Skip to content

Preview: Wycombe v Brentford

edited November 2020 in Football

https://chairboyscentral.com/2020/11/20/preview-wycombe-v-brentford/ Should be back to previews etc. as normal now, although the site is still a bit of a work in progress

Comments

• Great stuff @chairboyscentral. Still not sure I understand xG but your previews and analysis are always appreciated.

• edited November 2020

@MindlessDrugHoover Cheers! Click the link if you want an explainer, or oilysailor's done one for Opta. Basically it just gives each shot a probability of resulting in a goal - based on thousands of historical shots. Gives you a good at-a-glance idea of performance and whether a team is being wasteful or otherwise - becomes more useful the deeper you go into a season. Admittedly not to everyone's taste, which is fair enough.

• A few days ago I dreamed that this game would be a 2-0 win for Wycombe.

Thank me later.

• A win takes us out of the bottom three now, Cov just drew with Birmingham

• @chairboyscentral said:
    A win takes us out of the bottom three now, Cov just drew with Birmingham

Had that on in the background. Probably the ideal result for us.

• @Malone Sounds like it was only good for background viewing from what people are saying!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @Malone Sounds like it was only good for background viewing from what people are saying!

I used to watch every bit of football I could find. And not having sky, you appreciated what was on offer.
    But I realise these days I like to watch a lot of Premier league, and I like to watch Wycombe. England in tournaments too, but anything else I can barely deal with. That game tonight really was stale fare.

• "Paint watches Birmingham City dry" was how I saw it summed up