Skip to content

'Close Quarters' live Q&A - Mon 16th, 7pm

edited November 2020 in Football

I don't know what 'Fan Number' is, but I just put a random one in and it worked https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8zTjvb4_RESwiZnVrahvTA

Comments

• Did the same with a random three figure number and I’m registered.

• A lengthy webinar but with GA, Darius, Blooms, Jack Grimmer and Neil Harman himself all chipping in and reminiscing about the incredible sequence of events last season plus interesting insights into the genesis and evolution of the wonderful “must have” Close Quarters, this is well worth a watch.

@Alan_Cecil posted a link on Twitter but I don’t know how to post it.

• @micra said:
    A lengthy webinar but with GA, Darius, Blooms, Jack Grimmer and Neil Harman himself all chipping in and reminiscing about the incredible sequence of events last season plus interesting insights into the genesis and evolution of the wonderful “must have” Close Quarters, this is well worth a watch.

@Alan_Cecil posted a link on Twitter but I don’t know how to post it.

This is the one! https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/play/9bTyNXfV23ZLZSG5nW4icNEhnVLZcPjBUP9bdjle8TUUVn5TFL1I7qorVi_zPVnX8hOSZ4riyDqNdL9G.k7ZwgVdLMR7MJO4o

• Many thanks yet again @chairboyscentral.
    So glad you’re back.

• Just this minute finished watching that. Totally brilliant, easy on the eye and even easier on the ears. A togetherness that is clearly unique, very enjoyable.

• Glad you enjoyed that @EwanHoosaami and pleased to see that promoting it (and moving it up the thread list) doubled the visit count. I’m sure a few others must have invested their time and not regretted it.

• Makes you beam with pride listening to that

• I like how Darius looks like his segment is being directed by Jonathan Glazer.

• And Blooms on a park bench.

• This was a great watch.

• Anyone running a book on who unleashed a large belch in the middle? I know where I want to lay my money.

• I’m much too PC to shop belchers.

• PC anybody?

• I can't get any sound. Any suggestions please?

• Try pressing the 15 seconds forward button. I think the sound starts at 51 seconds in. Good luck! ?

• @micra thank you but still no joy

• That’s a shame. Hope someone more IT literate than me can suggest something.

• @micra cracked it . Was using my phone earlier but am now on my computer and that works. Must work out why for future reference.Take care

• Good to hear. Don’t forget to listen out for the belch ! Reckon it could be the Pitch Publishing Guy !

• That was brilliant glad I persevered - what a special club we are all involved with and also special people. The belch - we need that person outing - I shall just say there was only one person eating during the recording - leave it there.

• Never mind the belch, did the host, whose surname I couldn't get, but sounded like "Sh!tpanic" say Neil HARRIS within the first 13seconds?!

• Unless he’s a Millwall fan I wouldn’t have thought he’d confuse one of his authors with the former Lions player and manager.

• @micra said:
    Unless he’s a Millwall fan I wouldn’t have thought he’d confuse one of his authors with the former Lions player and manager.

He somehow did just that though.

As for that belch - I'd presumed talk of "Loud" was usual football fan over exaggeration. But having heard it, that was utterly ridiculous.

• As someone who’s never “been able” to belch, I’d probably have been impressed if I’d heard it. Not envious though. I’m sorry to say the passing of the years does bring a compensating upward trend downwards.

• @micra said:
    As someone who’s never “been able” to belch, I’d probably have been impressed if I’d heard it. Not envious though. I’m sorry to say the passing of the years does bring a compensating upward trend downwards.

You should have met a guy I worked with.
    It was literally 4 or 5 belches every hour. Must have had a shocking digestive system.

He used to try a really pathetic little cough afterwards to try and cover it.

• If he’d coughed and belched simultaneously he’d probably have thrown up. A hat-trick of a sort.

• @micra said:
    If he’d coughed and belched simultaneously he’d probably have thrown up. A hat-trick of a sort.

It's farting and belching at the same time you have to watch.
    You explode.

• Gawd i forgot we still had Fred on the bench. Him or Samuel for Kashket would put the cat amongst the pigeons