Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

12346»

Comments

• Where was Charles today? Looking on his instagtam, it appears he wasnt even watching the game

• @Forest_Blue said (inter alia):

Wycombe are growing into this division. Horgan, Fred, Thompson excellent today. Kashket and Wheeler a little lost in that formation (but excellent in other games this season). McCleary is an out and out winger and should start the next game, would like to see more of him but who do you drop out? The team is getting better and better and maybe just maybe we can stay in this division. Need to be better than three other teams. Derby, Coventry and Rotherham maybe?

Going forward, the team and style (much more slick and above all productive passing) is improving steadily. I feel that yesterday was a blip, resulting as much as anything from the absence of a big match-fit target man. Mention has been made elsewhere that Wheeler performed ok in that role against Norwich. My mind is blank on that. I’d want him back providing cover for JJ whose near suicidal crossfield pass to nobody early in the game yesterday had me turning the air blue.

With both Dennis and Bayo now getting a couple of weeks of rest and recuperation and Gape “close” to a return, we should be in a position to resume the upward trajectory when Brentford visit on 21 November. My feelings after yesterday’s game were surprisingly glum. I put that down to the fact that I had been expecting (unreasonably perhaps) that we would at least get a draw (and indeed I think on the balance of play Forest could not have complained too much if we had). But, more than that, I think it was the sense (ridiculous really) that because of our dreadful start to the season we already need to make up for lost time.

In terms of which other clubs are likely to be in the relegation battle, I agree with your choice above but would not be surprised if Preston and Birmingham were also in the mix. Time will tell (he said, stating the bleeding obvious).

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Not all Watford goalkeeping performances are equal

Rocky would have been glued to his line and thus never let that goal in!

• @micra Absolutely spot on!

• Wednesday, Coventry, Rotherham and QPR seem the ones we're most likely to be in a battle with. Derby will probably change manager once the takeover goes through, so let's see what that brings. Still early to be making bold predictions though - always a chance someone absolutely goes off a cliff like Hull last season.

• I would add Birmingham to the mix.

• Oh yeah, missed them out

• Your third para sums up my feelings exactly @micra.

• edited November 2020

@thecatwwfc said:
    Where was Charles today? Looking on his instagtam, it appears he wasnt even watching the game

Players don't always travel with the squad when they're left out - in fact, they probably rarely do for away games.

• Just thinking about Mehmeti - when was the last time a player that young (apart from loanees) played a league game for us?

• Ingram, Scowen, Ibe ...... my guesses (I know that’s who, not when - just throwing stuff out there and too lazy to look anything up)

• Yeah, I thought it might be Ingram - it's been a long time anyway!

• Kortney Hause?

• Ooh good shout

• edited November 2020

Junior Morias?

• How old was Matt McClure when he broke through?

• Sorry to interrupt this thread as I don’t know how to start a new one. However, I thought people would want to know that Wycombe legend John Reardon, former player, manager and club secretary, has sadly passed away at the age of 87. A lovely man.

• Thread now created (about an hour ago) @glasshalffull.

• @micra said:
    Thread now created (about an hour ago) @glasshalffull.

I know how to start a new thread but I’ve always marvelled at those who know how to highlight other users they want to reference. They fact that you Micra ( see I can’t do it!) know how makes me feel even more of a flat earther. Help needed....

• @perfidious_albion said:

@micra said:
    Thread now created (about an hour ago) @glasshalffull.

I know how to start a new thread but I’ve always marvelled at those who know how to highlight other users they want to reference. They fact that you Micra ( see I can’t do it!) know how makes me feel even more of a flat earther. Help needed....

You just type a @ and the first letter or two of their user name and it gives you their name to "tag" them in.

• You’ll get that feeling now @perfidious_albion that you had when you realised that your dad no longer had his hand on the saddle of your newly acquired two wheeled bike!

• @Malone said:

You just type a @ and the first letter or two of their user name and it gives you their name to "tag" them in.

@Malone has this worked?

• Yes! Many thanks. Great to join the 21st century!