Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

1234568»

Comments

• There is a massive irony in us having a goal disallowed for a tiny shirt pull, considering Bayo can have the shirt ripped off his back and never get a thing.

• He won a free kick for that very offence only yesterday

• He does get the odd one or two but never in the box.

• I do wonder whether yesterday was an example of the type of game where if there had been a (normal) crowd it might have helped us grab an equaliser.

A bit of injustice was always good at getting some momentum

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Uche.

Did somebody say Juche???

Juche is the official ideology of North Korea, described by the government as "Kim Il-sung's original, brilliant and revolutionary contribution to national and international thought".[2] It postulates that "man is the master of his destiny",[3] that the Korean masses are to act as the "masters of the revolution and construction" and that by becoming self-reliant and strong, a team can stay up in the Championship.[3]

I think Wycombe already has Juche, they just need 2 or 3 more decent signings.

• Kashket was being held by Romeo as well so I'm impressed he was even able to get hold of the goalkeepers glove. Never seen that before.( Im still.not convinced from the video I've seen that he did by the way despite mr ashton and mr plant's certainty and I bet that's not the reason the lino gave either!) Having said that set pieces were appalling marked and much as I hate to give in to the Rocky criticism he did seem to.be very static yesterday.

• Really looking forward to tomorrow’s game. There’s no cure for this sickness is there?

• Wheeler had his shirt pulled as the corner was taken, so no goal could/should have been a penalty.

• @floyd said:
    Really looking forward to tomorrow’s game. There’s no cure for this sickness is there?

Absolutely none

• Always a bit of pushing and shoving at a corner...surely?

• edited October 2020

I honestly think the lino had not done his homework, and thought that corners never go straight in without a foul. If Kashket did stroke the goalies hand, it is such a shame, as that ball had the same flight path as the hattrick goal against Lincoln, and was going in regardless.

I really hope the media team someday produce a video of JJ's greatest corners, including those disallowed, hitting the stanchion, tapped in from two inches out by CMS, etc.

• Would be interested to see that Lincoln corner again to see if a Wycombe player was holding hands with the keeper on that one too?
    Ashton seemed to alude it wouldn't have been the first time we had done it.

All of course based on him never watching us

• I am sure he must have shook the lino's hand, at the very least!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Would be interested to see that Lincoln corner again to see if a Wycombe player was holding hands with the keeper on that one too?
    Ashton seemed to alude it wouldn't have been the first time we had done it.

All of course based on him never watching us

How do you know he's never watched Wycombe?