Skip to content

Horgan gets international call-up

13»

Comments

• England friendly in Nov is now against ROI (was originally due to be New Zealand).

Hopefully Horgan scores a brace and we can sell him for £££ in January!

• @Glenactico, if Horgan can score against England then surely we're better off keeping him rather than selling; we do need to score goals to be be able to win games, you know that?
    Although, to be fair, most Championship teams probably defend better than England do so it'll be easier for him to score than most weeks.

• How many shots has Horgan had so far?

I was really excited by his substitute appearance at Brentford but in the league games he doesn't seem to have had the ball at his feet enough to influence a game.

Maybe he needs to play as a centre forward as I think he is a player with the ability some are shouting for

• I'd leave out Samuel and Kasket and start with all 3 of Fred, Wheeler and Horgan, with 2 of them, dont care which 2 playing up front

• Imagine how different this season could have started if Horgan had connected better with that chance against the Millers in the first minute.

• @HolmerBlue You'd leave out Kashket? How many of our games have you seen this season?

• Of our current available crop of attackers, I'd go with Fred through the middle flanked by Kashket and Horgan, with Wheeler and Samuel coming on later to give the defenders a whole different set of problems to think about.

• The team I would play against Norwich would be:
    Allsop
    Grimmer
    Stewart
    Knight
    Jacobson
    Adeniran
    Wheeler
    Bloomfield
    Onyedimna
    Kashket
    Horgan

• I'd go Bayo and Horgan. I think the third striker is getting to isolated this season and I'd prefer they played more centrally in the midfield.

• Impossible to pick a side because we have no idea who is going to be fit

I'd pick 5 at the back though

• @eric_plant said:
    Impossible to pick a side because we have no idea who is going to be fit

I'd pick 5 at the back though

9 @ the back for me & one up front. Just need one of them huge punts down the middle, a slip from a centre back & bosh, we nick it 1-0!

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Imagine how different this season could have started if Horgan had connected better with that chance against the Millers in the first minute.

Or as a minimum not conceded late on.
    We all knew Rotherham were one of the weak teams, so it was a huge mental blow day one.

• 5 at the back worth a go but doesn't really suit JJ , he can't get up and down the left wing all match. Similarly not sure about Samuel as a threat off the bench, he's more your wear them out and then let someone else finish them off type, as long as we are still level.

• @floyd said:
    @HolmerBlue You'd leave out Kashket? How many of our games have you seen this season?

All of them... yes he's an annoying pain in the arse for the opposition, and has scored our only goal to date... but, he's just scored one goal, and in my opinion was pretty anonymous last night.

• I thought he was decent last night, but not quite up to his usual level.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@floyd said:
    @HolmerBlue You'd leave out Kashket? How many of our games have you seen this season?

All of them... yes he's an annoying pain in the arse for the opposition, and has scored our only goal to date... but, he's just scored one goal, and in my opinion was pretty anonymous last night.

I’d say last night was the first time Fred outperformed him. To be honest it’s Horgan who worries me at the moment.

• Im surprised that Fred has not been tried up top as we work without ikpeazu and bayo i.must admit. We are not bothering many backlines despite AS and SK working hard

• Certainly wouldn’t drop Kashket. Would love to see Fred operating centrally. Last night Thompson was outstanding but I hardly noticed Matt Bloomfield apart from his one poorly executed shot. Anis Mehmeti had an even more wayward shot of course from at least 30 yards but is clearly extremely confident and has great potential. To compare him with Nick Freeman and Ryan Sellars (as someone did) seems well wide of the mark. I have always admired Nick and wish he could get more game time but he is a slow burner and a totally different style of player to Anis Mehmeti who seems very sharp and quick thinking, much more in the Kashket mould and with similar skill on the ball. As I’ve said before I can see them working well together.