Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• Can we cut the mustard.......or something.

• Can the swan be mightier than the canary?

• As Norwich play in yellow, this is a hood indicator of our kit intentions regarding the charter. Will the quarters be blue, or red and white?

• Definitely blue today.

• This is where our season starts. Just have that feeling after reading about 4previous defeats to them and talk of them being the best in the league!

• Maybe Bill can be our 12th Man.

• Last time I saw us at Carrow Road, they put 5 past us. But Matt Harrold did score a rare “worldie”.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Last time I saw us at Carrow Road, they put 5 past us. But Matt Harrold did score a rare “worldie”.

5-2. Some of the all time worst defending we've put in. One Holt goal they literally walked it in.
    But that Harrold screamer was amazing. He scored both of ours didn't he?

• Heart tells me we are going to nick a 1 0 win. Head tells me it’s going to be a tonking.?

• edited October 2020

A win today will be the greatest league result in our history. They've kept all but two of their first team from the PL and made some top signings. Mehmeti winner followed by Adebayor knee-slide towards Delia?

• @Malone, wasn't that one of the games Michael Duberry "featured" in? First half was an embarrassing affair.

• Head tells me anything is possible. Arse tells me to hide behind the sofa.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    A win today will be the greatest league result in our history. They've kept all but two of their first team from the PL and made some top signings. Mehmeti winner followed by Adebayor knee-slide towards Delia?

To get ahead of that day on Torquay or even the away win at Maine Road would be some achievement. Let's hope we get to add it to the list of historic wins later.

• edited October 2020

Torquay will always be the most important, but pulling off a shock today would be a hell of an achievement in a footballing sense.

• @Twizz said:
    @Malone, wasn't that one of the games Michael Duberry "featured" in? First half was an embarrassing affair.

"We're not here just to make up the numbers".

One of the all time most memorable quotes in our league days down there with "that goal changed nothing" from Lambert.

Today seems so obviously a comfy home win, I actually half think we're going to get onto the points register today! That's often how footy works!

5-4-1 or ultra defensive 4-5-1 job, with the likes of Samuel utterly ruining himself effort wise.
    For Bayo to come on very late on and head one in.

I can see the home limbs now, with many a piece of household furniture or tech ruined.

Torquay will always be the most important, but pulling off a shock today would be a hell of an achievement in a footballing sense.

Of course. Our first win at this level would be historic and winning away against a squad built with the money Norwich gave used would be a real line in the sand.
    I'm just not one for describing events as the 'greatest in our history' just because Norwich have a squad assembled for millions.
    There are quite a few of them in this league and to stay up we are going to need quite a few greatest league results in our history to get there.
    Let's hope it happens. I have good feeling about today. We are in the same league as Norwich on merit despite what Martin Samuels says

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

5-4-1 or ultra defensive 4-5-1 job, with the likes of Samuel utterly ruining himself effort wise.
    For Bayo to come on very late on and head one in.

I can see the home limbs now, with many a piece of household furniture or tech ruined.

I hope we don't go too defensive. We'll need to keep it tight - they have the potential to overrun us - but we'll need to do what we can to impose ourselves. Got to take heart from Tuesday and make a strong start. ?

• Norwich play an incredibly high line, so it feels like a Kashket day - would love Mehmeti in there to find him over the top (am aware I'm making it sound far too easy) but don't expect him to start.

• I just want us to go out there chests puffed out like we belong there and we're not overawed by anyone.

Get a bit nasty as well.

Just feel we've been a bit passive and a bit too nice so far

Get stuck in boys! You deserve to be where you are, now show everyone you believe it

• I do feel like Cantwell and Buendía - who probably will have been disappointed not to get PL moves - won't particularly like coming up against Curtis Thompson...

• I’m with you on that one @eric_plant. I think we have been a bit too nice and the difference in height and physicality hasn’t helped. Hopefully having Bayo back will be useful in that respect.

We’ll need to be really switched on to runners from deep today, which has been a problem in the past. I fear if Norwich take the lead we could be overrun.

But then again we do have some pace upfront so the talk of a high line offers some hope. The likes of Samuel, Fred and Kashkett are a pain for defenders when they chase down balls into the channel. If we can get long kicks in behind the Norwich line we may just have a chance.

COYB!

• @eric_plant said:
    Get stuck in boys! You deserve to be where you are, now show everyone you believe it

I was hoping so much that we'd re-sign Luke O'Nein this summer. This is exactly what he was good at, causing an absolute nuisance of himself in midfield, playing the dark arts and getting stuck in. We really miss his cheekiness, craftiness and motivational optimism.

• I fear that today's game might make us long for the even nature of our contest at Ewood Park. Come on you blues.

• I hope we are nasty but well timed rather than nasty playing an hour with nine men ?

• Living in Norfolk for the last 25 years, just a point would be incredible. Certainly keep all my Norwich mates quiet. There are some pretty big scores in favour of Norwich on our predictor league. I’ve gone for a 1-1. They believe we will park the bus. I’ve told them we are so short of money , we only have a mini bus!! Come on you blues.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I have good feeling about today.

I have this too.
    An inexplicable feeling that we'll get onto the points wagon today.

• edited October 2020

@Glenactico said:
    I think we have been a bit too nice and the difference in height and physicality hasn’t helped. Hopefully having Bayo back will be useful in that respect.

>

COYB!

We probably had half an eye on the start to the season that saw Gape sent off, Bloomfield arguably lucky not to be and also Charles sent off - albeit for a pro foul rather than aggression.

Hopefully we can finally get Tafazolli and Uche on the pitch at the same time soon, and all of a sudden we're much more physical.> @floyd said:

I fear that today's game might make us long for the even nature of our contest at Ewood Park. Come on you blues.

Getting tedious now.
    Get your positive hat on!

• Haha, well played @malone!