Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

Comments

• Definitely hit the post. That's a very harsh decision against Bayo there.

• edited November 2020

They're there for the taking, Samuel in place of Bayo so we can press higher and force that crucial mistake. They don't look fully versed in their system yet and throwing a young 'keeper in for his league debut adds to the weakness there.

• @prufrock_91 said:

@Malone said:
    Inches away from xxx connecting?

Did he not just hit the post there!?

Yep. Rocky is a great keeper, but can't deal with crosses

That is surely a contradiction in terms?

• Hope their captain's alright

Looked like he was in a really bad way

• It's that first control of the ball being slightly off, or the pass being a little too long. I am hoping that it clicks in the second half. Horgan to come on and score (you make enough predictions, one comes true sooner or later).

• QPR beating Rotherham 3-1. A win would take us (at least temporarily) out of the relegation spots, and just a point behind the Millers, if QPR can hold on.

• I'm not sure what we've been trying so far, but hopefully we're changing it as we speak,

• I’d like to see us try and find Kashkett with the pass in behind. He’s made a few good runs that have been ignored in favour of looping it to Bayo. Keeper looks uncertain coming off his line, giving Scotty a chance to pinch the ball ahead of him similar to Norwich away.

• Fred looks the most likely to me. Need to get the ball to him

• This game is absolutely there for the winning. But at the same time you feel it's going to need us stealing a goal as we don't look particularly like scoring.

• Not at our best but we’ve been finishing games strongly for weeks now so I remain optimistic. Calls out for Horgan. And perhaps Gmac. I’ve forgotten who the subs are so there may be someone else (Samuel perhaps?) who would make the difference up front.

• Loads of possibilities of course. Forgot about the rule change.

• edited November 2020

If we're going to play 433 but ask the wide forwards to get back and defend whenever Huddersfield have the ball then I'm afraid Bayo is not the man to hoof up to. He's not fast enough to run onto anything placed more than a couple of meters away and there's no one for him to lay it off to. We need to be whacking it up to Samuel, play for the free kick and hope JJ's got his crossing boots on today. Maybe Bayo stays on for the free kicks but in that case you have to sacrifice Kashket.

• Totally agree with @Malone . This game is definitely there for the taking. Not sure where are goals are going to come from.

• This game is a summary of where our season is at currently - we are able to keep it tight and look like we belong, but scoring goals continues to be a huge problem. Then again, it only takes one, potentially!

• edited November 2020

Samuel on for Bayo, high press isn't really compatible with the big man - feels like we'll have some joy with that and we're missing an element from it. Although I suspect we've chiefly tried to stay in the game so far - seems to be the way and it's worked in previous games!

• Personally I think we’re missing Wheeler. He seems much better at being in the right place at the right time. Gape looking good though as is Thompson.

But good to see we are moaning about not being on top against a team who were in the Premier League a couple of years ago. Shows that our expectations are climbing now we are still competing.

(I’m actually still just happy that we aren’t being outclassed every game)

• Especially with Schindler on the sick list.

• @micra said:
    Especially with Schindler on the sick list.

Wahey

• @aloysius said:
    If we're going to play 433 but ask the wide forwards to get back and defend whenever Huddersfield have the ball then I'm afraid Bayo is not the man to hoof up to. He's not fast enough to run onto anything placed more than a couple of meters away and there's no one for him to lay it off to. We need to be whacking it up to Samuel, play for the free kick and hope JJ's got his crossing boots on today. Maybe Bayo stays on for the free kicks but in that case you have to sacrifice Kashket.

Yep this was summed up when Kashket was in the left back position and lashed a 70 yard smash to no-one in particular.

• No changes. Come on Wycombe!

• Tbh when was the last time we made a tactical change at HT with the score level?

• @eric_plant said:
    Fred looks the most likely to me. Need to get the ball to him

Agree.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Tbh when was the last time we made a tactical change at HT with the score level?

We’re getting greedy aren’t we? Huddersfield we’re in the premier league two years ago.

• That's irrelevant really, they're in our division now!

• Totally agree @floyd. We’re getting above ourselves with our expectations.

• This is actually the most frustrated ive been watching us so far this season

• But justifiably so. We really can compete at this level.

• Gape is having such an unlucky season.

• Poor old Dom. He looks absolutely gutted.