Skip to content

Alan Swann Peterborough ‘journalist’ - Again!!!

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    This clown is getting far too much airtime on here

Agreed, his basic point was that we somehow want Posh fans to love us and accept our promotion. I couldn't give a toss what they think. Ignore him and he'll go away. Or at least carry on moaning to his own "followers"

• Swann says that WWFC 'voted to end the season for others'. So I will ask again - is there evidence to support that statement? Does anybody actually know how each club voted? The EFL said that 'League One clubs have voted by an overwhelming majority to formally end the 2019/20 season'.

• If memory serves me correctly, 20 clubs voted to end the season on PPG.

• The Peterborough owner claimed that 18 clubs voted to end the season.

• The clubs who voted against were those who had an interest in trying to get in the playoffs or surviving. The headline could just as easily read 'Five L1 Clubs Try To Force Other Clubs Into Extinction By Voting To Play On'.

• The fact that Peterborough got elected into the Football league from the Midlands lge, not a league with the countries most prestigious non league clubs, but a league that half of its members were reserve sides of football league clubs. I'm sure Mr Swann enjoyed the votes of the old pals act in 1956 !!
    Maybe lady luck shined on a club in 2020 that had been a bastion for the Amateur game and every inch of its projection upwards had been gained on the field by winning matches and gaining promotions.

• This issue seems to be like one of those fires in a tyre yard. Burns for a bit then everyone think its out but its simmering underneath and liable to go off at any moment.
    I wonder by the posts this time how many Wycombe fans really think they gave to keep justifying our promotion to the bitter fans of other teams.
    We don't need to justify anything. We were top of League One for ages and when the keague stopped we deserved at least a spot in the playoffs. We won that with some style.
    Don't give ignorant trolks anything and don't feel guilty about our great achievement.

• Never mind “guilty”@Right_in_the_Middle. I think most of us feel inordinately proud. But that will be as nothing compared with the pride we’ll feel as we achieve the objective of survival.

• And no, I’ve not been drinking!

• @ChasHarps said:
    The fact that Peterborough got elected into the Football league from the Midlands lge, not a league with the countries most prestigious non league clubs, but a league that half of its members were reserve sides of football league clubs. I'm sure Mr Swann enjoyed the votes of the old pals act in 1956 !!
    Maybe lady luck shined on a club in 2020 that had been a bastion for the Amateur game and every inch of its projection upwards had been gained on the field by winning matches and gaining promotions.

Sorry they were elected into the Football league in 1960, just 24 years after they were formed. Hardly an outstanding candidate.

• I have concluded, by the lack of any confirmation on this board, that the vote cast by the WWFC representative is unknown. Mr. Swann is therefore wrong to assert that 'WWFC voted to end the season for others'.

• A tad Schrödinger's cat, Wycombe maybe did and didn't vote to end the season.......does that mean he's right and wrong at the same time?

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    A tad Schrödinger's cat, Wycombe maybe did and didn't vote to end the season.......does that mean he's right and wrong at the same time?

He cannot be both. He's either right or wrong. I've concluded (maybe incorrectly) that he does not know how WWFC voted. He's guessing IMHO. It's an assumption. He is therefore in the wrong to assert that 'WWFC voted to end the season for others'.

• Just worth reminding anyone who needs it that Oxford and Fleetwood peddled all of that gang of six nonsense about completing the season and then voted along with us to end it anyway, once they knew it would end with them in the playoffs. There was a wonderful karma to the fact we took all the stick for that vote and then beat them both in the playoffs.

• @LordMandeville said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    A tad Schrödinger's cat, Wycombe maybe did and didn't vote to end the season.......does that mean he's right and wrong at the same time?

He cannot be both. He's either right or wrong. I've concluded (maybe incorrectly) that he does not know how WWFC voted. He's guessing IMHO. It's an assumption. He is therefore in the wrong to assert that 'WWFC voted to end the season for others'.

Of all the things to pick Swann up on this seems to be the worst. Obviously we voted to end the season, but that was the right decision and not just because it put us (entirely deservedly) in the playoffs - demonstrated by the fact that all the ‘neutral’ clubs also voted that way.

• @LordMandeville did you miss the tongue in cheek Schrödinger's cat reference? Unless he knows for certain there is a possibility of both realities being true...? ??

• Maybe Alan needs to go in a box and we can play our own game of Schrödinger's Posh.?

• It's just a good job Oxford didn't win the play-off final - given the way they're playing imagine how badly they'd be stinking out the Championship now.

In fact, since the 'current form' argument was used against us so much, maybe they should simply have given Crewe a pass straight to the Championship, given recent results.

Just trying to use the same logic as our big time friends.

• This article just highlights how the "journalism" industry is these days. A reporter cannot sit on the fence if they want to be shared, liked and subscribed. If they are unnecessarily cruel to someone or something they are more likely to gain the attention / publicity they crave, even if they are wrong. I wish more people would see that and just ignore it.

Reading Bucks Free Press articles from the 90s reminds me how good it used to be.

• You'll be asking for well-researched nuance next.

• I do feel sorry for Mr Swann. This bile in him must be eating him up inside. It really can’t be good for his health. Let him vent in peace. Every sane person understands that he has lost the plot on this. So what if a few (and it will be just a few) impressionable and uninformed Peterborough fans take notice of his ramblings? Most will just pity him.

He probably just needs a hug, which with all this social distancing the poor man will not be able to get.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Just worth reminding anyone who needs it that Oxford and Fleetwood peddled all of that gang of six nonsense about completing the season and then voted along with us to end it anyway, once they knew it would end with them in the playoffs. There was a wonderful karma to the fact we took all the stick for that vote and then beat them both in the playoffs.

Great post!

• Though we were on a bit of a slump, I thought we were very well placed and had seen enough good performances over the season to be confident with the prize in sight and the team spirit we had, we would have made the play-offs at least. Then we would have beaten Fleetwood and Oxford in the play-offs! :wink:

• For sure - Fred had made a huge difference coming back, too.

• The irony of all the abuse we have got over PPG is that Gareth and the players were disappointed by the original verdict as they felt we had a genuine chance of automatic promotion.

• I didn't realise he had a long history of being an attention seeking prick.

http://modernwomeninsports.blogspot.com/2013/02/mysoginist-of-day-alan-swann.html

Good to see that the Peterborough Telegraph deleted the offending article though.

• I was talking to one of the Brentford media team yesterday and Swann’s name came up. Their guy told me that Swann is still harping on about Brentford not deserving promotion seven years ago because they had too many loan players! Seems like we’re destined to be on his radar for a long time yet.

• As previously posted. Paragraph I popped into the greengrocers today and got some sour grapes. Have you got the address to send them on to? Presumably just care of Peterborough FC

• Peterborough prat!

• He seems to be quite successful in getting his stories talked about. For some lesser journo's that's enough but if you think about it it's very easy to remedy. Ignore him.