Skip to content

Match day thread: Brentford

Comments

• What a brilliant save.
    After gape was skinned down our right

• So Alan Parry thinks Brentford imploded after lockdown last season. I hope we implode soon - they won 7 games on the bounce!

• Gape looks off the pace, hardly surprising. Important clearance there but very slow to react.

• Didn’t they falter at the end though They’ve gone up automatically and then lost in the play-offs

• I’d like to see Adeniran and Gmac on for Gape and Horgan before too long.

• Thats two very good saves from the goalkeeper that never makes good saves

• But not too soon!

• Re: casting ifollow. Using Chrome browser on a PC you can cast a tab, that's running the ifollow in full screen, to Chromecast device plugged to HDMI port on the TV.
    Bingo WWFC on a big TV.

• @micra said:
    I’d like to see Adeniran and Gmac on for Gape and Horgan before too long.

Gape needs to come off, like, now - shouldn't have started!

• Horgs has suddenly come to life.

• @micra said:

That has to be the change at half time.

• Decent half for us. Usual suspects playing well.

• Thought Horgan was ok myself.... Bayo has hardly touched the ball

• Knight btw... immense

• Pity no Thompson goal to casually mention to my Notts County family members!

• @floyd said:

@micra said:

That has to be the change at half time.

Alan Parry agrees. I bet quite a few others do too.

• Good half oveall - the back 5 solid again with Curtis, Wheeler and Kashket playing superbly too

• @Wendoverman said:
    Pity no Thompson goal to casually mention to my Notts County family members!

Phil mentioned his Leyton Orient supporting friend too. I can only imagine being a fan of either of those clubs and thinking about letting Thompson and Kashket go so easily - especially as both fell through the trapdoor afterwards.

• @Twizz said:
    Re: casting ifollow. Using Chrome browser on a PC you can cast a tab, that's running the ifollow in full screen, to Chromecast device plugged to HDMI port on the TV.
    Bingo WWFC on a big TV.

Blimey @Twizz . Have a heart !

• These things happen though throughout football... no different to us letting Anya go, I imagine fans laughed at us for that

• I doubt Gareth will change things for an hour. I think we're dragging them down to our level. Kashket is running like madman.

• Kashket's clearly been told to give them 60-65mins of hell and then get a break.

Dare say we'll see Adeniran, McCleary and Samuel at some point not too far off.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result today to say the least. If we can pinch it - dreamworld.

We need to have something vaguely on target first though.
    That JJ corner on half time was woeful! Give them a chance

• Allsop making some great saves. Despite what others are saying my impression is that Horgan is having a good game, both on and off the ball.

• @Chris said:
    Allsop making some great saves. Despite what others are saying my impression is that Horgan is having a good game, both on and off the ball.

Horgan needs to do a bit more every week for me. I know that's a bit of an unpopular opinion as most people think he's been superb.

• @Shev and wasnt Kevin Nolan manager at BOTH
    clubs at the time they were releaesed? ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I doubt Gareth will change things for an hour. I think we're dragging them down to our level. Kashket is running like madman.

If I was the Brentford manager, I'd demand a drugs test on Kashket. Looks like a hare on speed!

• It's testament to JJ that when he walks up to take a corner from that side, it feels like a free kick from the edge of the area as far as anticipation.

• Can't remember the last time I saw a team look so dangerous while having one shot

• @HolmerBlue said:
    These things happen though throughout football... no different to us letting Anya go, I imagine fans laughed at us for that

True, but we don't have many in that category do we? We had Juan Ugarte on trial one summer and didn't sign him, ended up scoring about twenty goals for Wrexham.

• Also, the timing of when Notts County released him was almost precisely when we started our upward trajectory to the second tier, and they dropped to the Conference. Three tiers above them with one of their cast offs bossing it - ouch!