Skip to content

John Reardon RIP

Just seen on the ex-players Facebook page that John Reardon has died. The only man to have served the club as a player ,manager , assistant manager (to both Brian Lee and Martin O ‘Neill ) and Secretary as well performing dozens of other duties over 60 plus years. He also took Chesham to a Wembley Amateur Cup final as Manager. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Comments

• John was a real football man. He had a fantastic passion for the game & liked nothing better in later years than a post-match discussion about the game in the Woodlands Lounge afterwards. He will be missed by all who knew him.

• RIP John, one of the clubs Legendary staff members who was always approachable, such sad news.

• Very sad news, he had great knowledge of the game and always had time to talk to you. He was especially proud of taking Chesham to Wembley, an incredible achievement.

• Sad news. I never saw him play - before my time - but remember him being a part of the club under St. Martin - a Wycombe-to-the-bone fella. RIP

• Sad news. He was very unfortunate to be sacked as manager after one season for 'only' finishing 3rd in the Isthmian League, at a time when the club's reputation as giants of that league was beginning to slip a little. As already mentioned, made a great comeback as assistant to Martin during the glory days. RIP.

• A superb CV. I did not know him, I wish I had.

• Lovely man and instrumental in so much of Wycombe's success over different era's.
    Real football man.

• I always remember when he took over after Jim Kelman left and before Martin O'Neill arrived. This is just after we had lost to Met Police, and he managed to get the team to win 3-0.

• Well before my time in the area but what a club CV!

• You just need to looks back at all of the old end of season videos of the Martin O'Neill era to see what a big part of the club he was.

Really sad news, and my thoughts and condolences are with John's family and friends

• Very sad news, RIP John

• Sad new indeed, RIP John.

• A real footballing family as well. John‘s brother Terry Reardon played for Wycombe during their historic FA Cup run to the third round in 74/75.

• Sad loss of a true WWFC legend. RIP John.