Match day thread: Watford

Comments

• How’s that not a foul on Kashket?

• @JohnBoy said:
    Phenomenal save from Foster there.

And again.

• @floyd said:
    How’s that not a foul on Kashket?

Looked it to me too, but overall I think the ref has been good so far.

• Hue upgrade on Saturday.

• Oh Bayo ??‍♂️

• Bayo, Bayo, Bayo......,,

• Thank god for the hand ball decision!

• Should be comfortably aheadm

• I'd have taken 0-0 at HT, but we'll rue those misses.

• Played well again, getting chances, easy to look at Bayo's miss but he's been immense. Grimmer too. Great shift again. If they can get anything at all it'll be well deserved.

• He’ll kick himself for those misses, but Bayo had made a huge difference.

He’s freed up Kashket and Wheeler and we actually look dangerous.

• That’s one of the best halves I’ve ever seen from Wycombe, puts to bed any suggestion that we don’t deserve to be in the Championship.

• Great performance from us, Foster has kept them in it. Hope Allsop does the same when the time comes.

• Thought we, to a man, have been superb. Kashket has been making intelligent runs, we could have been maybe 3-0 or 3-1.. COYB!!!

• Absolutely fantastic half from the team, definitely edged it with the chances and 2 great saves from Foster

• Absolutely excellent again. We have dominated most of the game. Maybe not in possession, but in the way that we’ve forced the game to be played on our terms.

Only some wasteful finishing and a brilliant save from Foster has kept it level.

I’d like to see us make a few more tactical fouls, especially when Watford break from our set pieces. Foster is so quick to claim and then launch the ball into attack that I’m almost more concerned about them scoring from our free kicks.

• NOW we're talking.

While Watford have that constant "threat" about them, we've by far had the best chances*. Kashket and Bayo...how did he scoop that over!

Please let us now regret those misses like we did v Rotherham

*I only got in 20mins in,, so pending me missing loads of chances from them!

• @Malone I hope you mean *not regret!

• I am dreading losing by the odd goal against Reading, Norwich and Watford back to back to back. We deserve so much more! We are honestly mid-table standard the last few.

• Bayo + kashket has been a great partnership this game. Weirdly i don't feel we have never seen both of them in form at the same time really.

• I agree @Shev. I was willing Kashket to shoot himself rather than pass to Bayo but isn’t it great to see that duo again.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @Malone I hope you mean *not regret!

haha, bloody now/not mix up!!!

• Bit ambiguous that.

• Superb first half. Bayo is winning everything, just need that telepathy with Kashket to click. Everyone has been excellent, but Grimmer has been incredible.

• @Shev said:
    I am dreading losing by the odd goal against Reading, Norwich and Watford back to back to back. We deserve so much more! We are honestly mid-table standard the last few.

Saturday has to be the cruel peak of the season.
    It's our time for something to go our way now.

• @OnOurWay said:
    Bayo + kashket has been a great partnership this game. Weirdly i don't feel we have never seen both of them in form at the same time really.

League 2 when Kashket scored about 15 in 2 months - that's probably the last time they combined repeatedly.

• Ref is a major upgrade from Gavin Ward.

• Tremendous first half . Bayo has been excellent but must score. Have to take my hat of to him as I thought the Championship was a step too far. Need to keep it going.

• How frustrating. Should be 3 or 4 up and conceded to such a simple cross. They’ve looked dangerous in those positions all night and we’ve not done anything to stop it.