Skip to content

Match day thread: Watford

Comments

• Should have been 3 but very good first point, played very well.

• @floyd said:
    Samuel’s clearly backing into their keeper.

I'd polish those lenses friend.
    He doesn't even move.
    If anything, the keeper is fouling him.

• Not much in it but can see why the referee give a foul.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

He doesn't even move.

Whatever you reckon. We were great tonight weren't we?

• What a superb performance, feeling of elation tempered by yet another appalling refereeing decision.

By god, we looked fired up though. Can't wait for Saturday now.

• Absolutely and utterly proud of everone tonight! We played out of our skin, and if we could have converted one of those chances...

• I’m starting to think maybe football just isn’t the game for me any more.

• We should have won on the balance of play, and to be honest only Sarr and Foster (and that is no criticism of Allsop) looked better than any of our players.

• We were fantastic tonight, on another night we go in 2 up at the break... Foster was superb and arguably got them a point.

• 4th time robbed by officials costjng us points with major decisions.
    Luton disallowed goal at 1-0 at the death.
    JJ corner goal v Millwall at 1-1.
    Norwich - Fred pen & the free kick at the death.
    Tonight - disallowed winner for no reason.

We were excellent all over the park, what a player Adeniran is though

• From my perspective, Samuel stuck his rear into the keeper at the opportune time.

• What a superb performance from every single Wycombe player. Play like that every week and we stay up. The ‘non existent foul on goalkeepers from a corner and a perfectly good goal gets disallowed’ conspiracy continues!!! COYB.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

He doesn't even move.

Whatever you reckon. We were great tonight weren't we?

We were. Fantastic display that we genuinely should have won from.

Hopefully this opens the points floodgates.

I wouldn't call it "luck" as such, especially compared to the massive bad luck we've had so far, but if that Murry 94th min shot had gone in....it's not even worth thinking about.

• I’d be calling for the referee’s head if I were on the terrace. But being totally objective I think Samuel is backing in. If he stands straight and holds his ground then no problem. But I don’t think you can make a back like that when going for an aerial ball.

Great performance and a shame not to win. Foster made some really good saves and looked every bit an international quality keeper.

So glad Murray put that one wide. It would have been absolutely horrendous to lose to another late goal.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Not much in it but can see why the referee give a foul.

There's nothing in it. It's just that refs are conditioned to afford goalies ridiculous protection.

• @Shev said:
    From my perspective, Samuel stuck his rear into the keeper at the opportune time.

Makes you wonder if Sky were showing a different angle. Never crossed my mind the ref would give it.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    4th time robbed by officials costjng us points with major decisions.
    Luton disallowed goal at 1-0 at the death.
    JJ corner goal v Millwall at 1-1.
    Norwich - Fred pen & the free kick at the death.
    Tonight - disallowed winner for no reason.

We were excellent all over the park, what a player Adeniran is though

Agree on all bar possibly the Luton one. Think that may have been correct.

But Adeniran has been an outrageous find. Beefed that midfield up hugely.
    Will we move him forward when/if Gape ever comes back?

• @floyd said:

@Shev said:
    From my perspective, Samuel stuck his rear into the keeper at the opportune time.

Makes you wonder if Sky were showing a different angle. Never crossed my mind the ref would give it.

I think you are right - I did not even celebrate!

• One annoyance with Sky is the way they just move the coverage off the main event, and you're thinking it's still adverts, then realise it's back on another channel!

• A bit disappointed with the goal conceded as well. There is only one man in the box but we leave him free.

Stewart more than makes up for it with a thumping header at the other end though.

• I would also make the point that the Wycombe players did not appear to protest like the Millwall goal.

• I'm so proud of the team tonight. That's all I can conjure up.

• Brilliant display. We really deserve to be mid-table, but the rest of the division has been put on notice. If it were not for Ben Foster, it could have been 4-1.

• I think it’s a:
    if the referee gives a foul VAR would not overrule the decision as it’s not a clear and obvious error
    If the referee awards the goal VAR would let the goal stand as again it wouldn’t be a clear foul.

Frustrating

• I would have been amazed if it had been given, didn’t celebrate, the keeper always gets the benefit in those situations.

What a performance again though, everyone busting a gut for the team - so good to see.

Well done lads.

• Great team performance tonight and thought Bayo, Wheeler, Kashket and Adeniran were quality, with Curtis putting in a shift too. A well deserved point and this will only add value to a positive team spirit going forward.

Was really great to see the Bayo Kashket partnership back in full swing though, they really do work well together.

• Sky said lots to talk about after the break then straight into a doc on Carl Lewis ??

• Believe!

• A good rule of thumb is how you would feel if a goal was given against you. I would be livid.

• Technically its a foul by Samuel, although harsh to disallow the goal. I actually thought the ref was quite good compared with recent clowns we've had.