Skip to content

Comments

• Not me but, having read the document listing their application comments, I am grateful to have their combined experience and expertise on offer to the club and to them for being willing to put themselves forward.

• @HCblue said:
    Not me but, having read the document listing their application comments, I am grateful to have their combined experience and expertise on offer to the club and to them for being willing to put themselves forward.

Yep it's great to see

• @peterparrotface said:

Aside from @ForeverBlue - any candidates post on here?

Safe to assume, I think, that the architect is not our very own @Chris.

• I’m a little way off retirement yet.

• Thought so!

• Tonight is the Trust AGM live via Zoom from 7pm
    You will need to pre-register to view, vote and ask questions (Q&A at the end).
    https://wycombewandererstrust.com/2020/11/annual-general-meeting-of-wycombe-wanderers-trust-wednesday-25th-november

• Logged in ready for the "webinar to begin", fingers crossed no technical glitches

• Is it me or does Bob Massie look like a young Ivor Beeks?

• edited November 2020

Tony Hector wins re-election!

• The trust seemed surprisingly vague on the various memberships and entitlements, wether the legacy and share schemes still mean anything and what was lost in the takeover, I'm not expecting that anything from before still stands, just assumed they would bat off those questions rather than needing to go and check.
    At the same time a lot has happened this year and they had a good crack at answering questions which are probably now down to the football club rather than the trust, so maybe it means they are all working together nicely. Long may it continue.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    The trust seemed surprisingly vague on the various memberships and entitlements, wether the legacy and share schemes still mean anything and what was lost in the takeover, I'm not expecting that anything from before still stands, just assumed they would bat off those questions rather than needing to go and check.
    At the same time a lot has happened this year and they had a good crack at answering questions which are probably now down to the football club rather than the trust, so maybe it means they are all working together nicely. Long may it continue.

Please submit any specific questions by email or through the website and we will do our best to answer them.

• @AlanCecil said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    The trust seemed surprisingly vague on the various memberships and entitlements, wether the legacy and share schemes still mean anything and what was lost in the takeover, I'm not expecting that anything from before still stands, just assumed they would bat off those questions rather than needing to go and check.

Please submit any specific questions by email or through the website and we will do our best to answer them.

Thanks for the quick response @AlanCecil Don't want to take away from a very good year from the trust, can follow up by email but I think it would be helpful if this was available on the website, I believe the trust undertook to summarize this at the time of the takeover and have given some of this information already in those meetings.
    Going forward if different tiers of membership are created in order to raise funds you'll need to be very clear what they entitle people too, even if the ask is simply for more money to support the club rather than any investment. Maybe semantics on my part but it's good to be open if possible.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@AlanCecil said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Thanks for the quick response @AlanCecil Don't want to take away from a very good year from the trust, can follow up by email but I think it would be helpful if this was available on the website, I believe the trust undertook to summarize this at the time of the takeover and have given some of this information already in those meetings.
    Going forward if different tiers of membership are created in order to raise funds you'll need to be very clear what they entitle people too, even if the ask is simply for more money to support the club rather than any investment. Maybe semantics on my part but it's good to be open if possible.

Hence why we kept the new (2020-21) trust membership scheme, which needed to raise increased funds, and has done so, as simple as possible. We have already more than doubled last years figure. Nothing to stop anyone paying more than the stated figure and some have done so. A tiered scheme would take more time to organise which we didn't have in the current situation.

• @AlanCecil said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@AlanCecil said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Hence why we kept the new (2020-21) trust membership scheme, which needed to raise increased funds, and has done so, as simple as possible. We have already more than doubled last years figure. Nothing to stop anyone paying more than the stated figure and some have done so. A tiered scheme would take more time to organise which we didn't have in the current situation.

Agreed, I wasn't suggesting the tiered approach, that was someone else in the meeting, just the need for clarity of any schemes or rights.

• @Shev said:

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for me. I try to continue to do you justice.

• @ForeverBlue said:

@Shev said:

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for me. I try to continue to do you justice.

Congratulations Tony. Who else was elected? Hopefully they will get on here soon

• It was Chris Harvey and Russell Jones in addition to Tony.

• Couldn’t make the AGM due to work. I hope it went well. The supporters trust is vital IMO.
    I do worry a bit though that most of the membership seem to be retired or very close to retirement age. It’s vital to engage with the younger supporters and get more of them onboard if the trust is to survive and grow. I suspect most of the young supporters think the trust is for the grey haired old gits.
    Would a specific young persons section be worthwhile , perhaps with their own dedicated representation on the trust board. Think of the fund raising opportunities, Regualr Music events in the Caledonian bar for instance, perhaps with live bands or DJs and any other events that the youngsters can think of to raise money for the trust .

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Couldn’t make the AGM due to work. I hope it went well. The supporters trust is vital IMO.
    I do worry a bit though that most of the membership seem to be retired or very close to retirement age. It’s vital to engage with the younger supporters and get more of them onboard if the trust is to survive and grow. I suspect most of the young supporters think the trust is for the grey haired old gits.
    Would a specific young persons section be worthwhile , perhaps with their own dedicated representation on the trust board. Think of the fund raising opportunities, Regualr Music events in the Caledonian bar for instance, perhaps with live bands or DJs and any other events that the youngsters can think of to raise money for the trust .

Didn’t @DJWYC14 used to do something like that?

• @Gordon_Ottershaw - all of the candidates spoke well, and two of them were at least partially running on the basis of representing the younger generation. Russell Jones was one of those two, and was elected.

• @Shev said:
    @Gordon_Ottershaw - all of the candidates spoke well, and two of them were at least partially running on the basis of representing the younger generation. Russell Jones was one of those two, and was elected.

Good news. Good luck to Russel.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Couldn’t make the AGM due to work. I hope it went well. The supporters trust is vital IMO.

I thought it was a great shame that young Emily was not voted on the Board as that would have helped engagement with our younger supporters.

I sincerely hope that the elected Directors do all they can to encourage her continued involvement in some way, as it would be an utter waste if her enthusiasm was wasted.

• Hi its Emily here, one of the candidates from last night.

Thank you for your kind comments. I do hope i can be involved in someway and i’m so glad people saw what i had to offer and took the time to consider me.

Thank you.

Emily

• Totally agree with you @mooneyman.
    Good luck @chairgirlem. Incidentally, do you have two other Gasroom usernames?

• I have to say it was great to see the number of candidates and they all spoke and presented themselves well, so congratulations to all of them and thanks for putting yourselves out there from all of us that don't.

• @chairgirlem said:
    Hi its Emily here, one of the candidates from last night.

Thank you for your kind comments. I do hope i can be involved in someway and i’m so glad people saw what i had to offer and took the time to consider me.

Thank you.

Emily

Hi @chairgirlem , I was very impressed with your address to the meeting, you're exactly the sort of person the Trust needs at the moment. Hope you'll stand again in the future.

• @chairgirlem, I too thought you spoke very well. Please consider standing again when the opportunity arises next.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@chairgirlem said:
    Hi its Emily here, one of the candidates from last night.

Thank you.

Emily

Hi @chairgirlem , I was very impressed with your address to the meeting, you're exactly the sort of person the Trust needs at the moment. Hope you'll stand again in the future.

I too was impressed with your address,Emily, keep going we need young people like you involved.