Skip to content

Crowds allowed back from 2nd December

Comments

• Wow!!! Im absolutely speechless...

• I think we might have to wait to see the detail before being sure what capacity we would be allowed. 4000 at say Tottenham (if they are in the right tier) could space out easily, probably 4000 at Reading could. Doubtful 4000 at AP honestly could, especially with difficulty in controlling any standing supporters allowed in. Devil will be in the detail.

• Augars well that in 9 days at least 2000 of us STHs could be back at Adams Park. That notion was unthinkable to me a few hours ago.

• Re attendance. It has now been clarified as 50% of ground capacity.

• It's 4,000 or 50%, whichever is lower.

• 4,000 fans leaving out of one exit down one road after the game could lead to some interesting social distancing challenges

• Thanks for your clarity Chairboyscentral.

• Can someone good with maths work out how long it would take to empty the ground if 4,000 people left in groups of, say, 100 at one-minute intervals? Although even 100 sounds like a lot.

• 40 mins

• See, I kept ending up with 80. Not my strong suit.

• Imagine the crush in the pen of people waiting to leave in their batch.

• You've accounted for Allsop perhaps

• Does seem absolutely baffling that they've chosen immediately after a national lockdown to start this up again.

Delighted all those who seemed to delight in telling us there was no chance of getting into a game this season were wrong though.

• 4,000!?!? I have to say I’m astounded by that. I really hope nobody takes the piss, particularly on the terrace.

• @bookertease said:
    I wonder if any consideration will be given to transferable arrangements to those season tickets for those either unwilling to attend in the current circumstances or those who can’t due to being in a Tier 3 area.

Unlikely I will be able to take advantage of the reopening but have friends locally who could

The whole thing is a really quick fire logistical nightmare for clubs.
    I wonder if Wycombe might chose to swerve next week's Stoke game entirely and focus on the next game to have more time to work things out?

In terms of your question I guess it depends on whether we're Tier 1 or 2 and whether we can have 2,000 or 4,000.
    In the latter situation you can probably switch to a pal no worries.

In the former situation it probably depends on how many of that 2,400 can't or don't want to take their ticket up.
    If say all 2,400 wanted to go and we only had 2,000, is it fairest if you can pass it to someone, or should one of the other 400 get in? Awkward to say really, as on one hand you have paid your money up and in effect own the ticket, but on the other hand someone else has done the same and they're getting bumped for your mate.

• It did sound like Couhig was expecting this though, so maybe clubs had been tipped off in advance?

• @DevC said:
    I think we might have to wait to see the detail before being sure what capacity we would be allowed. 4000 at say Tottenham (if they are in the right tier) could space out easily, probably 4000 at Reading could. Doubtful 4000 at AP honestly could, especially with difficulty in controlling any standing supporters allowed in. Devil will be in the detail.

Can't see why 4000 would be a problem tbh. Assuming there will be no away fans allowed, pretty sure 4-500 could go in the away end & spread the rest around the remaining three stands.

• Be interesting to see if any away fans will be allowed in?
    Maybe 200 should be allowed at every game to create a bit of atmosphere. Appreciate this may not be allowed.

Also interested in what is included in the 2000. Is it 2000 plus stewards, players, directors etc, etc. Sponsors may also want to be included in the 2000 even if they don’t have season tickets.

If we stay in tier 1 then current purchasers of tickets won’t have an issue but if we move to tier 2 then I hope there will be a rotation that means you go to 4 games out of 5 rather than the first 1000 go to every game and the next 1500 go on rotation.

I wonder if a STH who contributes to sponsorship of players or the club would get priority over a standard STH?

I don’t envy them sorting this out!

• The easy thing to do would be to open all available bars (with social distancing of course) until 1am, make beer 50p a pint, therefore (literally) staggering the egress of fans throughout the evening

• Be interesting to see how the distancing will be arranged on the terrace.

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Be interesting to see how the distancing will be arranged on the terrace.

Maybe through not even opening it up?

Meaning some fans get a very cheap seat!

If they do open it up, they'll have to make it extremely limited. Maybe 200-300 or so. Otherwise you just know some fans will insist on making it awkward as per our friendly at Chesham (?) was it?

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Be interesting to see how the distancing will be arranged on the terrace.

Can't imagine they'll open the terrace. Much safer to keep everyone in the three seated stands. I wonder if this means subs will be going back in the dugout?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Can someone good with maths work out how long it would take to empty the ground if 4,000 people left in groups of, say, 100 at one-minute intervals? Although even 100 sounds like a lot.

@LX1 said:
    40 mins

I hate to be pedantic but the answer to that question is 39 minutes.

• I must admit I'm amazed that we go into a lockdown to battle a rising r rate and then come out to yes you can visit your relatives for a week at cheistmas and fans back into sporting events. Fingers crossed they have assessed this properly but I'm not sure how it will all pan out covid-wise! I fear I may stay around the ifollow issues thread for a bit longer!

• @DevC said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Can someone good with maths work out how long it would take to empty the ground if 4,000 people left in groups of, say, 100 at one-minute intervals? Although even 100 sounds like a lot.

@LX1 said:
    40 mins

I hate to be pedantic....

That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here

• edited November 2020

Rob appeared to suggest on the webinar that the terrace would open

• It is a ludicrously arbitrary figure as it stands. The requirement should be risk based on each particular stadium rather than a simple figure plucked out of the air.

Just doesn’t make sense that you can fit 4000 in at Adams Park - basically one person for every 2 seats and the same number at the Emirates with 1 person every 12 seats (or whatever it is).

Presumably for example, clubs where the majority of supporters go by private car are less risk than clubs where most people go by public transport.

But I’m sure they know what they are doing...

(I have the feeling, at least to start with, we may just keep it to ST holders, although would be interesting to find out what financial support there will be - if any)

• @Commoner said:
    Be interesting to see if any away fans will be allowed in?
    Maybe 200 should be allowed at every game to create a bit of atmosphere. Appreciate this may not be allowed.

That's where it gets tricky as if the away club are situated in tier 3 they wouldn't be able to travel.

• @bookertease said:

@DevC said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@LX1 said:
    40 mins

I hate to be pedantic....

That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here

Answer his questions, playing the man not the ball etc etc

• Rub it in @mooneyman, rub it in...