Skip to content

"Wycombe woes shows PPG ruin" , according to Martin Samuel in Daily Mail

2»

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    I have yet to receive a reply.

You probably need to email him 1.74 times!?

• @glasshalffull said:
    I have yet to receive a reply.

Pages to fill @glasshalffull pages to fill. And if it causes outrage in some quarters that's a bonus!

• I normally enjoy reading Martin Samuel’s columns, but he was very wrong on this one.

• Let’s introduce three tiers incorrectness - wrong, very wrong and completely wrong.
    I think tier 2 works very well on this occasion.

• Tiers OF incorrectness - bloody hell, lockdown light is destroying my mind.

• @woodlands said:
    Can you let us know how he responds,please. I was going to email him as he often talks about how great our leagues are for their unpredictability,opportunity for fairy tale endings that can happen. A bit like ours really. He has totally not researched the facts of our 2019/20 season before this nonsensical article.

He normally is one to celebrate the underdogs running their clubs the right way and sticking one to the big boys, though that seems have gone out of the window on this occasion. Maybe he's too close to one of the self-appointed big boys who lost out on the play-offs because of their indifferent starts to the season.

• Some of these journalists aren't very good at masking their obvious biases.

If anyone has ever had the misfortune of reading David Maddock's twitter, you'll see he gets very defensive and emotional about anything concerning his boys Liverpool

• The article reads like the ramblings of a seriously bitter amateur journalist. He should stick to shoving croissants in his gob on Sunday supplement, he's better at that.

• Sunday Supplement is no more

• @Chickenhead said:
    We could swap our Samuel for him and stick him in goal. The fat bxstxrd would fill up the entire goal!

Not sure about the political correctness of that but as your fellow foodie, @Wheresthechips, has pointed out, Mr Samuel is apparently partial to calorie rich croissants.
    You and @Wheresthechips both joined the Gasroom at the same time and both of you are extremely infrequent visitors (well, compared with me and Malone!) so maybe you a bit of an affinity. You can probably also relate very readily to @Wendoverman - aka wheresthecrisps.

• have a bit of an affinity.....”. Flippin’ ‘eck, I really am losing it.

• Apart from @NiceCarrots, I can’t think of any other food related contributors. There’s a challenge at a time when it’s so quiet on here that I’m reduced to this sort of nonsense. I must wean myself off again.

• @micra A real man always knows where the crisps are

• A fair proportion of mine are usually on the front of my “jumper” @Wendoverman. Eaten when l wake up again.