Skip to content

To those trolling the club...

Obviously with our form at the moment things are looking a bit bleak for us this season, yes it is mildly disappointing that we seem to be lacking any fire power upfront but I am looking at things long term here.

First of all I would say that it is highly unlikely that we will survive the division this season but I would like us to try and reach at least 19 points so we're not the worst championship side ever, the fact that we got promoted has probably saved our club. When league one and two teams will be struggling for revenue this season potentially with the loss of crowds at games we have been lucky to have received a cash injection from the championship as well as regular televised games.

I have absolutely no doubt that Ainsworth will stay on and build up the potential of this club with the introduction of the B team and the club vision going forward, we should have a pretty decent squad to challenge for promotion back next season and that gives us a foundation to build on.

Sorry for posting a new thread but for some reason it is the only way i can post on here, if i try and reply on any thread it won't let me sign in, strange times.

Comments

• I believe 23 points is the lowest ever... not 19

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I believe 23 points is the lowest ever... not 19

Classic Gasroom. A heartfelt plea for patience with a potential factual error.

Let's pile in on the error. La, la, la. I can't possibly hear someone saying something sensible.

• I feel sheepish that i flew in gagging to correct the error now...
    Definitely will not be pointing out that Rotherham in that 23 point season had 6 points at this stage.

Was 19 the prem record low? Or was that an even sillier total?

• @Malone said:
    I feel sheepish that i flew in gagging to correct the error now...
    Definitely will not be pointing out that Rotherham in that 23 point season had 6 points at this stage.

11 - Derby in 07/08, won 1

• Also, we will not be setting a record low points total

• Incredibly poor.
    Still..at least we have 8 games more in a champs season to beat that!

• edited October 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Let's pile in on the error. La, la, la. I can't possibly hear someone saying something sensible.

This is poor, even by your standards. One person helpfully providing a correct points total does not a "pile in" make.

Classic Gasroom. One person helpfully provides a correct points total.

Let's pile in on them for helping. La, la, la. I can't possibly think of other people as having good intentions.

• Some say potato, some say potaato @drcongo

For me just pointing out the error and not answering the post is rude. None of us are perfect with grammar, spelling or our knowledge. I don't actually know what the correct points total is if I am honest

• We've only got 39 games left to turn this around folks...

• @drcongo said:

@HolmerBlue said:

This is poor, even by your standards. One person helpfully providing a correct points total does not a "pile in" make.

Classic Gasroom. One person helpfully provides a correct points total.

Let's pile in on them for helping. La, la, la. I can't possibly think of other people as having good intentions.

You should probably rename it the gaslight room in his honour

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@HolmerBlue said:

What a prick.

There was actually no malice meant at all in my answer. Pretty sad that you see it that way

• Back to the point of the opening thread.

It’s the FA Cup 1St Rd draw tonight. Normally a time of excitement (or not that many years ago) some years regret. Never before indifference.

Maybe one of the clubs drawn out tonight can dream of a plum tie away at Adams Park in a few weeks time.

• Oh I can remember the feelings of indifference to it. I grew up watching in an era where we very rarely featured in it as we’d been knocked out a round or three earlier.

For those who weren’t around, an example oh how amateur we really were back then, the year we reached the 3rd round proper for the first time (74/75), we started in the 1st qualifying round. Not because we had to but because the secretary forgot to send the letter (or whatever) requesting exemption to the 4th qualifying round which we were entitled to start in (or something like that)

• @HolmerBlue said:

@HolmerBlue said:

What a prick.

There was actually no malice meant at all in my answer. Pretty sad that you see it that way

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your short post was just pretty abrupt.

Thanks for the short reply with the abuse. It confirms it is possible to convey what you mean in a few words.

I could try to go down the banter option and say my response was light hearted but it wasn't. I thought you were rude but you tell me you weren't. Sorry once more

• " I believe 23 points is the lowest ever... not 19"

What on earth is rude about this ? Please tell me, I'm fascinated. Not every post has to be an essay long.

• Just in case.... @fedup1980 , if I offended you with my very short answer, I'm sorry, it was not intended

• I'm definitely glad I didn't get in first with the correction now :)

• Seems a long time ago now we were all united in celebrating the greatest night in the club's history.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Seems a long time ago now we were all united in celebrating the greatest night in the club's history.

It's a fickle old world my drug mad friend.

I've gone from thinking "we'll be fine" when we got promoted, to genuinely worrying we're going to lose 35-40 games.

I do have my positive hat on for tomorrow though...

• It seems we've started taking out our collective frustration/anger over the poor officiating decisions on one another. A little like fans fighting amongst themselves on the terrace ...

What will things be like by the time we're allowed to watch matches live? Those officials had better be wearing ear defenders by then, as there's going to be a lot of pent up angst needing to be released.

• Im seeing that number as my realistic success now, we need mid table form to stay up already

• Nothing like limbs on the internet!

• @Username said:
    Im seeing that number as my realistic success now, we need mid table form to stay up already

Leicester got in the play offs with 68 points, so we might only need 20 wins and 8 draws.

• @Wendoverman said:
    We've only got 39 games left to turn this around folks...

The most enlightened comment of all. Disappointing as the start has been, it is wrong to write us off when there are so many points to play for. I have been greatly encouraged by the way we have improved in almost every game and I remain optimistic that we can indeed turn this around.

• My main concern is that no-one has suggested to @fedup1980 what he needs to do to post comments in response to other people’s posts. I don’t feel qualified to offer assistance.

• @Malone said:
    I feel sheepish that i flew in gagging to correct the error now...

Was that Derby County under Billy Davies in the Prem?

• Funny you should remember that @Forest_Blue ?

• @micra said:
    My main concern is that no-one has suggested to @fedup1980 what he needs to do to post comments in response to other people’s posts. I don’t feel qualified to offer assistance.

After reading this thread he may decide he doesn’t want to.

• Given @fedup1980 has posted 8 discussions and 168 comments, I'm hoping it was a blip. But just in case I've tweaked something in the back end that will hopefully help.

• Thanks @drcongo for sorting that for me, my apologies I read somewhere that Rotherham only achieved 18 points but I guess that and myself were wrong. Still it's a shame that you can't post on this forum without it becoming a cock fight between members, we do support the same club after all