Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Feel a 3-1 today. To us.

• Just listened to the excellent NTT20 podcast and were one of the guys bet of the week.

• Presume that means we’re short odds to win.

• 5 - 1 wycombe. If it were not for the outstanding foster midweek we would have scored plenty. P.s you must watch his youtube channel. What a legend the guy is.

• Really need a win today. That'd bring us back to the pack decently.

Read in some paper that we went 12 games without a win at the start of 98/99..
    So it'd be superb to kill the threat of matching or overtaking that one while we're at it.

• @micra said:
    Presume that means we’re short odds to win.

We’re very much not favourites, making it an even bigger surprise!

• Its many months since we were expected to win a game, a whole new mindset. As a long time fan I cannot believe we are where we are. COYC.

• Dobbo in charge today - Gareth has had back surgery.

Speedy recovery, Gareth!

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Dobbo in charge today - Gareth has had back surgery.

Speedy recovery, Gareth!

Yes indeed.

• Unchanged team. Come on lads!

• Best wishes to the gaffer's back. Hope he's back soon!

• Wednesday have dropped Dawson. Are there any centrebacks in that starting 11 @chairboyscentral ?

• The graphic has them playing an odd looking 3 at the back, 3 centre mids, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Surely that won't be their lineup.

• Dobbo appears to be mic’ed up. Presume that’s a direct line to Gaz’s hospital bed.

• Haven’t been this nervous for a while. The perils of expectation.

• How the heck have they given that as a goal kick! It's started already!

• I would go as far as saying today is a must win

• There’s no excuse for a centre forward wearing number 5.

• 3 poor set pieces from JJ. We were so efficient from them last season. What’s happened?

• I would say we need to put Bayo in the largest shirt possible, but we probably already are.

• @JohnBoy said:
    3 poor set pieces from JJ. We were so efficient from them last season. What’s happened?

Not allowed good set pieces at this level.

• That’s twice Wednesday players have pushed our guys full in the chest with nothing from the red.

• The ‘Let Fans In’ message on the electronic hoardings seems rather ill judged given we’re likely to have a national lockdown before the weekend is out.

• What a time to score! Yes!

• Get in Wheels

• @Shev said:

@JohnBoy said:
    3 poor set pieces from JJ. We were so efficient from them last season. What’s happened?

Not allowed good set pieces at this level.

I stand corrected!

• Yes! What a time to score!

Who else expected it to be ruled out for some inexplicable reason?!

• Great goal considering we were under the cosh! Thompson very good yet again. Nice to see Horgan and Wheeler getting chances. First 20 of the second half is going to be torrid I think.

• Sheff Weds for most of the half looked clearly the worst side we’ve come up against so far this season. Then there’s a ten minute spell when they get down the flanks at will and we just couldn’t get on the ball... and we score.

Who knows what will happen in the second half.