Skip to content

IFollow issues.

Comments

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Twizz said:
    I should update by saying - it was piss poor operator error!

It's an away game of course I have to buy a pass.
    ?

Hangs his head in shame and shuffles slowing into the background ......

@Twizz No need to hang anything, considering you get free passes for midweek away games. I had to almost think twice about whether we needed to pay today. No need for @StrongestTeam 's sarky comments either today, no help to anyone.

Ha, I might have been over the top but so is that. I have been happy to help people having tech issues all season but when people are having a go at the club for things that aren't they're fault the odd bit of sark is going to happen. Apologies to anyone offended.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@NewburyWanderer said:

@Twizz said:
    I should update by saying - it was piss poor operator error!

It's an away game of course I have to buy a pass.
    ?

Hangs his head in shame and shuffles slowing into the background ......

@Twizz No need to hang anything, considering you get free passes for midweek away games. I had to almost think twice about whether we needed to pay today. No need for @StrongestTeam 's sarky comments either today, no help to anyone.

Ha, I might have been over the top but so is that. I have been happy to help people having tech issues all season but when people are having a go at the club for things that aren't they're fault the odd bit of sark is going to happen. Apologies to anyone offended.

Anyone still asking about home/away commentary after the international break needs some of your sass I think :)

• Managed to get it working for the 2nd half. Very irritating though

• Brilliant 1080p no lag, no jitters, no tin - well done iFollow

• So now I've regained my composure...

It worked for about 20 minutes, then up popped a "You don't have permission to view this content" window and that was it. Blank screen, nothing.
    I immediately started a 'chat', but I may as well not have bothered:-

I had to wait until 3:55pm - during which time I'd tried the app plus different browsers etc - for an initial response, only to be given the delete the cache and try again reply. Didn't work.
    Then told to try Firefox. Didn't work.
    Then told to try Chrome incognito. Didn't work.
    Then asked if I'd tried different devices. My response wasn't very polite.
    Then I asked for a refund. "Sorry we can't give billing assistance on this channel", came the reply. Email [email protected].

Each time, you log in on a new browser/device you have to initiate a new chat and wait for a response, so by 4:30pm I'd given up all desire to watch any longer ...

I just hope their refund policy is better.

• I guess I jinxed it saying I had no issues. As an international subscriber I pay for all games at the start of the season as a package and usually just log on and watch. Today, on my mobile app, I watched 10 seconds before getting a pop up saying Please check your subscription to continue watching. Whatever that means. Tried my laptop, didn’t have a watch option, just a listen option. Tried to purchase a single match pass but couldn’t because “you already have access to this game”. How infuriating. Live chat ran me through the usual browser options, clear cache and cookies, all of which I’d tried. They then told me to restart as half time approaches which obviously didn’t work, then they directed me to email... sigh

• @JohnBoy where do you live? The game wasn’t available on iFollow in several places today because it was televised.

• @floyd said:
    @JohnBoy where do you live? The game wasn’t available on iFollow in several places today because it was televised.

In Gibraltar - we weren’t on the list that Wycombe tweeted out, so I didn’t think it would be an issue.

• @JohnBoy said:

@floyd said:
    @JohnBoy where do you live? The game wasn’t available on iFollow in several places today because it was televised.

In Gibraltar - we weren’t on the list that Wycombe tweeted out, so I didn’t think it would be an issue.

I’m sure you’re right, sounds like an iFollow issue.

• Managed to get it on the phone (Android Samsung) after 35 mins but no luck with laptop until second half when it came on in a new browser (Edge) and after a restart refresh and clear-out. Happy for the club to get some revenue from this so I won't bother trying for a partial refund.

• @JohnBoy said:

@floyd said:

Ah, have you thought that you might be on the UK 14 day quarantine list? ? ? Ha, all these techys hadn't thought of that one!!!!

• Latest iFollow gripe. I have the app - the one with EFL in red plus a black dotted football against a white background. I was given a temporary password after endless logging on problems a week or so ago and I used it successfully yesterday (when the penny dropped that I actually had to pay £10 for a Saturday 3pm game!!) but the email from EFL had told me to change the temporary password so, this morning, I went into the app . I first thought I’d have a look at a bit of yesterday’s game. All I could get was Kylie Minogue (sound only) on some Nottingham radio station. Next, I tapped the three (?) horizontal lines top left. This brings up a list of topics in black capitals. I tapped “ACCOUNT” - one that I thought might lead to an opportunity to update my password but it told me that to manage my account I would have to go to my iFollow site!! I could do with an international break.

If anyone can advise me in plain English without resorting to Google caches or cookies I will give them a great big hug on 3 December.

• @micra I believe you have to go to the iFollow site on a laptop/desktop to change the password and it can’t be done through the app.

• It is bizarre that they make it so you need to use the desktop site rather than the app to change your password.
    It is possible to do that on a phone/tablet (if that's your only option).

