpretation of that attitude is that he could perhaps dream a bit more rather than follow the logic that says we will get relegated and struggle to secure points.

I will treasure a point when we have been battered for 90 minutes or when Brentford have come played pretty well, we nullify them and created some good opportunities.

I won't be treasuring a point when we make the opposition look ordinary and I feel disappointed to not take all three points based on the game. I will absolutely "welcome" this point rather than treasure it.

Spot on

• I agree that most people on here are disappointed!

It was more in response to @glasshalfull thoughts that we should "treasure" every point regardless of performance during a match. My interpretation of that attitude is that he could perhaps dream a bit more rather than follow the logic that says we will get relegated and struggle to secure points.

I will treasure a point when we have been battered for 90 minutes or when Brentford have come played pretty well, we nullify them and created some good opportunities.

I won't be treasuring a point when we make the opposition look ordinary and I feel disappointed to not take all three points based on the game. I will absolutely "welcome" this point rather than treasure it.

• How the hell did @chairboyscentral reply to @Commoner before the latter had posted?!

• @drcongo said:
    How the hell did @chairboyscentral reply to @Commoner before the latter had posted?!

Inception

• Wonder if we aren't quite as lucky with the fixtures as it appears, it's good to get teams when they are playing badly but straight after a high profile humiliating defeat Huddersfield were always going to change it up and go more defensive. I'd expect the same from Derby and an aged and out of sorts Rooney (think very late Paul Hayes) not playing might not be a bad thing for them.
    Still, should be a spectacle and would be a great win if we can get it.
    Easy to see it was a decent point against Huddersfield btw and still lament us not getting three which would have been very welcome.

• @drcongo said:
    How the hell did @chairboyscentral reply to @Commoner before the latter had posted?!

I wish I could say that it was just telepathic work by Chairboys Central or some kind of sixth sense!

However, I edited the original post within about a minute of posting, to add the first line, "I agree that most people on here are disappointed!"

In doing so my computer decided it didn't like it and wouldn't let me save the edited post. So I copied it from Chairboys Central reply, re-added the first line and re-posted.

The Sixth Sense would have been a much more enjoyable version of events!

• Thank goodness for that. I thought my hallucinogenic time shifting had altered reality.

• When I was at school, we had a sports day in which there was a girls' hurdle race with just two competitors. They did a dry run, with one of the girls falling at a hurdle. They then ran the actual race, and the same girl fell at the same hurdle.

One of my friends was watching, very stoned, and when he saw the race, he freaked out, clearly thinking he had seen history repeat itself.

"How many times did they run that race?" he asked in near hysterics.

"Once," we all calmly replied.

I am sure he must still talk about thay glitch in time to this day.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Wonder if we aren't quite as lucky with the fixtures as it appears, it's good to get teams when they are playing badly but straight after a high profile humiliating defeat Huddersfield were always going to change it up and go more defensive. I'd expect the same from Derby and an aged and out of sorts Rooney (think very late Paul Hayes) not playing might not be a bad thing for them.
    Still, should be a spectacle and would be a great win if we can get it.
    Easy to see it was a decent point against Huddersfield btw and still lament us not getting three which would have been very welcome.

100% this. I've read some people suggest Rooney being out weakens them. But he's an absolute mile off that generation leading level player from a decade or more ago.
    I was looking forward to our scufflers winning that battle.

• Had a quick browse on their forum and their fans seemed universally delighted that he wouldn't be playing tomorrow.

They may well be low on confidence and we need to try and take advantage of that. I suspect however, that they will very much be 'up' for tomorrows game. It's a huge match for them. Lose, or even draw and I suspect their fan base will be demanding changes at all levels of the club.

• Two Derby supporting colleagues. One so cocky he once refused my input to a football argument as ‘you’ve not watched the game at a decent standard’. Very quiet today - they’re worried!

• @arnos_grove said:
    Two Derby supporting colleagues. One so cocky he once refused my input to a football argument as ‘you’ve not watched the game at a decent standard’. Very quiet today - they’re worried!

As a derby fan surely he'll have watched some decent standard teams destroying his team, while they massively fail to match it.
    Didn't they get the lowest points total in prem history?

• Under Billy Davies?

• Billy started it, but Paul Jewell sealed the deal. 11 points!