Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowds allowed back from 2nd December

12357

Comments

  • I echo these sentiments entirely. No apologies or guilt needed from anyone, just do what you need to do to stay safe. Let the club worry about who gets in and the continued provision of iFollow coverage to STHs. Nothing will give me greater pleasure than to hear tales of your everyone's return to AP once the vaccine has been rolled out.

  • All the best @micra no doubt regulars here also wish you well, and it's good to remember the reality of the situation for many of our fans directly or through relatives.

  • Maybe a quick spliff on the walk up hill bottom road would settle your ticker down @micra?

  • @drcongo said:
    Maybe a quick spliff on the walk up hill bottom road would settle your ticker down @micra?

    Could you imagine the posts afterwards

  • edited November 2020

    @Commoner said:
    It would be great if the ticketco app could send a question for each match to the first 1000, and then each ticket holder can decline or accept.
    Everytime someone declines then the next person in line gets notified and has to accept decline. It cannot be that difficult to do?

    You would think that anyone who has bought a season ticket must have their correct email on file to have 1 - made the payment/got the receipt/got the code etc

    But you just know it won't be that straight forward.

    Presumably the club can easily de-activate the season passes of anyone not selected in the initial 1,000?

  • @Malone said:

    @Commoner said:
    It would be great if the ticketco app could send a question for each match to the first 1000, and then each ticket holder can decline or accept.
    Everytime someone declines then the next person in line gets notified and has to accept decline. It cannot be that difficult to do?

    You would think that anyone who has bought a season ticket must have their correct email on file to have 1 - made the payment/got the receipt/got the code etc

    But you just know it won't be that straight forward.

    Presumably the club can easily de-activate the season passes of anyone not selected in the initial 1,000?

    Sounds like they are working on being able to ask people and go down the list if anyone can't or doesn't want to go.

  • Nearly 700 deaths and we're in lockdown! I am still struggling to understand what our glorious leaders are expecting in December. If you get to a game before the next inevitable spike and lockdown...good luck to yer!

  • Thanks everyone for your kind comments and reassurances about the likely continuation of iFollow coverage until such time as unrestricted access returns.

    Love @drcongo’s suggestion for easing anxiety. Reminded me of the time many years ago when I asked my daughter (late teens/early twenties at the time) what she wanted to drink. I’d not heard of the drink she asked for and there was a queue at the bar. I eventually ordered my pint and also asked for a spliff. The barman looked at me and laughed. Turned to me daughter, sitting nearby, and asked her to repeat what she had asked for. It was a spritzer. To this day, I’ve never experienced either of them but I did have a slice of cake baked by my daughter around the same time which was laced with a substance (cannabis, I think) that induced a pleasingly relaxed state of mind.

  • I would need more than that to attend one of your 'Jazz evenings'.
    I would need a large dose of Olanzapine, to recover from that experience !!

  • Good news, looks like 2,000 fans back in except for the Stoke game on 2nd where 1,000 likely as a pilot event.

  • Hoping the local authority approval is just a formality

  • Shame we’ve gone up to Tier 2, as I presume that means no one but STHs will be able to attend.

  • Don't think anyone is in tier 1 except for some remote areas

  • Next three away games will be behind closed doors

  • In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Let them eat cake go to football matches.

  • @JohnBoy Only Cornwall, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly are Tier 1. I can’t see anywhere else going into Tier 1 and after Xmas I’d guess many, many regions will be Tier 3.

    Although based on the notes published today Bucks is actually in a relatively β€˜good’ position: https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-statements/detail/2020-11-26/hcws608

  • @Glenactico said:
    @JohnBoy Only Cornwall, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly are Tier 1. I can’t see anywhere else going into Tier 1 and after Xmas I’d guess many, many regions will be Tier 3.

    Although based on the notes published today Bucks is actually in a relatively β€˜good’ position: https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-statements/detail/2020-11-26/hcws608

    Fair enough. As an international fan, I haven't been following it super closely, aside from the thread here. I thought Wycombe was in Tier 1 before today's update.

  • edited November 2020

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

  • @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    That makes it all ok then.

  • @Right_in_the_Middle said:

    @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    That makes it all ok then.

    He didn’t say that, he was pointing out an error.

  • @glasshalffull said:

    @Right_in_the_Middle said:

    @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    That makes it all ok then.

    He didn’t say that, he was pointing out an error.

    Ok. Not really sure I saying anything other than it all being ok. I know he didn't say that. I did. I know he was pointing out an error. It was one missing word and if I'm honest it didn't change the point being made that much. It's all ok with me.

    When my posts appear on other peoples timelines do extra words and meanings getting added?

  • @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    I'm utterly baffled as to how this make any difference at all to the sentiment, and "696 deaths" is how it is reported and has been reported by everyone from the government through to the press and media since the pandemic began, but here you go:

    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths reported yesterday but one of those happened in April so everything is fine.

  • No, it's dishonest reporting by the media and the government that often leads to an over-estimation of the rate of increases in deaths. Plus numbers also include anyone dying within 28 days of a positive test, whatever the cause of death.

  • @Right_in_the_Middle said:

    @glasshalffull said:

    @Right_in_the_Middle said:

    @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    That makes it all ok then.

    He didn’t say that, he was pointing out an error.

    Ok. Not really sure I saying anything other than it all being ok. I know he didn't say that. I did. I know he was pointing out an error. It was one missing word and if I'm honest it didn't change the point being made that much. It's all ok with me.

    When my posts appear on other peoples timelines do extra words and meanings getting added?

    You have a style of writing that reads exceptionally sarcastically.
    It's not the first time.

  • @drcongo said:

    @Onlooker said:

    @drcongo said:
    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths yesterday.

    Sorry but this is the total deaths reported, not deaths yesterday. Actual days of death are spread over earlier weeks. Yesterday's figure even included one from April. Unfortunately this is not widely reported.

    I'm utterly baffled as to how this make any difference at all to the sentiment, and "696 deaths" is how it is reported and has been reported by everyone from the government through to the press and media since the pandemic began, but here you go:

    In slightly less good news the UK had a staggering 696 covid deaths reported yesterday but one of those happened in April so everything is fine.

    Clearly 696 deaths is horrific. That hoes without saying.
    But there's a big difference between 696 dying yesterday and 696 deaths accumulated over a month or so.

  • Apologies for that typo! Phone doesn't allow an edit.

  • edited November 2020

    I thought they were supposed to be fixing it so that if you tested positive for COVID then died of something completely unrelated in the next 28 days, it wouldn't be included in the COVID death figures?

  • edited November 2020

    I've tried hard to avoid posting lately but remain convinced that lockdowns are unnecessary and will prove to be more damaging to public health than Covid-19.

    Some really interesting submissions to the inquiry into data transparency and accountability in Covid-19 policy.

    https://committees.parliament.uk/work/570/data-transparency-and-accountability-covid-19/publications/written-evidence/

Sign In or Register to comment.