Skip to content

Why Wycombe can stay up

Comments

• edited November 2020

One for @micra here

"For somebody who is only 5’10”, Stewart is surprisingly efficient in the air and can pose a threat in the opposition’s box as well as his own"

Surely without any doubt at all he's over 6ft?
    Whatever the notoriously wrong wiki reckons. (eg Jombati being 6ft 4 on there!)

• Club site has him down as 5'10"

• Yep, but surely wrong there too.
    There's no way he's 5ft 10. I'm 6ft 1 and I'm pretty sure he's not significantly shorter than me.

• I think player heights can be deceptive cause you're not usually that near them. I didn't realise how (relatively) short Bayo was until briefly meeting him.

• Hang about, apparently FIFA has him down as 6ft - and that should be right as they use proper profiles and data and whatever. Weird that it's wrong on the club site though.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Hang about, apparently FIFA has him down as 6ft - and that should be right as they use proper profiles and data and whatever. Weird that it's wrong on the club site though.

Maybe he was 5' 10" when he signed the first time

• He might have been 5ft 10 at 15, but it's unlikely he's grown after 21!

Bayo is clearly sub 6ft, he just wins the balls a tall player would win!

Sometimes more muscular types can appear taller than they actually are, but Stewart is 100% over 6ft.

Hang about, apparently FIFA has him down as 6ft - and that should be right as they use proper profiles and data and whatever. Weird that it's wrong on the club site though.

Enter Antony Stewart height into google and it says 183cm too (6ft dead). Still seems short to me, but at least is in the realms of realistic.

• Don't think Stewart is over 6 ft having stood next to him a fair few times, 5"11 seems about right

• Where’s @micra when you need him?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Where’s @micra when you need him?

Exactly. He'll have asked each player themselves.

• @Malone said:
    Enter Antony Stewart height into google and it says 183cm too (6ft dead).

Perhaps he's 5.10 alive!

• According to FIFA he is 6'0 which I think is accurate

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Where’s @micra when you need him?

Having his afternoon nap?

• I hope someone in the squad is 5 ft 8.5 inches. Why? Because this comes out to 1.74 meters.

• edited November 2020

Blooms and Pattison are half an inch below, Kashket half an inch above

• And that also sounds wrong

• Lolz. Someone had to take it to that level.

I've always been amazed Europeans are so able to judge someone's height to 1cm!

• edited November 2020

Speaking of player heights, Brighton currently have 5'5" Tariq Lamptey and 6'8" Dan Burn on either side of their defence.

Speaking of player heights, Brighton currently have 5'5" Tariq Lamptey and 6'8" Dan Burn on either side of their defence.

It's good but it's not

• Those two are actually an inch closer in height than Lamptey and Burn!

• Burns actually only 6'7", so I guess it's the same?

• Btw that's a really good read for once, while you're going to get limited praise for getting beaten every week that only told a small percentage of the story

• edited November 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    Burns actually only 6'7", so I guess it's the same?

We need to send @micra out to a few places with his tape measure.

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I thought @micra was only 5'2" so how could he carry out the mission?

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Wiki has him as 5ft 1 in fairness.

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Wiki has him as 5ft 1 in fairness.

Small but wiry and tough in the tackle I understand...

• @Malone said:
    He might have been 5ft 10 at 15, but it's unlikely he's grown after 21!

Sometimes more muscular types can appear taller than they actually are, but Stewart is 100% over 6ft.

Oooooh yawn. Thought I heard someone calling. Yes, my kinda thread this. I think I started the kneeling thread but it got out of control. Well it lost me anyway.
    Are you really claiming my mate Anthony is 12’ tall @Malone ? He must be feeling that way with all the well deserved adulation. He’s a few inches taller than me (5’9” you cheeky sod!) at 6’ or just over. How much over depends on his hair style.
    Sido had a 4” mop when Wiki came to check him out. To be fair, whenever I saw Sido he looked surprisingly tall. Have a feeling he may be (or have been) injured because I’ve not seen his name in the Oldham lineup recently.

Can I go now please? I’ve not read why we can stay up.

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    He might have been 5ft 10 at 15, but it's unlikely he's grown after 21!

Oooooh yawn. Thought I heard someone calling. Yes, my kinda thread this. I think I started the kneeling thread but it got out of control. Well it lost me anyway.
    Are you really claiming my mate Anthony is 12’ tall @Malone ? He must be feeling that way with all the well deserved adulation. He’s a few inches taller than me (5’9” you cheeky sod!) at 6’ or just over. How much over depends on his hair style.
    Sido had a 4” mop when Wiki came to check him out. To be fair, whenever I saw Sido he looked surprisingly tall. Have a feeling he may be (or have been) injured because I’ve not seen his name in the Oldham lineup recently.

Can I go now please? I’ve not read why we can stay up.

Well played.
    My comma key is a bit dodge after dropping some water on it the other week.
    Unfortunate, as a comma is an absolutely critical button, as in the above 100% situation. (Although by sod's law it now seems to be working ok)

I like the idea of Wiki sending people around with their tape measures. Could be a pocket money job for you?

(ps apologies to @JohnBoy for a thread hijack the biggest boy DC would be absolutely delighted with!)