Skip to content

1980's Wanderers teddy

Anyone remember this old feller who was taken to all the Wanderers matches home and away by an elderly lady, she gave it to my (then) young son in the mid 1980's .... can any-one remember her or her name?

Wycombe Wanderers teddy

Comments

• If its who I'm thinking off, the surname was Freeman.

• Ahhhh, that rings a bell. I remember booking her on the supporters coaches in the early 80's.

• She was a lovely woman lived in Downley, if it's the one I'm thinking off, she used to go with her son who was called Stef.
    Her first name alludes me at present.

• That all sounds very familiar. Has anyone a photo, I’m sure I would recognise her.

• If he had the technology I’d send a picture to Ron Monk. He’d know. Might print the photo and send to him. Will let you know.

• I believe Steve Freeman ex Oxford City and Wyc Reserve and long term co owner of Freemans in Dessie Rd is her nephew.

• I’d forgotten about Steve. Last saw him in the foyer of Wycombe General a good few years ago selling his newspapers.

• @micra said:
    If he had the technology I’d send a picture to Ron Monk. He’d know. Might print the photo and send to him. Will let you know.

If you like @micra I can pop down the road, pick up the picture & scan it for you?

• Thanks @EwanHoosaami but I’ve screenshot it and printed it out. Reckon Ron will think (perhaps rightly) that lockdown has finally pushed me round the bend!

• @micra - If you're seeing Ron say hello from me, we worked together for many years at Detexomat in Cressex.

• Will do.

• Spoke to Ron yesterday. Drew a total blank I’m afraid. He’d never set eyes on the wee bear before.

• Not quite so wee, measures about 27" head to toe .... I'm sure the lady in question use to take it on the coaches to away games.

• My wife reckoned it was quite big but how she could say that without any kind of yardstick in the picture I’m not sure.

• I have a feeling her son Stef worked at Mines and West in Downley.

• Here's your wife's yardstick, taken in 1986 just after we acquired him with my then one year son (that makes me old)

• Thanks @Jocks_little_helper. Hard to believe that you have a 35 year old son.
    Our daughter is 50 but I was 32 when she was born.