Skip to content

Match day thread: Reading

Comments

• I can only echo most of what has been said on here. The radio silence on injuries is not ok. You can indicate what the issue is without giving away a timescale for a return. Curtis Thompson has been fantastic so far. And to think some didn’t even consider him a going concern as the season began. Anyway, decent first half, although a little fortunate to get away with the late defensive lapse to say the least...

• @WidmerWanderer said:
    A little disappointed that Broomfield can just it seems walk back into the side after suspension.. surely the team showed enough at the weekend to warrant him on the bench

You've got to try harder than this nonsense.

• @floyd said:

@peterparrotface said:
    Who is alongside @bluntphil on iPlayer?

I thought it was you!

Behave, he's got a Canvey Island accent!

• How they didn't score in the last min i do not know..he just had to touch the ball with any sort of direction.

We don't particularly look like scoring, but if we can hold it until late on and get Bayo on...

And like everyone else...where the hell is Gape. We're all lamenting his three match ban and it ends up stretching to 6 games out without a whisper he's anywhere near back

• Good half but we have to find a way to score somehow. I think the beat route looks to get getting Horgan and Kashkett on the ball together.

First ten minutes is big here. Reading will surely get a half time rocket so we need to get through till 60 mins and then we have a great chance to pinch something.

• @peterparrotface said:

@floyd said:

@peterparrotface said:
    Who is alongside @bluntphil on iPlayer?

I thought it was you!

Behave, he's got a Canvey Island accent!

Good ears apparently!

• Oi @bluntphil, get back to work.

• Completely agree with everyone on the injury blackouts. Seems like we’re the only club that does this and find it hugely disrespectful.

When I listen to Phil’s post match interviews with Gareth on RTB podcast I’m always hoping Phil will ask for more info on the injuries and expected return dates. It never happens so I’m starting to assume that he’s been told by the club not to ask.

• Sky commentator dreadful and clearly hates Wycombe. Sky no replays or camera angles either. So glad to be back with Phil & Glenn Hoddle/Redknapp clone for the second half ....

• This game is crying out for Bayo!!

• For sure! Subs needed.

• Too late.

• Left to long as normal.... now we're losing

• Was coming, they've looked better this half

• so poor ....we were never going to be any better with the lack of investment made in the squad....GA recruited for league 1 standard not championship....we can learn and hopefully improve for seasons ahead

• Do we look like scoring? Do we create chances? Will he ever change it before 70 mins.. same story every week..

• Here he is !

• That was terrible defending for the goal

• Go for it, better to lose 2-0 having a go than this nonsense..get Memheti on!

• 1-0 away would normally be seen as not that bad. But recent results have turned some posters on here into a death cult.

• @WidmerWanderer said:
    Do we look like scoring? Do we create chances? Will he ever change it before 70 mins.. same story every week..

do not look like scoring i am afraid

• edited October 2020

• we look absolutely toothless

• Played 6, lost 6.. one fluke goal..but hey we are getting used to the League.. no signings if any till January, hardly going to have players wanting to play for us.. ah, well at least we gave them the chance to play in this league.

• edited October 2020

Reading are top of the table and have conceded one league goal all season.

• Haven't been impressed with Reading at all

Would be surprised to see them at the top come the end of the season

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Those complaining about the lack of information regarding injuries should remember that publishing this news could help the opposition. I deal with football managers every week and they are all equally reticent when it comes to revealing who is fit and who isn’t, unless it’s an obvious long term injury like Van Dijk at Liverpool.

Also, you probably know exactly how long they're out for so doesn't really affect you

I genuinely have no idea.

Fair enough

I wonder how badly we'd be doing if opposition managers knew which of our players were injured

• that was absolute garbage, let's wait for GA saying we were great....we have been terrible and toothless all season,.we.are brining on our B team to be our saviour....its not fair on him...this season is going to be an impossible task.

• It's only 6 games, encouraging performance, highest ever position, opponents a top team in this league etc etc.

Worrying thing is we basically let them have 2 chances, and they've comfortably seen out a win playing very very averagely.

Growing sinking feeling.
    Rotherham scored 40 the season they set the record low points. Does even the most positive on this board think we have 40 goals in the building?

• Must admit I havnt agreed with the "weve got better every game" comments.. up to now ! I thought that was our best performance so far this season easily. Defence and midfield looked fine, but I have to agree we do look toothless up front, wheres the harm in giving Fred, Wheeler or Parker a go up front... you never know !?