Following this link
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/ifollow/

and then on the browser setting select the desktop site (on android, Chrome browser, three dots at top right select "Desktop Site" from the drop down list).

Once on the desktop site you can manage the account settings such as password.

• Many thanks @JohnBoy & @Twizz. Have just returned to the Gasroom for my usual midnight (plus) catchup. Will have a go on the ancient laptop in the morning. Nice and quiet on here tonight so think I’ll make this my last post.
    Night all.

• Thanks for posting @AlanCecil, it's good to see the club making every effort to ensure STHs know what they need to do to get access to the matches via iFollow.

It's just a shame that the iFollow service itself (which, I acknowledge, the club has no control over), is so flakey and prone to random failures.
    Unfortunately, in my experience, the chat agents are simply reading from a script and have no real clue why any given individual can't access the service at any given moment. Or maybe they are simply bots? Actually I suspect not because it took 35 minutes for an initial response on Saturday.
    Anyway you'd think, given you have to provide email @ club details to start the chat, that they might at least be able to see if it's an issue with the feed or the client device or payment.
    However, the very fact that they always suggest clearing cache & cookies, followed by switching browser then try incognito mode and then try the app tells me the response is scripted. Maybe it has to be that way?
    Even when you start by telling them you have already tried all those things the response is still "Sometimes it works on incognito mode from Chrome and if it cannot be try to use your mobile device" - I have a screen grab to prove this!
    When that fails they just respond with email [email protected], there's no further attempt to resolve the issue.
    It's also worth me saying that I found each time I changed browser and it again failed, then when I started a new chat it was directed to a new agent so I had to start the process again.

Rant over ...

• The thing that is so frustrating is how primitive the whole system is. You can stream YouTube, amazon etc on a firestick easily enough onto a tv, but when you use the browser to play iFollow it can’t handle the stream. Surely they just need a better IT contractor to sort the service out. I suppose the motivation wasn’t there until now.

• It's not the tech at your end @WildWestFC, it's the infrastructure at the other end. Having to take in 70 odd simultaneous video feeds, transcode and then have the bandwidth to deliver to a few million individuals is quite a task. I still would have thought they'd have been able to scale it enough by now though.

• At my wits end with iFollow. After issues for the Forest game and live chat running me through all the troubleshooting they directed me to email.

I emailed explaining I’d done all the troubleshooting and was asked to email. They replied 48 hours later repeating the exact same troubleshooting suggestions (browser, cache/cookies, a restart). Bearing in mind this happened on multiple devices, I knew it was an issue their end.

I explained this and asked for confirmation my account was ok for future games and a pro rata refund. They just replied and said thanks for getting in touch, your subscription has been cancelled as requested. I did not request this.

I replied as such and they said I “clearly did” ask to cancel. if I want to be subscribed I should go and pay for a subscription. Absurd “customer service”.

• I emailed them on Monday and received a refund (for Forest game) yesterday surprisingly.

• Just out of interest do you think iFollow have any idea who has issues on any given match? Can they see who's had the spinning wheel for ages or has watched the match uninterrupted.

I suppose I am asking if anyone could apply for a refund, regardless of events.

Also does that refund come off the club take?

• @drcongo said:
    It's not the tech at your end @WildWestFC, it's the infrastructure at the other end. Having to take in 70 odd simultaneous video feeds, transcode and then have the bandwidth to deliver to a few million individuals is quite a task. I still would have thought they'd have been able to scale it enough by now though.

But they can (usually) stream it ok to a PC, what is the difference?

Does anyone know when the iFollow agreement with EFL expires? If ever?

• @Right_in_the_Middle I reckon they don't have an idea. They must have thousands of these across the leagues.

• I sent ifollow a rather restrained e-mail Saturday evening after missing half the game with the magic white wheel, I had had issues with a couple of other games. Today £10 back in my account.

• My current very frustrating problem is that when I access iFollow via the app I get all the stills under the News heading (eg the 4-1 win against Bournemouth Boys) but cannot get into the actual videos.

• For the first time ever, I had issues to half time when following a cache clear-out, cleanup and restart to a different browser. I didn't want to ask for refunds as I got some of the first half on the phone (easily!) and I wanted the club to receive as much revenue as possible. Only saying this as fact not because I want plaudits as I'm lucky to be able to afford it. The basic fact is that the iFollow system is clearly critically flawed and requires an urgent fix!

• Perhaps I need to learn what a cache is (not my collection of saucy stuff I assume) and how to clear out and clean up, a suggestion I vaguely remember mrs micra making in the distant past.

• Believe me @micra, I wasn't comfortable pressing the buttons I did......and the result was shocking! I'm ex Air Traffic Control staff (retired) and I feel comfortable in bandying acronyms and terms around to fool the 'public' into thinking we know what we're talking about.???

• Nice of you to put me in the middle @ValleyWanderer ! ✈️?‍♂️?