Skip to content

Daryl Horgan - update

This may be bad news for the club for Saturday
We may be with out him for 2 weeks, as he may have to self isolate after both James McClean and
Matt Doherty tested positive yesterday for Covid 19.
Let's hope other team members are OK at Wycombe.

Comments

• I imagine the Ireland team have access to testing so I doubt it. Never know though.

• edited November 2020

The rest of the squad are fine and have flown to Dublin for the last game tomorrow. Someone in your camp testing positive doesn't mean everyone has to self-isolate - otherwise football would grind to a halt! Ireland has positive tests in the last international break and Horgs was straight back playing for us three days later.

• *had positive tests

• @chairboyscentral said:
    The rest of the squad are fine and have flown to Dublin for the last game tomorrow. Someone in your camp testing positive doesn't mean everyone has to self-isolate - otherwise football would grind to a halt! Ireland has positive tests in the last international break and Horgs was straight back playing for us three days later.

Isn't it weird how the Prime Minister is self isolating for two weeks after spending 35 mins with a Covid positive MP yet footballers carry on traveling the globe despite similar exposure to the virus.

I follow that football would grind to a halt if they followed the same rules we have to but why is it so different? Is it due to the testing regime or just another inconsistancy in a world full of them at the moment.

Personally I don't get international football continuing in a pandemic but I appreciate young footballers are less at risk than me. There does seem to be a growing list of stories of long term illness amongst sone elite athletes post Covid.

I hope Horgan is ok after his travels.

• Confirmation from FAI that rest of squad have tested negative ahead of tomorrow's game.
    Assume Daryl is all OK.

Apologies to any gasroomers if I caused a scare by posting this thread.

• Hope he’s ok for Saturday. He and Kashket have unfinished business!

• Literally unfinished.

• Boris has very publicly had the disease and has announced that he has antibodies. He could and should go back to work.

• Isn't he still working from the flat at No10?

• I think the PM is isolating because he's had a 'mare of a week and did not want people asking him difficult questions about it. (Cynical I know...)

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think the PM is isolating because he's had a 'mare of a week and did not want people asking him difficult questions about it. (Cynical I know...)

Can you tell me when he hasn't had a mare of a week @Wendoverman ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I think the PM is isolating because he's had a 'mare of a week and did not want people asking him difficult questions about it. (Cynical I know...)

Week ending 24th July 2019!

• @mooneyman said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Wendoverman said:

Week ending 24th July 2019!

Must have been away on holiday?

• Week before his coronation.

• Daryl Horgan’s coronation? Must have missed that one.

• Have only seen one or two half time highlights as the England performance was so entertaining but our man (!) did put in a superb cross from the right which Collins (? the Luton guy) should perhaps have converted.

• Horgan has been subbed off. Pleased he hasn't been overused. Seems to have had a good game, a quick scan on Twitter revealed a fair few Irish fans upset he was coming off, as he'd been playing well.