Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• Scotty Kashket scores (another) goal!!

• That happened in slow motion didn’t it? Come on!

• Finally a goal in the championship, the floodgates are open ...

• Frank Fielding wouldn’t have done that.

• Brought back memories of Dannie Bulman’s backside that one!

Hopefully just what we need to get a little something going this season!

• I had the exact same thought regarding Bulman’s deflection.

• I was just about to say we need to cut out giving silly free kicks away.... but commentary just said it.... looks like I'm copying them now ! But we do

• I love Alex Samuel.

• How is this character a UEFA ref?

• Thompson will be found out at this level ?

• I imagine we will try to get Bayo on for the final half an hr to help defend set pieces

• Need another one or to sort put set piece marking. Going to be a long second 45.

• As scores stand, we’re just 5 points off the play-offs. ?

• Much improved, although I think this is more out kind of game as Millwall don’t seem able to pull us around like Blackburn and Swansea did.

Thompson has been super in the middle with Adeniran. We look much more solid.

Not sure if the 442 is horses for courses but it seems to be working. Allow us to track Millwall’s wide players without leaving Samuel completely on his own up front.

• Curtis Thompson. It’s so good to have him back. A great shift from everyone first half.

• @Glenactico said:
    Much improved, although I think this is more out kind of game as Millwall don’t seem able to pull us around like Blackburn and Swansea did.

Thompson has been super in the middle with Adeniran. We look much more solid.

Not sure if the 442 is horses for courses but it seems to be working. Allow us to track Millwall’s wide players without leaving Samuel completely on his own up front.

Yeah, Millwall are more height and force than pace and zipping it about but they're decent and causing problems. Have to thank their goalie for his help but Scotty and Fred are threats and everyone's working their arses off.

• Good first half. The conventional 4-4-2 looking good at the minute with Dennis and Curtis looking a good pairing.

Come on boys you can do it.

• I know I am not a manager or know the players very well but given the LB situation I am still surprised Mascoll was let go. I thought he was decent when he played and had potential. Could not have been on wages that would have stopped us signing someone more 'experienced' as well. Having said that it sounds like Gareth has got Wheeler trying to help out JJ.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I know I am not a manager or know the players very well but given the LB situation I am still surprised Mascoll was let go. I thought he was decent when he played and had potential. Could not have been on wages that would have stopped us signing someone more 'experienced' as well. Having said that it sounds like Gareth has got Wheeler trying to help out JJ.

I think we probably thought we could do better, or he wants to be first choice

• First mistake Stewart has made all season.

• school boy mistakes again

• What’s been given there? Nothing at all.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    why did we buy Uche ?? not even in the squad.....pathetic.

The beast is back baby...

• Another disallowed goal for no reason at all. Fucking shameful from the lino

• All that hard work to see that lead to half time, and chucked away this early, frig sake.

• Why the fuck was that disallowed

• Nothing even close to a foul. Disgraceful.

• Fucks sake