Skip to content

Birmingham game not on Sky Sports

Turns out only games originally scheduled for midweek (had the season started at the normal time) are on the red button.

Comments

• wonder why they have done this ? bit of a piss take . Happy to pay for ifollow on Saturday but not during the week when it should be on red button...they love fleecing rhe fans

• I don't think it's a change, I just don't think it was very well publicised before.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    wonder why they have done this ? bit of a piss take . Happy to pay for ifollow on Saturday but not during the week when it should be on red button...they love fleecing rhe fans

Thought it was free for midweek away games?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    wonder why they have done this ? bit of a piss take . Happy to pay for ifollow on Saturday but not during the week when it should be on red button...they love fleecing rhe fans

Thought it was free for midweek away games?

It is. For season ticket holders.
    But anyone who isn't one but who has sky probably presumed itd be on the red button as per other midweek champ games.

• Ah, ok. I am in reverse, prefer to buy a season ticket with WWFC than subscribe to sky. So, as with luck, good or bad, it evens itself out over the season?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Ah, ok. I am in reverse, prefer to buy a season ticket with WWFC than subscribe to sky. So, as with luck, good or bad, it evens itself out over the season?

It's not really luck if it's part of the deal.

Well deserved for those who handed over their £ at the start of the season with limited chance of ever getting most of what they paid for.

• I paid up my ST to eat crisps, drink beer and watch Home games...all of which I have been able to do...getting the midweek away games is a bonus! :smile:

• edited November 2020

Trying to find a list of games which would have been midweek in a normal season (and therefore on Sky), but I'm not sure how to tell

• Really absurd of Sky to come to that decision isn’t it?

• It isn't a decision that Sky have come to unilaterally. It's part of the agreement with the EFL.

No Championship midweek matches will be shown via the red button service this week.

Tuesday and Wednesday evening league games so far this season have been shown via the red button but the broadcast deal was drawn up long before the unique schedule thrown up by 2020/21.

Sky Sports have the right to cover the eight "regularly scheduled" rounds with the red button, the number of mid-week matches that would normally on the calendar in the Championship.

Sky Sports can only show rescheduled, displaced midweek games or games taking place away from Saturday at 3pm that aren't part of a regular midweek round on the red button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.

• My brain is an unsightly mass of soft cells at the best of times @Twizz so I’m struggling to take in what you just said. Thank goodness for iFollow. Never thought I’d say that! Hope I’m not tempting providence.

• @Twizz said:
    Sky Sports can only show rescheduled, displaced midweek games or games taking place away from Saturday at 3pm that aren't part of a regular midweek round on the red button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.

I read this last night and I still don't get it... surely the clubs are streaming them on their iFollow app?

• @micra @YorkExile I just did a cut and paste. Feel free to add your own commas if it helps.

Bottom line is that tomorrow's game is not in Sky Red Button.

• The big question, with so many fans having become used to watching ever game live on some channel or other, is what happens when/if games are fully open to attend again.

Will I follow go back to just foreign fans? Bar occasional midweeks.