Skip to content

Crowds allowed back from 2nd December

edited November 2020 in Football

Assuming Bucks stays a low-risk area https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

Comments

• Incredible stuff. Hope it goes smoothly.

• In fact, even we get downgraded to tier two, 2,000 fans will still be allowed in. Fingers crossed!

• I didn't see that coming. Not sure I would attend and judging from the First game thread on this forum not sure many of us should.

• This sounds like very good news. Hears hoping it comes off.

• Being reported elsewhere that it will be from the 2nd - hope so, otherwise the first game back is Coventry ?

• So so happy.
    Fingers crossed it's from the 2nd so we can see the Stoke game next week.

• If it does happen, can we please avoid being too cheerful. I know this is a football forum but many still won't be able to attend for health reasons or capacity limits. And there are many people for whom access to their particular hobby/passion may continue to be restricted, such as music societies. Happy that many fans will be able to get their fix, but be sensitive to others.

• What is the Covid situation like in Wycombe? Are the numbers going up or down? Looks like alot of places will exit the National lockdown in different restrictions to how they entered. Just wondered if Wycombe was in danger of going in a higher tier

• Cases were rising before lockdown, but Wycombe was in the lowest tier - would have to go up two tiers for fans not to be allowed in.

• Latest Bucks figures in article here. Wycombe has dropped. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-54452127

• Confirmed at the Prime Minister‘s briefing - spectators admitted subject to capacity limits at tier 2 and below.

I imagine there will be guidance published (by DCMS?) in the next 24 hrs or so on capacity limits

• Unexpected and very promising.

A bit nervous. Not for me necessarily but for any knock on to relatives etc.

Masking up and spaced out should ensure it's not much difference from shopping and suchlike?

• Right then, which pub is everyone meeting in before the Stoke game?

• Got to wait until Thursday for absolute confirmation, but we're fine unless Wycombe/Bucks somehow ends up going from tier 1 to tier 3 ?

• I must say I'm surprised to see this relaxation. It leads to many questions, not least of which is which tier Wycombe will find itself in. If Tier 1 then a lot more fans will be allowed in than just those who've bought season tickets; if Tier 2 then fewer fans will be allowed in than bought the 2,500 season tickets on sale. In either scenario the club will have to publish guidance pretty quickly after Thursday's announcement of who gets to come in.

It is also time for the club to publish its full plan for keeping supporters covid-secure. I'm in no doubt that people will be spaced out in the stands effectively but the club needs to demonstrate it can manage the pinch points effectively: the toilets at half time, the tea bar queue, the mass exit at the end, walking through the stadium gates and down Hillbottom Road.

If we go into Tier 2 the club will also have to work out how to make money from the bars, given they will only be able to serve alcohol alongside a substantial meal. Does a Tom Kerridge pie / vegan burgers count?

• Honestly hard to see what has positively changed since August to allow crowds now but not then. Still good news. Presumably home fans only at present.

• It does seem rather arbitrary, but I guess few will complain if the arbitrary decision is in their favour. Interesting to see how it works out at bigger clubs where 4000 is such a small proportion of the season ticket holders - it may cause more frustration than its worth.

• @aloysius said:
    I must say I'm surprised to see this relaxation. It leads to many questions, not least of which is which tier Wycombe will find itself in. If Tier 1 then a lot more fans will be allowed in than just those who've bought season tickets; if Tier 2 then fewer fans will be allowed in than bought the 2,500 season tickets on sale. In either scenario the club will have to publish guidance pretty quickly after Thursday's announcement of who gets to come in.

It is also time for the club to publish its full plan for keeping supporters covid-secure. I'm in no doubt that people will be spaced out in the stands effectively but the club needs to demonstrate it can manage the pinch points effectively: the toilets at half time, the tea bar queue, the mass exit at the end, walking through the stadium gates and down Hillbottom Road.

If we go into Tier 2 the club will also have to work out how to make money from the bars, given they will only be able to serve alcohol alongside a substantial meal. Does a Tom Kerridge pie / vegan burgers count?

I believe at the time they said the first supporters to renew would be given priority.

• @aloysius said:
    I must say I'm surprised to see this relaxation. It leads to many questions, not least of which is which tier Wycombe will find itself in. If Tier 1 then a lot more fans will be allowed in than just those who've bought season tickets; if Tier 2 then fewer fans will be allowed in than bought the 2,500 season tickets on sale. In either scenario the club will have to publish guidance pretty quickly after Thursday's announcement of who gets to come in.

I'm not sure that the club can be expected to publish anything until it sees the rules it might be expected to follow. Take away food is allowed btw although what the arrangements would need to be for queuing I don't know.

Whole thing seems a bit early for me but I guess no real reason to exclude football when and if other things are going to open up.

• Will the decision of who gets in depend on who went to Carlisle away? My daughter is shielding anyway so might be still ifollow for me whatever the decision.

• Absolutely nothing has changed. If anything the situation has worsened and I can’t see that there is any logical reason for the change in rules. In fact, now that a vaccine in Q1/Q2 2021 looks possible I’d probably argue it makes less sense now, as we have some confidence that a solution is close.

Having said all that, I think it was unreasonable not to allow limited capacity at outdoor venues in the first place and I’ll be there first game.

• @aloysius said:

I assume we will still need to operate social distancing in the stands. I think the club did this in the summer and came up with a figure of 2,500(?) for ‘Covid secure’ capacity.

As for the bars, the village should pay dividends here. Click and collect outdoor drinking is still happening as we speak so it seems a ready made solution. Opening the indoor bars is probably more hassle than it is worth, even if it is permissible.

• How many season tickets have we sold?

• About 2400 I believe. I understand it was capped at the number that we sold last season for this very reason

• I wonder if any consideration will be given to transferable arrangements to those season tickets for those either unwilling to attend in the current circumstances or those who can’t due to being in a Tier 3 area.

Unlikely I will be able to take advantage of the reopening but have friends locally who could

• I should say that the logistics of it probably outweigh the benefits, but does this mean we lose free iFollow?

And for all the attendant risks it is more good news

• Just reading potentially EFL looking into moving all the fixtures on 2nd Dec to the 3rd so 1st home match with fans would be stoke on the 3rd.

• @Glenactico said:
    Right then, which pub is everyone meeting in before the Stoke game?

Does the lockdown end effective midnight on 2nd December or are restrictions lifted the midnight prior? The answer will clarify if fans will be possible for the Stoke home game.
    I saw an article that EFL were considering moving the full fixture programme to the Wednesday so perhaps it will be possible.
    Would be good to get clarification on this.

• Lockdown ends at 00:01 on the 2nd

• I can't understand why we are allowed the same number of fans into Adams Park as a ground capacity which is much larger than ours which is also in tier 1. As old as I am, I can't wait to start "Chairboys" again behind the goal. I already feel quite emotional. It would be great if the players and management could parade the play off trophy before our 1st game in front of our fans. Let's not forget those who were involved last season who are now with different clubs. Stay safe everyone.