Skip to content

IFollow issues.

Comments

• Never intended to be a sleight @micra. I'll owe you so many beers when we finally can meet at AP!

• No sleight taken @ValleyWanderer - I was just making a flippant reference to the halo ? on the emoji representing me. A pint of Rebellion IPA would go down a treat. Of course, by the time we meet in August 2021 the tax on ale will have quadrupled and a pint will cost you about seven quid. Can’t wait.

• Unless you are making oblique reference to dexterity, I think you mean "slight".

• True, Blue. I am very shaky when it comes to expressions like that. When @ValleyWanderer first used ‘sleight’ I was thrown by the context and it didn’t feel right at all to respond “no sleight taken”. To be honest, I wasn’t even conscious of a ‘slight’ in his previous post. But we know each other quite well and I put it down to (‘put’ in the past tense) late night meanderings.

Talking of past tenses, I’d be interested to know your ‘take’ on the trend towards ‘sped’ as the past tense (historic or perfect) of ‘speed’.

• @HCblue said:
    Unless you are making oblique reference to dexterity, I think you mean "slight".

Me or @ValleyWanderer ?!

• Thank you @HCblue for pointing out the correct use of sleight/slight. I hope for a trouble free viewing of iFollow tomorrow after my recent travails with it for the away game.

• I’m very envious @ValleyWanderer of a fellow fan who gets iFollow on an iPad and is able to project matches wirelessly on to his smart TV set. My ancient Panasonic set seems reluctant to give up the ghost and I don’t own an iPad anyway. I bet as soon as we can get back to Adams Park the Panasonic will expire!

• My Lenovo Ideapad 310 is about 5 or 6 years old now so getting on a bit! I normally just set up iFollow, click full screen option then use an HDMI cable from the Ideapad to the TV and just select the port to which I connected it and hey presto! I understand from friends that Apple products may be more difficult to connect in this way though.

• You make it sound so simple @ValleyWanderer. Ports and mysterious cables ‘n’ all that. At least if I watch on the laptop (once I get it set up) mrs micra can watch all her Channel 5 murderers, murderous neighbours, world’s most evil killers, ambulance, GPs behind closed doors, 24 hours in A&E (or police custody) etc in peace.

• Bit early to be cranking this thread out isn't it. Almost a full 24hours before the latest ifollow lotto!

• @Malone you can never log in too early.

• @arnos_grove said:
    @Malone you can never log in too early.

I will definitely not leave it until 2.55 this week!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Thank you @HCblue for pointing out the correct use of sleight/slight. I hope for a trouble free viewing of iFollow tomorrow after my recent travails with it for the away game.

I'll be hoping you enjoy a sleight improvement.

• Ah, yes indeed. I trust I will not have any dexterity issues with the HDMI cable.??

• All quiet on the iFollow front. Remarkable. My ancient laptop took its usual seven or eight minutes to warm up but looking good to go.

• @micra said:
    All quiet on the iFollow front. Remarkable. My ancient laptop took its usual seven or eight minutes to warm up but looking good to go.

Yep, in first time today

• Nerves kicking in.

• I’m a season ticket holder But it wouldn’t let me in in the end had to pay to see the game.Another job to sort out next week

• Just getting the ifollow wheel of death. Cutting in and out. Anyone else?

• Was a bit annoying tonight with many short periods of buffering, but it mainly sorted itself after a few seconds. When it didn't, I just clicked on the Live button on the bottom left of the screen, which seemed to quickly sort it.

• Are you sure you weren't just watching a player on the floor not moving due to injury. Happened a few times tonight.
    Get fit soon Dom

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Was a bit annoying tonight with many short periods of buffering, but it mainly sorted itself after a few seconds. When it didn't, I just clicked on the Live button on the bottom left of the screen, which seemed to quickly sort it.

You can drop the quality in the settings menu, which helps with buffering issues I've found.

• Wonder if some people’s issues are to do with their “intelligent” hubs/routers some ISPs provide. These look for least congested WiFi channel and swap around. If you’re in a environment where neighbours signals might be detected the hub could shift channel and so cause connected devices to follow, resulting in a short glitch.

I have my router set to a permanent channel and don’t have the issues many report on here but I’m lucky in that I don’t detect too many other spurious networks so have been able to find a quiet channel.

• I discovered something I didn't know last night. I had a Zoom meeting I couldn't get out of at 7.30. So I watched from 7 and paused it at 7.30, when the meeting finished at 9 I started it again. Obviously, switched off my phone.

• Bizarrely if I’m listening through AirPods and take them out to be sociable for a few seconds it also pauses the game

• Has anone ever tried to change an email address on iFollow? It seems that even that simple thing is too much for it to handle.

• I tried to order my shopping on there. Substituted haddock instead of plaice! Who would accept that as a substitute?

• @bookertease said:
    Bizarrely if I’m listening through AirPods and take them out to be sociable for a few seconds it also pauses the game

Moral of the tale: Stay unsociable.

• edited November 2020

The Football Supporters Association are after fans to provide feedback on iFollow. They are lobbying the EFL to improve the service.

Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/efl-streaming

Fill your boots!