Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• Bayo is back in the match day squad it seems. On the bench today.

• why did we buy Uche ?? not even in the squad.....pathetic.

• hoping we don't get hammered today...that's my only hope

• @Wanderers82 said:
    why did we buy Uche ?? not even in the squad.....pathetic.

Got his full medical history I take it

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wanderers82 said:

proof is in the pudding.

• Strange maybe to not have asked Knight to play in midfield and picked Charles. Curtis is going to have to have a great game.

• Plenty of high profile absences from the squad. No Uche, Gape, McCarthy or Tafazolli.

And is this a 4-4-2?

• @Wanderers82 said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Wanderers82 said:

proof is in the pudding.

Half baked post that

• edited October 2020

4-3-3 presumably, although they've switched from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2, so we may mirror?

• 4-4-3 isn’t it? We don’t need an inquest every time a player isn’t in the 18, but a couple of the absences are interesting.

• And Mehmeti in the bench. A hopeful sign.

• 4-4-3 would be bold.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    hoping we don't get hammered today...that's my only hope

That's the spirit.

• No Parker on the bench either

• Come on lads! Now is your time!

• It’ll be good if we can get a goal first half to get that monkey off our backs.

• @Chris said:
    4-4-3 would be bold.

Perhaps Gareth spotted Madley wearing bottle bottom glasses when he arrived.

• @Wanderers82 said:

Why do you make comments like that? Pathetic is the right word for your post.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Wanderers82 said:

Why do you make comments like that? Pathetic is the right word for your post.

I think he/she may be channelling Richiemu

• I know the club don't like to update on injuries but that's an eyebrow-raising number of absentees among those you'd expect to see in the 18. I can't believe Bayo can be fit enough yet to even make a sub appearance (hopefully I'm wrong!) so I do wonder if he's just keeping up the numbers. Makes me wonder whether there's been an outbreak of coronavirus in the squad. It's an inevitability this season for all teams, which should do quite a lot of make matches more unpredictable at the very least.

• @aloysius I doubt that it would be kept very quiet if they had the national lurgy for obvious reasons.

• @Wanderers82 - you should be more worried about the Posh turning your lot over this afternoon, now that you’ve actually got a game today !

• @TheOldMan said:
    @Wanderers82 - you should be more worried about the Posh turning your lot over this afternoon, now that you’ve actually got a game today !

such trolls because someone does not agree with you ....that's pathetic, you need to grow up

• At least if we do go down we know our squad are not full of overpaid useless charlatans as per Villa and more recently Sunderland

• @aloysius said:
    I know the club don't like to update on injuries but that's an eyebrow-raising number of absentees among those you'd expect to see in the 18. I can't believe Bayo can be fit enough yet to even make a sub appearance (hopefully I'm wrong!) so I do wonder if he's just keeping up the numbers. Makes me wonder whether there's been an outbreak of coronavirus in the squad. It's an inevitability this season for all teams, which should do quite a lot of make matches more unpredictable at the very least.

I’ve thought the same thing but that sort of thing has to be made public doesn’t it? We’ve got 6 games in 3 weeks, we’re not going to name the same 18 for each of them.

• McCarthy has a calf problem apparently. Uche and Taf would be in the squad if fit, the others maybe not.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    McCarthy has a calf problem apparently. Uche and Taf would be in the squad if fit, the others maybe not.

I think Gape would be in the squad as well

• I didn’t realize Frank Fielding was at Millwall.

• OH YES! Oh yes! YESSSSSSSSSS