Skip to content

Malachi Linton

2»

Comments

• Would rather have him develop in the B team and be brought into the first team squad at the right time for his development. There have been many players rushed in ahead of their time (Dayle Southwell a notable example) who didn't hit their mooted potential, so trust in Gaz and Dobbo to make the right decision on his development and we'll see him when they think he's ready.

Current predicament wise, I think we all knew that this is a huge step up in quality and some refereeing decisions have admittedly gone against us, but I for one feel fairly positive given what they've shown in the games so far (asides from the Blackburn game). It is important to get off the mark point wise, but there's spirit and fight in the group, so don't rule them out yet.

• Absobloominlutely.

• Well said

• Joke thread might as well bring back matt Harold too while where at it.

• @trevor said:
    Joke thread might as well bring back matt Harold too while where at it.

“Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

• Actually they* should have the same right to speak as a Nobel prize winner. Same as in a bar we can choose to ignore them* or engage with these “idiots.” (Although it does allow them* to shout louder than normal)

*I know I could (and possibly should) have put “we” in there.

(But I do find @trevor a reassuring doom and gloom merchant. Every decent pub I’ve frequented on a semi-regular basis has always had someone of that ilk propping up the bar)

• @bookertease said:
    Actually they* should have the same right to speak as a Nobel prize winner. Same as in a bar we can choose to ignore them* or engage with these “idiots.” (Although it does allow them* to shout louder than normal)

*I know I could (and possibly should) have put “we” in there.

(But I do find @trevor a reassuring doom and gloom merchant. Every decent pub I’ve frequented on a semi-regular basis has always had someone of that ilk propping up the bar)

Shergar will be easier to find than Trevor for the next half a week.

• To be fair, the fact that Linton has been sent on loan to Slough does show how wide of the mark the suggestion he could be the man to fire us to safety was.