Skip to content

Gmac

Gareth M will be a great signing for you, one of my favorite players who I thought should have been given another year with us but finances probably dictated his leaving.
Good luck this season.

Comments

• Thanks @Royals1871 he looked lively when he came on on Saturday. Good luck to you too.

• Jordan Obita would be good for you I think, over his injuries and capable of scoring a few from Left Back. I don't think he's got a club yet.

• Just signed for Oxford

• Don't think finances had anything to do with it @Royals1871. I suspect your wage budget is many times ours. Your Club's budget was £40m in 18/19 whereas our current figure is well below £10m.

• Our wage budget was way too high hence finances had everything to do with it!

• His assist for the fourth goal in the practice match v Bournemouth u21s - arousingly good...

• @mooneyman said:
    Don't think finances had anything to do with it @Royals1871. I suspect your wage budget is many times ours. Your Club's budget was £40m in 18/19 whereas our current figure is well below £10m.

I can’t imagine our wage budget for this season will exceed 4 million

• Arousingly good @LeedsBlue ?

Two arousingly good goals I can think of were GA putting it in the net with his hand away at Clu and then Also away at the Clu, this time Layer Road when it was kicking off and the ball went in off Guppy's (?) arse from an attempted clearance from their keeper.

• Still can't believe he pulled it off

• Parp parp!!!

• Whatever turns you on.

• Sure I spotted a tug just before in went in...

• Reminds me of th joke about a new signing to a big club, all excited when learning of his first start, the manager wanted to temper his enthusiasm by telling him he would have to pull him off at half time. "Wow" says the new signing "we Only got oranges at my last club!"

...sorry couldn't resist and its lockdown.....

• Parp parp !!!

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Reminds me of th joke about a new signing to a big club, all excited when learning of his first start, the manager wanted to temper his enthusiasm by telling him he would have to pull him off at half time. "Wow" says the new signing "we Only got oranges at my last club!"

Supposedly that's the joke that ended Rodney Marsh's brief England career.

• edited November 2020

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Reminds me of th joke about a new signing to a big club, all excited when learning of his first start, the manager wanted to temper his enthusiasm by telling him he would have to pull him off at half time. "Wow" says the new signing "we Only got oranges at my last club!"

A similar phrase was used on the news last night for some lock down breaking hoodlums being accosted by some police.

I was a little taken back, then thought, grow up son :)

• One man’s parp parp.....!!

• I remember hearing that joke about Marsh or Gerry Francis being given a forewarning about what would happen if they didn't put in sufficient effort in the first half by whoever was the then England manager.