Skip to content

Match day thread: Watford

Comments

• Couple of things for US based fans to remember; the games is on ESPN+, so no video on ifollow unless you're a STH, and kicks off an hour later than normal, 3.45ET.

Tonight's the night, COYBs.

• Cheers @floyd - all set here!

• Ha ha, I was about to query the "hour later than normal" until I spotted the +! Not that I'm US based but I send my regards to @floyd, @Shev and all those offshore members of the World Wide Wycombe phenomena.?

• Cheers @ValleyWanderer - I hope you are keeping well, and that we will meet again at AP someday!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Ha ha, I was about to query the "hour later than normal" until I spotted the +! Not that I'm US based but I send my regards to @floyd, @Shev and all those offshore members of the World Wide Wycombe phenomena.?

The hour later is because we haven't put our clocks back yet, so we're only four hours behind the chair metropolis.

• @floyd Ahh, I'd always thought something was amiss when the NFL kick-off times move forward then back to normal - but never bothered to figure out why.

• The weird thing is that normally (at least recently) we have moved our clocks back first. It's like the UK is trying to one-up us, or something.

I still have parents and a nephew in the UK, a brother on Pacific Time (Vegas) and siblings living in Hanoi, so I study time zones like the Zapruder film...

• Clock back, and to the left.

• Possibly one of the most niche jokes I've ever made, and for that reason I'm rather proud of it.

• Gape, Tafazolli and McCarthy all back in full training

• I wouldn't make a single change from the team we fielded on Saturday. We played very well from when we got back into the game so I believe there is no need to change anything, we just need to he a bit more aware positionally and make sure we don't make any silly mistakes. It would be nice to see the returns of Gape, Tafazolli and McCarthy. Obviously they probably won't start but at the end of the day, they are still all championship quality. COYB!

• @thedieharder Agreed, same 11 as long as they're all in one piece!

• Only worry I would have is fatigue for that XI. Many looked dead on their feet by 80 mins

• @floyd said:

The hour later is because we haven't put our clocks back yet, so we're only four hours behind the chair metropolis.

Doh, and me thinking that + meant plus 1 hour!? Too much thinking methinks.?

• Looking forward to seeing the new floodlights in action tonight, geeky as that sounds

• I have a good feeling about tonight. We are going to get right in their faces and they're not going to like it. My primary concern is fatigue as mentioned above, but I will feel less optimistic if we throw in more than one, or at most two, changes from Saturday's starting XI. Horgan has played a lot of games recently, so if Uche is ready I wouldn't be surprised to see him given a start with Wheeler playing as a more authentic wide midfielder. COYB!!!

• Horgan looked absolutely shattered by the time he came off on Saturday.

• It's going to be interesting to see Bayo's first start in the second tier, either way!

• Ifollow buffering like a bastard tonight. Hope that sorts itself.

• Typical Sky, in depth discussion of several Watford players and all aspects of Watford's team and games, bit on Bayo the character, didn't they do well and us lacking that bit of quality when that prick dived on Saturday.
    Gonna be tricky tonight but what a platform to step up and show something.

• Anyone know why I am only being offered an audio package for tonight's game?...

• Don't know, but I can't get anything at all on ifollow

• If you're not a season ticket holder the video is not available on ifollow when the game is televised.

• I see. Thanks, @floyd.

• Blimey those floodlights are good!

• We’re really imposing ourselves on this game and look confident.

Believe!

• Great start. Where’s the diving header Bayo?!

• They don’t like it up em.

• Phenomenal save from Foster there.