Skip to content

Alan Swann Peterborough ‘journalist’ - Again!!!

Mr Swann is going on about us once more, and now taking personal shots at @glasshalffull. I’m not so technology advanced to be able to post his latest ramblings on here but hopefully someone can?

The bloke has got such a massive chip on his shoulder about all things Wycombe they always seem to surface after a poor result for Peterborough.Strange that!!!

Comments

• All rather unedifying.

Shame that we've sunk to their level rather than rising above it and mocking them as they so richly deserve

• From a Wycombe point of view it is best to just ignore it.

• edited November 2020

LOL what a prick.

• Unlike Mr Parry not to get his facts right!!

• Aside from 5 promotions what have they done though?
    Swann is an uber twat though.
    Surprised the rag he writes for haven't clamped down on such pathetic nonsense.

• Judging by the amount of spelling, grammar and formatting errors that get through subbing, I'm not sure they're that bothered about standards.

• So, while we, as a Championship club, had an international break this weekend and were able to watch one of our stars shining at Wembley, Peterborough were losing to [checks notes] Crewe. No wonder Alan is in such a tizzy.

• @eric_plant said:
    All rather unedifying.

Shame that we've sunk to their level rather than rising above it and mocking them as they so richly deserve

You say it’s a shame that we’ve ‘sunk to their level’ but in the same sentence say we should be ‘rising above it and mocking them as they so richly deserve.’ You can’t have it both ways.
    I wrote a response to Swann’s original column because I he had twisted the true facts behind our promotion, and I make no apologies for that.
    In his latest diatribe, Swann says I was unaware of their promotion seasons, but as he has set such a high bar for giving credit where it was due, I referred only to their last ‘major achievement’ being the old 4th Division title.
    His personal dig at me is irrelevant, except for calling me a ‘former TV commentator’ (I have already commentated on a dozen games this season).

• Writing guff for the Peterborough Telegraph, or being a famous football commentator. Hmm, I think the lad Swann loses this one just about.

Scrolling a couple of posts down his twitter, he's retweeted a story by Kelvin MacKenzie for goodness sake.
    Now, we only know very little about Mr Swann, but he's not coming across in a very good light here is he.

• edited November 2020

Wait until you get to the RTs on the US election

• @chairboyscentral said:

Haha, I should have known you'd be guts deep down his trail :)

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

He has been waging his salty war since at least June, probably before!

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

He has been waging his salty war since at least June, probably before!

The sweetness of us staying up, and them not going up would be a superb sight to witness.

• Incidentally, I should point out that I have no problem with Peterborough United as a club, and any slight on their previous accomplishments was unintended.
    My words were directed at Mr.Swann, whose obsession with Wycombe is rather disturbing.

• @glasshalffull

I’d leave him to it fella. There’s nothing to gain from prolonging his nonsense.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    @glasshalffull

I’d leave him to it fella. There’s nothing to gain from prolonging his nonsense.

Yep, save it for when we've proven him wrong.

• edited November 2020

I hope we get them in the Cup and give him an obstructed view seat in press (we'd have to put something in the way, but I'm sure that could be arranged).

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    @glasshalffull

I agree, a dignified silence is the best way to respond now that I’ve made my initial point.

• Is the League 1 vote for completing the 2019/20 season in the public domain? I haven't seen anywhere a list of how each club voted. Do we know how WWFC voted? Mr. Swann believes WWFC voted for 'average points per game'. Is he correct or is he guessing?

• I think we did, as wasn't this one of only 2 options on the table? The other being to continue BCD?

The PPG method was used throughout the UK leagues and Europe. What Peterborough wanted was a bespoke solution that could see them sneak into the play offs. They were unfortunate of course, but how unfortunate would we have been to have missed out to a solution tailored to the needs of Peterborough.

• We earned the right to be in the playoffs and we earned the right to win them, end of story.

• The thing is, the only difference in points per game and weighted points per game would have seen Peterborough replace Portsmouth. It is so strange how we are the lightning rod for this issue, though I am sure it is down to 8th to 3rd being seen as an Evil Kneivel jump over 5 buses, rather than the reality of stepping over a small puddle of one point.

The narrative with a lot of fans is "Wycombe refused to carry on, but could suddenly afford to play in the playoffs." The reality is we did not refuse anything - carrying on was never voted in favour of, so there was nothing to refuse. We voted in our own best interests along with 22 other clubs.

Something about it adds to the romance - surely no club will ever gain promotion after being in 8th (though obviously we rose to third). I just wish more people were aware that we only dropped out of the top four twice all season - one brief dip to 5th early on, and then from 4th to 8th after we sat out the final round. There is simply not a more deserving club.

• Can we all just agree that Alan needs to grow up?

• That's another reason I love the 4-1 over Fleetwood, though - all the initial fuss over our worthiness, and then we absolutely destroy the "form team" away from home.

• @Shev said:
    The thing is, the only difference in points per game and weighted points per game would have seen Peterborough replace Portsmouth. It is so strange how we are the lightning rod for this issue, though I am sure it is down to 8th to 3rd being seen as an Evil Kneivel jump over 5 buses, rather than the reality of stepping over a small puddle of one point.

The narrative with a lot of fans is "Wycombe refused to carry on, but could suddenly afford to play in the playoffs." The reality is we did not refuse anything - carrying on was never voted in favour of, so there was nothing to refuse. We voted in our own best interests along with 22 other clubs.

Something about it adds to the romance - surely no club will ever gain promotion after being in 8th (though obviously we rose to third). I just wish more people were aware that we only dropped out of the top four twice all season - one brief dip to 5th early on, and then from 4th to 8th after we sat out the final round. There is simply not a more deserving club.

Shev, you have absolutely nailed it with this post. I would like to hear Swann’s response to this.

• We seemed to take all the heat, with an infuriating refusal to understand we dropped out of the playoffs once, due to not having a fixture!
    Meanwhile Rotherham, whose position in 2nd that even their most optimistic fan would admit was hanging by a thread, where rewarded with a straight auto promotion!

We at least earnt our promotion in the playoffs. We weren't awarded it. That's a small but significant detail some of these moaners forget.
    Swann tried to water down the playoff process by describing it as a "short" tournament..

• We should have voted against the proposal just to shut these pillocks up.

It still would have gone through by a huge margin.

• This clown is getting far too much airtime on here