Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• I did! @Malone
    BTW not sure what made me think the game might be under the red button. Silly boy.

• Lovely. Anyone thinking we were getting an easy game on the back of our respective results on Tuesday can calm down a bit , they aren't wonderful or particularly confident but there's going to be a big amount of this season where we are out passed and hanging on, but we've made a load of good chances. Balls in to Bayo not as effective today, part by research on their part, part by refs thinking it's always a foul if he's involved.
    Nothing else matters tbh, one target, 3 points.

• @StrongestTeam I can't imagine any Wycombe fan except for the absolutely delusional thought it'd be easy?!

Sheff Wed would be way up the league without that -12.

• edited October 2020

Great to cover off scoring first, and going ahead, for the first time in the championship.
    Need the treble of the first win now!

• @Malone said:
    Great to cover off scoring first, and going ahead, for the first time in the championship.

We scored first and went ahead against Milwall.

• Everything crossed.

• Allsop should take his kicks from ten yards further back, they’ve been so long today that they’re just going straight to the oppo keeper or all the way out.

• @Malone said:
    @StrongestTeam I can't imagine any Wycombe fan except for the absolutely delusional thought it'd be easy?!

Sheff Wed would be way up the league without that -12.

True, think it was mainly Wednesday fans saying that on twitter

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

As I said...first twenty of second half will be crazy Wednesday will survive on this showing...

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

Whoops.
    Ok, just the single then - the win!

• @drcongo said:
    Allsop should take his kicks from ten yards further back, they’ve been so long today that they’re just going straight to the oppo keeper or all the way out.

Maybe just not kick it as far?

• @drcongo said:
    Allsop should take his kicks from ten yards further back, they’ve been so long today that they’re just going straight to the oppo keeper or all the way out.

Or hitting Bayo's head so close to the box that his header then goes straight to the keeper, with zero chance for Kashket to get near it.

• Paterson is like some pub team oaf in his approach

• @Malone said:
    Paterson is like some pub team oaf in his approach

And Marriott. Ref anywhere to be seen?

• Scott being pushed around every time he’s near the ball and then told to calm down by the lino is a bit galling.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:
    Paterson is like some pub team oaf in his approach

And Marriott. Ref anywhere to be seen?

I knew Marriott reminded me of someone, but couldn't think who.

It's that WWE wrestler Drew McIntyre. Same style of play!

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    The ‘Let Fans In’ message on the electronic hoardings seems rather ill judged given we’re likely to have a national lockdown before the weekend is out.

To be fair, as this was being comprehensively dismissed by cabinet ministers less than 24 hours ago, I wouldn’t blame them for that. You can’t plan anything with this clown Government.

• Curtis Thompson. Sensational performance today.

• Must’ve missed this where is where is Gareth Ainsworth

• For the amount of help the.linos are to the ref we might as well just have cameras on runners on the lines.

• @Mr67 said:
    Must’ve missed this where is where is Gareth Ainsworth

Had back surgery yesterday.

• @Mr67 said:
    Must’ve missed this where is where is Gareth Ainsworth

Having back surgery. Club doesnt tell the fans about injuries.

• Thanks

• That was a tough 5mins to hold out for!
    Hope Uche and Fred can give us new impetus.

• I know he was complaining about his back on Tuesday didn’t think it was that bad and so he gets well soon

• Stroud again telling our players to calm down. Do your job and there won’t be a problem.

• Just terrible terrible terrible refs.

• The refereeing in this league is completely and utterly abject. The League Two refs of a few years ago were much, much better.

• Six minutes????? And bottling second caution.of paterson! Poor officiating today indeed.

• Passing stats are interesting