Skip to content

Midfield two

In games where we play with a midfield two, does Gape even get back in at this point when fit? Thompson has been a revelation since his return, a little under the radar, because Adeniran has been so good.

Comments

• edited October 2020

Was thinking this last night. He doesn't given current form of Thompson and Adeniran.

• I was also thinking about this last night. I can't remember a game where I've been more impressed with Gape than I was with both Thompson and Adeniran last night.

• Agreed. The pair of them are on fire right now.

• @drcongo said:
    I was also thinking about this last night. I can't remember a game where I've been more impressed with Gape than I was with both Thompson and Adeniran last night.

Chesterfield?

• I thought last night was more of a dimaond, but I don't see him forcing his way into even that at the moment.

• I agree as well, although they must both be a bit knackered after a hard run of games, and with another midweek game to come next week. It’s going to be an unforgiving season.

So having three good players that are pretty much interchangeable in the two midfield roles will be pretty handy.

• @railwaysteve said:

@drcongo said:
    I was also thinking about this last night. I can't remember a game where I've been more impressed with Gape than I was with both Thompson and Adeniran last night.

Chesterfield?

Not even that one. Lovely and memorable goal though it was, the constant high performance from Adeniran and Thompson last night was phenomenal.

• Such a difference from the 'need more midfielders' posts from only a few weeks back.

Great performances from both in the last three matches as well as improving match on match. Gape is a pretty good option though and I am sure he'll be key at some point too.

• To quote BluntPhil ‘nice problem to have’ .

• Adeniran gets better with every game doesn't he. Even in a team struggling for points.

• @drcongo said:
    Adeniran gets better with every game doesn't he. Even in a team struggling for points.

He's an absolutely critical player to us already. Arguably first name on the sheet right now

• At least once in each of the last three games, he has casually walked the ball out of our own area while surrounded by attackers, and broken away with it. His confidence on the ball must give real confidence to the players around him. What a find he's turning out to be.

• @drcongo said:
    At least once in each of the last three games, he has casually walked the ball out of our own area while surrounded by attackers, and broken away with it. His confidence on the ball must give real confidence to the players around him. What a find he's turning out to be.

Agreed - I was gutted when we could keep Nnamdi, but so chuffed we've got someone with just a touch more poise in possession. A class act who puts in the hard yards as well.

• @drcongo said:
    At least once in each of the last three games, he has casually walked the ball out of our own area while surrounded by attackers, and broken away with it. His confidence on the ball must give real confidence to the players around him. What a find he's turning out to be.

Agreed, with me screaming at the TV, "just bloody welly it" only for me a few seconds later saying, "oh, well that's what I meant"! :)

• Dennis Adeniran is 'i've stopped thinking about Oboforh every game,' good. And Curtis looks every bit his equal.

• I know it’s a game of opinions, but I recently had to defend Adeniran when someone on the Facebook page said he hadn’t been impressed by him! He’s been superb in every game.

• They are forces of nature - prodigiously talented midfielders. Just a bit worried Everton might do a QPR on us (cf Eberechi Eze).

• Am I right in thinking he goes back in a couple of months though?

• I think it’s season long @bookertease but see my comment on the Incoming Midfielder thread.

• Sorry, Incoming Signing !

• The loan was originally till January but can be extended.
    It’s unlikely he’d get into the Everton squad so, providing he’s enjoying it at Wycombe I’m sure it could be arranged.

• I thought it was Josh Knight (another gem) who’s loan was only for three months. People seemed to think that was based on Tafazolli not being likely to be fit for some weeks/months.

• Whose (I think).

• Not good on that one (whose & who’s) but the latter must be ‘who is’. I’ll have to be pensioned off.

• Phew. Made a bit of ground on old Malone.

• Dennis is indeed here for the season: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/september/dennis-joins-on-season-long-loan/

Josh Knight's loan is three months, it's just a guess on my part that this is how long Taf is going to be out for.

• @floyd said:
    Dennis Adeniran is 'i've stopped thinking about Oboforh every game,' good. And Curtis looks every bit his equal.

Agreed. Nnamdi got us up Dennis will keep us there.

• Memorable Quote of the Day @perfidious_albion

• @floyd said:
    Dennis is indeed here for the season: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/september/dennis-joins-on-season-long-loan/

Josh Knight's loan is three months, it's just a guess on my part that this is how long Taf is going to be out for.

Taf is back in full training, should be back any game now

• Even if Everton have a recall clause for Adeniran, he's not going to get into their squad unless they have a big injury crisis.