Skip to content

IFollow issues.

Comments

• Wife sorted the commentary issues at half time. Clicked on to audio option, then got the "away" option to choose. Clicked on that, then back to match live & bingo.

• Initially at 7:30 all I could get on my laptop was the "whirling wheel of death". Logged out and then switched to the EFL app on a tablet and all was working fine.
    Logged out on the tablet and back in again on the laptop and bingo it was working!
    Still time to sort out the HDMI connection to the TV & get a beer before kick-off.

It's the ramdom nature of what works and what doesn't that is so frustrating. I'm lucky in that I have both laptop and tablet as options to tryI'd hate to have to watch on a tiny iPhone screen like @micra.

• Was fine until 72 mins then buffer wheel of hell took over. Was still random clicking stuff when a "Get in!" Came through on what's app. Caught up at 80 mins in time for the second goal. Class. Then went back and watched the first goal. Class. What a performance! Come on you blues!!!!

• Just out of interest, never had problems, I always log on about an hour before ok when teams are announced, last night was late getting home, logged on at 7.40, only got sound no picture for about 15 mins.

• I've watched all matches this season on my iPad, never had any problems watching the game, apart from that first game when commentary was 3 or 4 seconds behind the action then disappeared for the last 5 or 10 minutes

• From having issues now having none for last 2 games. Hope those who are having difficulties find a solution - it's a great ride we're on.

• @adamspark said:
    I use Virgin too, so doubt the ISP is at fault. Video started working in the second half, but no commentary, exactly the same as last week.

Click the cog.

• I watch the ifollow games on the app on a mini iPad and it's always worked well.

Appreciate that's no good for people who don't have an iPad (or similar) or want to set it up to watch it on a bigger screen

• I’m honestly surprised at the amount of issues. Being an international fan, I’ve used the service for the last 2 seasons, and never had any problems across 3 different laptops, an iPhone and an iPad. I always use chrome on the laptops or the official app for mobile devices.

• @drcongo said:

@adamspark said:
    I use Virgin too, so doubt the ISP is at fault. Video started working in the second half, but no commentary, exactly the same as last week.

Click the cog.

It's a weird one that. I have the cog on my desktop Apple machine. We prefer to watch the match on big screen using HDMI cable connected to her Mac book laptop. We use Safari as the preferred internet browser, yet when we open it up, no cog????

• @EwanHoosaami same here. No cog on the MacBook using Safari (it was definitely there for the Blackburn match), so I’ve used Chrome where it appears (apart from one game where Chrome was just buffering and Safari was fine).

Luckily we were at home so it defaulted to 3CR.

• @JohnBoy said:
    I’m honestly surprised at the amount of issues. Being an international fan, I’ve used the service for the last 2 seasons, and never had any problems across 3 different laptops, an iPhone and an iPad. I always use chrome on the laptops or the official app for mobile devices.

Same here. The only issues I’ve ever had have been commentary disappearing a couple of times this season, at the end of the Rotherham game and last nights second half.

• Laptop has always been perfect so far...only trouble I have had has been on me phone but I think I can blame the mercurial nature of Chiltern Railways wifi for that!

• Best ever iFollow experience for me last night and delighted to see 1080p mode rather than the usual 720p. No spinners, jitters or tinny commentary whatsoever. My ISP is Virgin Media.

• @arnos_grove said:
    @EwanHoosaami same here. No cog on the MacBook using Safari (it was definitely there for the Blackburn match), so I’ve used Chrome where it appears (apart from one game where Chrome was just buffering and Safari was fine).

Luckily we were at home so it defaulted to 3CR.

Sadly, (my wife used to be a programmer), refuses to download chrome. Don't know why, but suffice to say after 30 years of marriage, I know when a battle isn't worth the fight.
    What she does do is switch to audio commentary, then she finds the option to use home or away, clicks on the appropriate one & then switches back to live. It seems to work anyway, if that helps?

• edited November 2020

@EwanHoosaami I still am a programmer and I won't have Chrome on my Mac either - it's pretty close to being spyware these days.

There are a couple of forks of Chrome which have Google's spying removed / bypassed - Vivaldi and Brave - but Safari is easily the most resource and privacy friendly browser on Macs by a long way.

• @drcongo any thoughts on why that cog doesn’t appear on my MacBook Safari? It’s about 7 years old now but still runs the latest OS. I’m not keen on google product either but even less keen on opposition commentary.

I’m still pissed off that they took airplay off the mobile app. That worked wonderfully with Apple TV.

• I've not watched on Safari in a long time (iPad every week here) so no, no idea I'm afraid.

• @drcongo said:
    Click the cog.

Did that, believe me I tried everything that's been suggested. I can't help wondering though if away games are more problematical than home games?

• @drcongo said:
    @EwanHoosaami I still am a programmer and I won't have Chrome on my Mac either - it's pretty close to being spyware these days.

There are a couple of forks of Chrome which have Google's spying removed / bypassed - Vivaldi and Brave - but Safari is easily the most resource and privacy friendly browser on Macs by a long way.

I knew there would be a reason, but hadn't bothered to ask in depth, in case I got an in-depth answer. Then so far out of my depth she may as well be speaking in Swahili to a martian, in which case I would get the horrible cold atmosphere or the standard, "you're not listening to me are you?"
    Like I've said before, pick your battles well, some aren't worth the consequences of victory!

• Anyone on yet?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Anyone on yet?

Yes live pictures running in the background

• Just the spinning wheel on the black screen so far for me

• @Glenactico said:
    Just the spinning wheel on the black screen so far for me

Been stated elsewhere "Try a different browser, clearing cache or incognito mode."

• @AlanCecil Spinning circle for me. Everything was great for the Birmingham match. Thought these problems were all sorted. Have emailed the club, but my emails now match, so I'm not sure they can offer much help. Will keep trying!

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @AlanCecil Spinning circle for me. Everything was great for the Birmingham match. Thought these problems were all sorted. Have emailed the club, but my emails now match, so I'm not sure they can offer much help. Will keep trying!

The club don't run ifollow

• @StrongestTeam I know that!! Ben at the club was very helpful to me for the Watford game. Do you seriously expect iFollow support to sort anything out in time?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @StrongestTeam I know that!! Ben at the club was very helpful to me for the Watford game. Do you seriously expect iFollow support to sort anything out in time?

See the other comments, the spinning wheel is usually something on your laptop rather than system wide, but there is a chat box on ifollow where they have been known to answer the odd question and help.

• All OK now thanks.

• Let's crank the game up...fingers crossed!